even if you aren't it might be in my hanger as soon as it's released
.....I hope the B-17 is next :)

jonnieb57
Airman

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Cockpit Screenshots

Post by jonnieb57 »

That looks very promising - are you sure that this is from a sim? :D
Can´t wait to see it.
I have been waiting for A2A creations in MSFS since its´ release. In FSX, your aircraft were my favorites for immersion.
:a2awhite: MSFS, waiting to list my new A2A aircraft here!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are days from beta. There is a crazy amount of stuff for these guys to chew on. My hope is it doesn't get bogged down, which is always the risk load testing new tech (a lot of large new independent systems). Not just flight physics but the internal engine has been completely made new and at high resolution. The engine is infinite in what it can do, it's literally a collection of real parts twirling, rubbing, sparks, air, fuel, combustion, oil, pressures, etc. It's a miracle it all works like it does. Testing and breaking things over and over again is never comfortable, it always feels like I'm hurting something valuable (like a $45,000 engine).

The sound system is even more intertwined with the physical airplane. 975 sound recordings as of today inside the Comanche 250 library. I was at the hangar today recording the sound the oil door makes when operating it and talking to a friend saying "you have any idea how many sounds an aircraft can make?"

The team is hyper focused. I feel like I am working with the Avengers.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Can I pre-order tonight?

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

Scott - A2A wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 18:08 We are days from beta. There is a crazy amount of stuff for these guys to chew on. My hope is it doesn't get bogged down, which is always the risk load testing new tech (a lot of large new independent systems). Not just flight physics but the internal engine has been completely made new and at high resolution. The engine is infinite in what it can do, it's literally a collection of real parts twirling, rubbing, sparks, air, fuel, combustion, oil, pressures, etc. It's a miracle it all works like it does. Testing and breaking things over and over again is never comfortable, it always feels like I'm hurting something valuable (like a $45,000 engine).

The sound system is even more intertwined with the physical airplane. 975 sound recordings as of today inside the Comanche 250 library. I was at the hangar today recording the sound the oil door makes when operating it and talking to a friend saying "you have any idea how many sounds an aircraft can make?"

Scott
I love that kind of breaking stuff. I am always editing planes trying to get oil/cht temps to react correctly and what not. I get it perfect, then once I change weather all the work was for nothing.
Tiny little variables can break everything so quickly. I spend more time testing than I do flying lately I've noticed. Probably because I don't have an A2A plane to fly anymore so I'm bored. :lol:

Jorge Bach
Airman First Class

Post by Jorge Bach »

Scott - A2A wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 18:08 We are days from beta. There is a crazy amount of stuff for these guys to chew on. My hope is it doesn't get bogged down, which is always the risk load testing new tech (a lot of large new independent systems). Not just flight physics but the internal engine has been completely made new and at high resolution. The engine is infinite in what it can do, it's literally a collection of real parts twirling, rubbing, sparks, air, fuel, combustion, oil, pressures, etc. It's a miracle it all works like it does. Testing and breaking things over and over again is never comfortable, it always feels like I'm hurting something valuable (like a $45,000 engine).

Scott
That is amazing. How many resources are required to move all this stuff? An Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5Ghz + GTX 1080 8GB + DDR4 32GB can do it?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Jorge Bach wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 14:16

Scott
That is amazing. How many resources are required to move all this stuff? An Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5Ghz + GTX 1080 8GB + DDR4 32GB can do it?
Since day one we've always taken pride in not just doing proper 3d art, physics, features, etc., but doing them with the utmost efficiency. The new code is so streamlined, it is actually smaller in size to the old. We were able to remove so many Accu-Sim->FSX/P3D cooperative dependencies now that it's 100% independent. The older hybrid approach code was far more costly than just running it straight, and even that system had low overhead. In Accu-Sim v2.0, forces are instant, frame by frame. This can be seen in response and shakes. The flight modeling is fluid with consistent smooth output. It's amazing what can be accomplished when you are writing all the code, as you can see it all happening. It's only the code you don't have access to that creates hurdles that require sometimes funky, creative solutions to get around.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Scott - A2A wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 15:39 In Accu-Sim v2.0
That looks like a done deal. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Ron Attwood wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 17:21
Actually it's never really "done" with us. Accusim v2.0 is a living breathing program. It's improved every day we discover something that needs tweaking or adding to it.
So when someone buys the Comanche, they are purchasing much more than just the aircraft. They are in effect "joining the Accusim train". They will see constant improvement in Accusim for as long as they remain an A2A customer. The members of our "Accusim Family" are not even restricted to a single aircraft when it comes to the benefit of Accusim. As Accusim improves, is corrected, and added to, and people add A2A airplanes to their fleet, these planes as well will see Accusim as it is improved, corrected, and added to.
Our A2A community should view the Comanche as the "door" through which they enter to get on the "Accusim Train".
As long as an A2A pilot chooses to remain in our family they will see every improvement we make within Accusim regardless of whether they own one A2A aircraft or a dozen A2A aircraft.
And THAT my friends is the beauty of Accusim !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dudley Henriques

