Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Pre Beta Screenshots

new reply
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Cockpit Screenshots

Post by Redglyph »

I'm surprised to read that the terrain would be a motivation to move to X-Plane, it's always been the worst in that regard, in my experience. The strong points of X-Plane are the flight model experience and a better support for helicopters.

Is there a big improvement planned for XP12 with the terrain? Without buying expensive scenery packages that are limited to a few regions?

The current ones by Orbx must be good enough but they only cover some areas, so flying VFR in other (most) countries is not fun, I've tried to use it for training but I don't even recognize the land. As for Ortho4XP, it's free but it doesn't look that good in 2022. More annoyingly, while the terrain is more or less accurate, the other layers aren't and you end up with trees and houses in the middle of roads or fields, which is quite distracting. :wink:
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

ahuimanu
Airman

Post by ahuimanu »

Abriael wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 21:07
N918JC wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 13:05 Very disappointing. I really didn't think A2A would abandon their loyal P3D users.
This is something I've been hearing a lot from P3D users and it makes zero sense. No one is being "abandoned." No purchase of any product gives anyone entitlement to eternal support.

The one who is "abandoning loyal P3D users" is Lockheed Martin, not third-party developers. They have an extremely obsolete platform and no apparent intention to make any relevant upgrades to it, content of serving an extremely niche userbase that is in no shape or form a healthy environment for a third-party developer to do business unless they have large military contracts.

Third-party developers are businesses. They need to put food on the table, and a niche platform with dwindling support and popularity is not conducive to it.

There's a reason why people are putting so much effort into jumping on MSFS. It's because it's a healthy market with a massive (in flight simulation terms) and consistently engaged userbase that can support a developer's primary mission, which is feeding its employees and turning a profit.

If you're feeling "abandoned" it's not A2A's fault or any other third-party dev's fault. The responsibility falls on your own unwillingness to move onto a current-generation platform.

Giuseppe.
Ryan, William (1971). Blaming the Victim. ISBN 9780394417264

Abriael
Airman Basic

Post by Abriael »

ahuimanu wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 07:18 Ryan, William (1971). Blaming the Victim. ISBN 9780394417264
P3D users are victims of nothing, if not of P3D's commercial flop. The fact that they choose to stick with an unsuccessful product that does not create a market that allows third-party developers to prosper is an issue of their own making.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I wouldn't spend a single € on any P3D addon anymore. P3D is ugly, badly optimized and hilariously expensive for what it delivers. Their communication is not existant, they may update P3Dv5, maybe they will not, maybe they will bring v6, maybe not. Maybe it will fix the stone old lighting issues, maybe not, maybe the mesh problems, maybe not. The flight model is even worse, probably the worst of all sims, stuck with FS9? or X? It's always been 3rd party developers who bypassed P3D who made it worthy and A2A have apparently found a way to bring Accusim to the new sim, so we'll get our Accusim aircraft in a shiny world. I can see no reason why A2A should still develop for P3D. They have "recently" updated P3Dv3 aircraft and I assume that if required they will still bring a quality of live update for 64bit P3D addons. It's A2A after all, they presented their P40 to us and rain effects to the whole world of developers. But there is no economically feasible point in developing new addons for a dead platform that may show some last twiches at some point but will never reach modern standards, not with what and who P3D actually is.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Well, I have just a month ago or so finally gotten onboard the Bing Sim from P3Dv5, using PMDG 737 as my personal test bed. (I must say that PMDG has made some good progress since I last was their customer, such as finally getting the lateral navigation more right, though still pending database update for full functionality, much improved sounds, lots of important details towards realism such as tiller steering and proper parking brake and so on! Thumbs up for them.)

But in what comes to the sim itself, at this stage, my feelings are mixed. I was still expecting a disappointment, which I am happy to say I did not have. The performance is surprisingly good, though sometimes inconsistent, in general beating P3Dv5 on my ancient, i5 2500K based rig. Weather visuals are absolutely great, but the weather system itself is... meh, sometimes good, sometimes rather inconsistent. And back to no weather radar, at least for PMDG. The terrain, well, I am left with mixed feelings. As I often enjoy flying to somewhat rural, relatively high latitude airports, often I actually find the results being worse than in landclass-based system.

