Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Pre Beta Screenshots

new reply
Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Cockpit Screenshots

Post by Les Parson »

Wasn't the last major A2A release the Bonanza in 2018? Assuming the Comanche is released sometime in the first quarter of next year for FS 2020, I would expect subsequent aircraft about one year apart.
From a business perspective, it seems USAF is the A2A priority.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Let's not forget the accident with the Aerostar as well which set them back a bit, I would think.

From their update over 2 years ago now regarding the Aerostar development for MSFS:
Because Microsoft Flight Simulator and the Accu-Sim v4 tools are still in development, it’s too early for us to know with any certainty how long it will take to complete this first project.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Blitzer wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 07:12 I do not need to hear again how A2A never provide release dates or a road-map etc. But honestly some level of update perhaps with some news around what A2A are trying to bring with Accu-sim and some idea of what sort of constraints/issues they face with regards to MSFS would be really appreciated. Not necessarily the video as mentioned previously, but something a tad more meaningful. :|
As A2A is actually a business, competing in the marketplace, do you not think that details like that would likely be proprietary information that they'd prefer the rest of the world did not know...?

Like it or lump it, patience is still a virtue and A2A does not owe us anything, including a roadmap to development.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 12:24 As A2A is actually a business, competing in the marketplace, do you not think that details like that would likely be proprietary information that they'd prefer the rest of the world did not know...?

Like it or lump it, patience is still a virtue and A2A does not owe us anything, including a roadmap to development.

Cheers,
Rob
Right on, Rob. Well said.

Muwarr90
Airman

Post by Muwarr90 »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 12:24
Blitzer wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 07:12 I do not need to hear again how A2A never provide release dates or a road-map etc. But honestly some level of update perhaps with some news around what A2A are trying to bring with Accu-sim and some idea of what sort of constraints/issues they face with regards to MSFS would be really appreciated. Not necessarily the video as mentioned previously, but something a tad more meaningful. :|
As A2A is actually a business, competing in the marketplace, do you not think that details like that would likely be proprietary information that they'd prefer the rest of the world did not know...?

Cheers,
Rob
True.

But then in a like manner A2A should realize that the flightsim community does not owe them anything either. We don't owe them our support, interest, or patronage. That is earned. Treating your customer base as valued by the company is part of how you earn that. Aloofness is not.

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 12:24 As A2A is actually a business, competing in the marketplace, do you not think that details like that would likely be proprietary information that they'd prefer the rest of the world did not know...?

Cheers,
Rob
You are absolutely right Rob, A2A is a business and first and foremost are there to make profit by whatever legal avenue they see fit quite frankly. However, without a single product in the market place (specifically MSFS) there is nothing to compete with. Still other developers are taking my money right now.
As previously mentioned I also rather suspect A2A resources are being used for other projects/contracts. Whether those are more profitable, important, contract driven or whatever is actually quite irrelevant to us directly as consumers of flightsim addons.
What is offered up in the way of development news is largely irrelevant. I would not expect any developer to give away detailed or specific information about future releases that they would not want to be public knowledge. That’s completely understandable and is taken as a given.
I did not specifically suggest or request a roadmap be provided, I have been an A2A customer and around here long enough to know that is not what they do. That also means I have been around here long enough to know they have historically been pretty good at proving some level of update now and then. And no, they do not owe us anything. They do not have to do anything. However, as I said it would be appreciated to receive something a little more meaningful from A2A, not just another request to be patience and/or repetition of heading for beta.
Plenty of other developers manage to provide updates without necessarily giving away sensitive information. Keeping user base interest engaged with some level of communication promotes/maintains good relations. Also worth remembering the user base in MSFS has attracted people new to flight sims - good to have your name out there and being talking about with anticipation of that exciting new add-on on its way…
Patience is a virtue, yes and Rome was not built in a day etc. However, no matter how you dress it up MSFS has been out for two years now, we have and are being patience. It is not really that unreasonable to request something a little more in the way of update from a business that has previously work so diligently in building good customer relations.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

“I had my patience tested. It’s negative.”

It's been four years since the release of the Bonanza but only two years for MSFS and no doubt this new platform has had its growing pains to allow for a high fidelity A2A aircraft. Although the Comanche has been done before and all the modeling and testing information is already out there it does need to be MSFS'ed. Taking the time to learn the developer SDK and their continuing work on consolidating the AccuSim coding and the latter being, I'm sure, very time consuming and not the least bit easy, along with creating new tech and failures for this first release we should all be patient.

