Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Pre Beta Screenshots

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Cockpit Screenshots

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ADFGVX wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 20:05 Will the P3D version also get the digital engine monitor via update someday?
No this is not planned, the MSFS Accu-sim Comanche is an entirely rebuilt/new generation of Accu-sim.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ADFGVX
Airman

Post by ADFGVX »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 05:41
ADFGVX wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 20:05 Will the P3D version also get the digital engine monitor via update someday?
No this is not planned, the MSFS Accu-sim Comanche is an entirely rebuilt/new generation of Accu-sim.
Oh that's a pity. Wil P3D receive further support in general (i.e. any updates,new addons)?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

ADFGVX wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 06:48 Oh that's a pity. Wil P3D receive further support in general (i.e. any updates,new addons)?
Hello,

Its all in to MSFS, we don't have any P3D work planned beyond the flight training work for the platform. This is for the current version, the future versions and what they bring to the table could change this.

thanks,
Lewis

N918JC
Airman

Post by N918JC »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 09:23
Hello,

Its all in to MSFS, we don't have any P3D work planned beyond the flight training work for the platform.

thanks,
Lewis
Very disappointing. I really didn't think A2A would abandon their loyal P3D users. In fact I remember hearing quite the opposite in previous comments. I understood that there was a delay in development while you tried to crack the MSFS code but also thought you were confident of developing a new system that would allow more simplified cross platform development. Oh well.I suppose I was just too optimistic or pehaps naive.

At any rate good luck with your ventures.

Jesse
Jesse "JesC"
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3Dv4.5/5.2, Jetline GTX, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB
Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Pedals
A2A C172, C182, Comanche and Bonanza

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry I deleted the final part of the message by accident, ill add it now. tl:dr we are done with P3D until/depending on the next version.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Jesse,

If we don’t keep building for P3D it is 100% to do with the platform itself and what Lockheed Martin plans to do with it. It is in no way us abandoning our customers, quite the opposite. Our goal is to take simulation to new heights. The platform has to support that goal.

If the next version of Prepar3D has improved terrain, something we and the entire user base has been asking for, for a decade, we would then be able to develop for it.

At the same time we actually have plans to bring the Comanche over to XPlane because that platform has been advancing so much.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lets see if I understand this correctly.

Lewis says "tl:dr we are done with P3D until/depending on the next version."

This could mean anything. But Scott then says "If the next version of Prepar3D has improved terrain, ....., we would then be able to develop for it."

So I have some questions.

1. What does terrain have to do with aircraft development in P3D?
2. Have you ceased developing aircraft for P3D and switched to making scenery only?

Steve.

Bat29
Airman

Post by Bat29 »

Hello Scott and Lewis. The Comanche looks incredible and can not wait to fly this wonderful aircraft in FS2020. I know this aircraft is going to be great and something FS2020 is in dire need of to take FS2020 to the next level. Everyday I check the forums for updates and This has truly made my day and I'm super excited to see progress on this aircraft. I'm also very pleased to hear you folks will be getting involved with X-Plane, something I've wished for a long time.

Everyone I meet that has a interest in flight simulation, I always recommend to them to check out A2A and I believe you folks are the best Flight Simulation company around and have always felt this way. I wish you guys a successful future in FS2020 and X-Plane!

Robert C

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

I hope the walkaround feature makes it into MSFS, as good or maybe even better than in FSX/P3D.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Jigsaw wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 15:12 I hope the walkaround feature makes it into MSFS, as good or maybe even better than in FSX/P3D.
And hopefully working well in VR as well.

Abriael
Airman Basic

Post by Abriael »

N918JC wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 13:05 Very disappointing. I really didn't think A2A would abandon their loyal P3D users.
This is something I've been hearing a lot from P3D users and it makes zero sense. No one is being "abandoned." No purchase of any product gives anyone entitlement to eternal support.

The one who is "abandoning loyal P3D users" is Lockheed Martin, not third-party developers. They have an extremely obsolete platform and no apparent intention to make any relevant upgrades to it, content of serving an extremely niche userbase that is in no shape or form a healthy environment for a third-party developer to do business unless they have large military contracts.

Third-party developers are businesses. They need to put food on the table, and a niche platform with dwindling support and popularity is not conducive to it.

There's a reason why people are putting so much effort into jumping on MSFS. It's because it's a healthy market with a massive (in flight simulation terms) and consistently engaged userbase that can support a developer's primary mission, which is feeding its employees and turning a profit.

If you're feeling "abandoned" it's not A2A's fault or any other third-party dev's fault. The responsibility falls on your own unwillingness to move onto a current-generation platform.

Giuseppe.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

bladerunner900 wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 13:40 Lets see if I understand this correctly.

Lewis says "tl:dr we are done with P3D until/depending on the next version."

This could mean anything. But Scott then says "If the next version of Prepar3D has improved terrain, ....., we would then be able to develop for it."

So I have some questions.

1. What does terrain have to do with aircraft development in P3D?
2. Have you ceased developing aircraft for P3D and switched to making scenery only?

Steve.
I guess he just refers to the fact that P3D is ugly so all customers went to MSFS instead.
Developing an aircraft for P3D right now would probably be a pure loss of money, due to very low sales volumes.
If P3D finally manages to look a bit better in future, they might get some customers back, and it might become interesting again for an addon maker to try to sell something there... but I'm quite pessimistic about that, honestly.

Alec246
Airman First Class

Post by Alec246 »

Wow, how happy it makes me feel A2A is looking into bringing it's top tier quality Addons to Xplane as well.

I would say it is a very smart decision, the platform is now much different than it used to be Pre XP11 days, and XP12 promissed to bring it much closer to the general sim public than ever before. It does so many things right, and the community is always there to complement with what Laminar didnt do themselves. XP12 definitely will look amazing running a A2A Addon!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

bladerunner900 wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 13:40 1. What does terrain have to do with aircraft development in P3D?
The #1 reason people are buying MSFS is for its beautiful terrain. This is why so many 3rd party devs have stopped developing for Prepar3D and moved to MSFS or Xplane. I know there are some holding out on Prepar3D because we haven't yet released for MSFS, but let's not kid ourselves, A2A alone cannot succeed in the entertainment market on P3D alone while it's terrain engine is decades behind MSFS and Xplane. That would be a foolish, failed strategy. And everyone, including our customers, would lose.

For us, we have to make a choice what platform will be our primary one for development reasons, as there is a high cost to support multiple platforms. The flight sim community has chosen MSFS.

The good news is there is a lot of pressure on Lockheed Martin to improve their terrain from their commercial customers, who like the entertainment side of things, also like and want what they are seeing in MSFS. We, like others, are waiting to see if Lockheed Martin answers this call. Until we know this, MSFS and Xplane are two viable platforms for us.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

marez
Airman Basic

Post by marez »

I am very happy and excited that Scott says that they are going to start developing for xplane. The flight model for version 12 seems to be much better than version 11, which was already excellent. Here is an interesting article by Steve Austin where the improvements are detailed https://developer.x-plane.com/article/x ... el-report/ The union of A2A with xplane has to result the most realistic simulation of an aircraft. I would love to see your warbirds on xplane.
I leave you another link with a video of xplane 12 where you can see the physics of a landing https://www.facebook.com/XPlaneOfficial ... 3047371150

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”