version upgrade?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dave92211
Airman Basic

version upgrade?

Post by dave92211 »

Hello,

I own FSX versions of C172 Trainer, Cherokee 180 and COTS B377, and wonder if there is an upgrade option to P3D(v4). I see bundles being offered these days, but its not what I'm looking for except for planes which I don't own yet (like Comanche 250 and Constellation 049)...?

Also, are there installer options to select FSX , FSX-SE (and P3D 1-5) for coexistence installs, many installers lately have it. I use FSX , FSX-SE and P3Dv4 on single system...

Thanks for info.

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Re: version upgrade?

Post by Blitzer »

dave92211 wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 09:02 Hello,

I own FSX versions of C172 Trainer, Cherokee 180 and COTS B377, and wonder if there is an upgrade option to P3D(v4). I see bundles being offered these days, but its not what I'm looking for except for planes which I don't own yet (like Comanche 250 and Constellation 049)...?

Also, are there installer options to select FSX , FSX-SE (and P3D 1-5) for coexistence installs, many installers lately have it. I use FSX , FSX-SE and P3Dv4 on single system...

Thanks for info.
There has not historically been any cross-platform/upgrade discount options. Only points earned on previous purchases to put towards your next purchase.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Think of FSX as a separate product line from P3D. The "bundle" gives you unique installers for each of those product lines. If you buy only for FSX, that product's installer helps navigate an install to FSX boxed or FSX Steam Edition. If you buy only for P3D, if I remember correct there are two different installers you can download -- one for P3D versions 1-3, the other for P3D versions 4-5. Again, the designated installer helps you install the correct version for your simulator.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

dave92211
Airman Basic

Post by dave92211 »

Thank you guys both for info and explanations. Ok at least I know I’m not missing out any upgrade deals. I’ll probably buy the bundles of products that I don’t have yet then. As for FSX and FSX-SE, I’ll stick with installing only into FSX because the coexistence of FSX and FSX-SE in one system can be occasionally tricky due to config files mixups…

Appreciate you help..

David

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”