Approaching Whitehorse, Canada. I understand they are about to provide a world update specifically for Canada in near-future, but this entirely streaming, photorealism always no matter where you fly fantasy indeed ended up being, well, fantasy.

But of course, some areas are really nice, as advertised, and usually with very good performance.

Same goes to the airports, which while in general are better than P3Dv5 defaults (which indeed are oftentimes worse than previous gen defaults!), are rather inconsistent in quality. And a lots of issues in navaids (sigh... and again, the markers...) not fixable by free tools from Sors at this time. Well, at least the magvar file is. No EditVoicePack for default ATC... so on.

So, in general, while I see that the MSFS is where the future is going for regardless of the painful beginnings, in particular for 3rd party developers, I would not be too harsh on P3Dv5 spiced with proper addons, as the leap is not without its problems - some old and familiar and some entirely new ones.

-Esa

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I wonder what developers will do when the rush to MSFS subsides? I guess go to Xplane 12 if it ever comes out. I was out of simming for several years due to computer problems while P3D was in development. I built a new high end system about the time MSFS came out, but went into P3D because I did not like the idea of having to depend on real time downloads. I bought a lot of Orbx scenery at discount when Orbx was rushing to capitalize on MSFS. My drive is up to 1.75 tb as a result so I have lots of nice looking places to fly to. For now I'm sticking with P3D but I'll take a look at Xplane 12 if it ever shows up.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

jsbrewster1
Senior Airman

Post by jsbrewster1 »

Hoping for some more screenshots/updates soon. Is the delay on Sim Update 10 affecting the progress of the development?
Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator
US Air Force (retired)
"...and miles to go before I sleep..." - RF

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Thanks for the great screenshots Scott, it's going to be brilliant and without a doubt, the best airplane in MSFS!!

I know it'll be perfection, because that's what your A2A team does! Take whatever time you need to get it there... 8)

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Yup...exhausting for sure...
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Soooo ... another two months have gone down the river of time. Would be great to get a little update! :)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Jigsaw wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 09:29 Soooo ... another two months have gone down the river of time. Would be great to get a little update! :)
Hey Jigsaw,

Yes, I have been thinking the same this last week or so. Time passes, we get a snippet of "be patience its coming"... then sadly everything dies down and goes quiet. If I recall some time ago there was mention of a video update... but same story.
It feels very much to me as though the A2A team are likely having their time tied-up in what I would guess to be other contracts of a more commercial nature. Nothing wrong in that.

A2A set the bar really quite high a long time ago with Accu-Sim and if I'm honest I cannot really say I have found any other developer to have quite reached that bar in every respect as yet. Other developers have however been pushing towards that bar and quite frankly establishing their name/brand as the go-to for detailed, feature rich and study level aircraft in MSFS. I suspect we will see A2A appear in MSFS and it would not surprise me if it were quite sudden and out of the blue. However, the longer that wait is the higher my expectation is of how Accu-Sim has potentially evolved since P3D and to a degree will need to do so to regain ground on other developers.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

Back in 2021 Scott talked about making videos sharing how they Accu-Sim an airplane, taking cameras on the Commanche and posting dev updates. It's disappointing that hasn't happened but I guess they have other priorities. It is what it is.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 11:20 Thanks for the great screenshots Scott, it's going to be brilliant and without a doubt, the best airplane in MSFS!!

I know it'll be perfection, because that's what your A2A team does! Take whatever time you need to get it there... 8)

Cheers,
Rob
No pressure then... :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Ron Attwood wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 17:28
MkIV Hvd wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 11:20 Thanks for the great screenshots Scott, it's going to be brilliant and without a doubt, the best airplane in MSFS!!

Cheers,
Rob
No pressure then... :D
Of course not!!! As long as it's perfect... :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”