Now I'm sure the A2A team has been flying and testing the new bird (lucky sob's :P ) for a while now but that doesn't equate into being ready for beta testing because with any new project there are many bugs to be delt with. Now any company would love for their product to be ready for the Christmas holiday but that only leaves about 65-75 days left for member beta testing and hype and leaves us all to wonder if we will get a Xmas release, so even more patience is needed.

Mayb A2A can answer a few questions,

Will the team jump on board the use of a pop-up iPad like other developers to control things since it seems to be a positive theme in MSFS products?

Will there be more failures to fix in the Maintenance hanger, like undercarriage damage or prop breakage, since MSFS s more robust in variables? (Or whatever word they use)

Will we be able to switch between steam or glass panels?

“The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” Arnold H. Glasow
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

jeepinforfun wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 14:52 Will the team jump on board the use of a pop-up iPad like other developers to control things since it seems to be a positive theme in MSFS products?

Will there be more failures to fix in the Maintenance hanger, like undercarriage damage or prop breakage, since MSFS s more robust in variables? (Or whatever word they use)

1. I certainly hope so!
2. Not sure the old-style hangar will be necessary with a tablet.
3. As long as the steam is the default option, please! :mrgreen:

robbietp111!
Airman Basic

Post by robbietp111! »

I understand that A2A don't provide release dates or road maps for understandable reasons. But a simple update would be nice. Other significant developers can keep potential customers in the loop without much trouble. Not sure why everything appears to be so secretive on this front.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

Patience doesn't stop me being disillusioned. And it's not about A2A "owing" us anything. There should be nothing wrong with customers giving feedback, which is what is happening here. A2A's very limited communication over a long period is not congruent with Scott's implication back in 2021 that they wanted to involve/inform us more in their development progress. How they are operating is their choice but the negative feedback being expressed here is a consequence of that.

robbietp111!
Airman Basic

Post by robbietp111! »

GrahamP wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 16:14 Patience doesn't stop me being disillusioned. And it's not about A2A "owing" us anything. There should be nothing wrong with customers giving feedback, which is what is happening here. A2A's very limited communication over a long period is not congruent with Scott's implication back in 2021 that they wanted to involve/inform us more in their development progress. How they are operating is their choice but the negative feedback being expressed here is a consequence of that.
This is a really good point!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Bones wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 17:49
jeepinforfun wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 14:52 Will the team jump on board the use of a pop-up iPad like other developers to control things since it seems to be a positive theme in MSFS products?

1. I certainly hope so!
2. Not sure the old-style hangar will be necessary with a tablet.
3. As long as the steam is the default option, please! :mrgreen:
Ipads have their places, but I much prefer the "old-style" hangar, especially if it's got the same functionality as the Bonanza's hangar. As to gauges, steam types only please. I have troubles with glass panels.

If the Comanche is released with all the improved features of the Bonanza as well as an engine monitor, I'll be a very happy chappy. I just hope it gets released before Christmas. And by that I mean the next one on the calendar :lol: .

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

GrahamP wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 16:14 Patience doesn't stop me being disillusioned. And it's not about A2A "owing" us anything. There should be nothing wrong with customers giving feedback, which is what is happening here. A2A's very limited communication over a long period is not congruent with Scott's implication back in 2021 that they wanted to involve/inform us more in their development progress. How they are operating is their choice but the negative feedback being expressed here is a consequence of that.
Actual patience would absolutely stop you from being disillusioned...and feedback, whether positive or negative, is generally considered to be constructive. The vast majority of these type of posts over the last two years have been nothing more than whining along the lines of kids in the car continually asking, "Are we there yet?", and thus not really constructive. For an example of meaningful feedback, look at Dogsbody55's last post...feedback without whining...

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

What a sanctimonious response! Who do you think you are to decide "absolutely" what patience and disillusionment affect anybody else?

Yes, I agree that a lot of the posts have been "whiney". Mine gave a clear constructive reason for me being disillusioned. If you don't agree, so be it, but get off your high horse and understand that the way you see it is not "absolutely" the only way to see it.

Muwarr90
Airman

Post by Muwarr90 »

Actual patience would absolutely stop you from being disillusioned...and feedback, whether positive or negative, is generally considered to be constructive. The vast majority of these type of posts over the last two years have been nothing more than whining along the lines of kids in the car continually asking, "Are we there yet?", and thus not really constructive. For an example of meaningful feedback, look at Dogsbody55's last post...feedback without whining...

Cheers,
Rob
[/quote]

In order to give feedback, there has to be some meaningful information to respond to.

In the last two plus years A2A has made the decision not to provide anything but the most minimal meaningful information. They have clearly decided that they do not want or value feedback from the community.

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”