Jorge Bach
Airman First Class

Post by Jorge Bach »

Scott - A2A wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 15:39
Jorge Bach wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 14:16

Scott
Since day one we've always taken pride in not just doing proper 3d art, physics, features, etc., but doing them with the utmost efficiency. The new code is so streamlined, it is actually smaller in size to the old. We were able to remove so many Accu-Sim->FSX/P3D cooperative dependencies now that it's 100% independent. The older hybrid approach code was far more costly than just running it straight, and even that system had low overhead. In Accu-Sim v2.0, forces are instant, frame by frame. This can be seen in response and shakes. The flight modeling is fluid with consistent smooth output. It's amazing what can be accomplished when you are writing all the code, as you can see it all happening. It's only the code you don't have access to that creates hurdles that require sometimes funky, creative solutions to get around.
Many thanks for the answer. I had the feeling that no other plane will overcome the Comanche; I was wrong: the Accu-Sim 2.0 Comanche will do it. I will enjoy so much to fly again the best airplane of MSFS.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Thanks for the recent updates, Scott. So good to hear the progress on the MSFS Comanche. I'm very much looking forward to getting to grips with Accu-Sim V2.0 too. Now we just have to hope that beta testing goes well. And quickly :mrgreen: .

Cheers,
Mike

PS. Nice to see the forum come to life again :D .
ImageImageImageImage

LuigiDelussu
Airman Basic

Post by LuigiDelussu »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 19:23
Actually it's never really "done" with us. Accusim v2.0 is a living breathing program. It's improved every day we discover something that needs tweaking or adding to it.
So when someone buys the Comanche, they are purchasing much more than just the aircraft. They are in effect "joining the Accusim train". They will see constant improvement in Accusim for as long as they remain an A2A customer. The members of our "Accusim Family" are not even restricted to a single aircraft when it comes to the benefit of Accusim. As Accusim improves, is corrected, and added to, and people add A2A airplanes to their fleet, these planes as well will see Accusim as it is improved, corrected, and added to.
Our A2A community should view the Comanche as the "door" through which they enter to get on the "Accusim Train".
As long as an A2A pilot chooses to remain in our family they will see every improvement we make within Accusim regardless of whether they own one A2A aircraft or a dozen A2A aircraft.
Dudley Henriques
Is it going to be possible to bind everything to the hardware? I mean, I use spad.next to drive my honeycomb bravo, and I’m going to expand the range of hardware. Are you going to release a list of custom events/variables once it’s out?

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

LuigiDelussu wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 02:58
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 19:23

Dudley Henriques
Is it going to be possible to bind everything to the hardware? I mean, I use spad.next to drive my honeycomb bravo, and I’m going to expand the range of hardware. Are you going to release a list of custom events/variables once it’s out?
That's a question a bit above my pay grade I'm afraid better directed to Scott.
DH

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Dudley, Scott,

can you already tell us how this will work? Is Accusim an external exe like AirlandFS or running in the sim? With all the independence I assume first and I would welcome it honestly for various reasons.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MarcE wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 05:16 Dudley, Scott,

can you already tell us how this will work? Is Accusim an external exe like AirlandFS or running in the sim? With all the independence I assume first and I would welcome it honestly for various reasons.
Scott just refers to it as "magic".
We could tell you but then we would have to kill you.

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”