Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Pre Beta Screenshots

new reply
Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Cockpit Screenshots

Post by Jigsaw »

Muwarr90 wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 09:42 In the last two plus years A2A has made the decision not to provide anything but the most minimal meaningful information. They have clearly decided that they do not want or value feedback from the community.
A side effect of that is that it might build up unreasonable expectations. MSFS is out for two years now and many developers have already forayed into the arena that used to be A2A's exclusive forte (state saving, more alive instruments, simulated oil, fuel and electrical systems, maintenance, engine damage etc.). Some examples are the Blackbird (aka MilViz) Cessna 310, the WB Sim 172 Enhancement Mod or the Just Flight Arrows.

Of course, with A2A not releasing any aircraft in all that time, citing a big road block that held them back (but apparently no other developers, including PMDG with their highly complex 737) and not providing any infos on what's to come, we are expecting nothing short of the most amazing add-on ever created for any simulator ever.

Maybe it is! Who knows? But my gut tells me, we are being set up for a disappointment. We lift the first A2A aircraft for MSFS onto such a high pedastal with our expecations that it's probably impossible to meet them. No one would be more happy than me if I was wrong though ... well, we'll see. Eventually.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Unfortunately, I rather expect the release of the Comanche may be somewhat of an anticlimax. If Accusim in MSFS is little more than a refresh of features we have already experienced in P3D it will be (for me at least) underwhelming. I hope for something truly innovative that take Accusim to a new level of ground-breaking evolution but feel it is more likely to be a recreation with a little extra sparkle. With zero communication in this respect we can only speculate and hope.

Managing customer expectations is valuable, even if what you can (or are willing) to share is not favourable news. Silence starts to instil a sense of arrogance and contempt for your customers even if there is no absolutely no intention of doing so. Benefit of doubt currently prevails here, I believe A2A must be under such pressures elsewhere that this consumer branch of A2A business must wait. If that or similar is true I would rather just hear as much.

What was likely to be an instant unquestioning purchase by me at release of the MSFS Comanche will now be a far more considered purchase based on price and perceived added value. Rather sad to say my respect and faith is tarnished.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

It's funny. So many of you complainers blithely abandoned A2A for the sake of the new "gee whiz" sim, and now you're upset that they didn't drop everything to concentrate on serving you.

Now you try to coerce them with veiled threats. I think you should be ashamed.

R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Post by R-2800-59 »

ratty wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 17:28 It's funny. So many of you complainers blithely abandoned A2A for the sake of the new "gee whiz" sim, and now you're upset that they didn't drop everything to concentrate on serving you.

I don't think that's quite right as A2A stated they will concentrate on developing for this new simulator fairly soon after it established, so for me it was clear that the Bonanza was the end of the road. After my SSD with P3D on it broke down I made the change to MSFS too and kiiinda don't regret it (except for the fact that I don't find any add on that excites me the way A2A products did). So I am eagerly awaiting the first release and hope to be able to fill my stable with an A2A radial engine soon.

The FSX platform aged quite well in the hands of Lockheed-Martin and sure provided us with good X64 fun the last years. Now however it really seems a little dusted and brings great limitation to what can actually be done on and around it.
Although I will probably install it again for my gorgeous L-049, I don't expect it to last long on me as the new sim got so much to get excited about (performance on the exact same system is a thousand times better). It will be a great part of the future for this now-growing community for at least the next five years and this is where the money will be at.

If I could go to another company for my needs, I would have done it by now (as I did for my propliner kink, PMDG did a good job).
As, however, there obviously is no developer out there yet to bring up the same level of realism and technical detail into the new platform I guess we'll be hanging around here for some while and hope to get our hands on whatever they do behind the curtains as soon as we can. I can't tell that I like it this way (others would say that I seem a little sore), but in my shinier moments I like to dream what might be coming one day- an accusimed DC-3, any german bird of age, my beloved Constellation or T-6...

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

ratty wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 17:28 It's funny. So many of you complainers blithely abandoned A2A for the sake of the new "gee whiz" sim, and now you're upset that they didn't drop everything to concentrate on serving you.

Abandoned A2A?… I cannot speak for other people but I found the overall experience of immersion MSFS brings over P3D. The lighting, environment, the weather and most noticeably my experience has been a better overall experience of sim performance in VR. Given A2A are developing the Comanche and Accusim for MSFS under their own steam it’s not as if previous users of FSX/P3D have suddenly laid down demands that they should develop for MSFS.
The overall sentiment I see when I follow this thread is users keen to hear some news of how that development is going and ideally a sense of nearing an first release.

As for veiled threats, if you are referring to my previous post I am making veiled threats at all. My purchase of the Comanche for MSFS when it appears will hinge around price and the overall Accusim package it provides. We have received little to no information about what this new and improved features and seemingly little interest from the developers to communicate with us. Given the passing of time I suspect now that my expectations are at a higher level than will be delivered with the next iteration of Accusim - I would be more than happy to be wrong!

Again, I rather suspect they are tied up in projects for which they are contracted to complete - we can only speculate on such situations in the absence of their input. However, taking lack of developer input, assuming my expectations are too high and quite frankly the rising cost of living into consideration - I will not be purchasing the Comanche for MSFS on blind faith whereas I may have done so previously.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Still working hard guys to make it to Beta, things are going well but slow going as normal.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

GrahamP wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 08:36 What a sanctimonious response! Who do you think you are to decide "absolutely" what patience and disillusionment affect anybody else?

Yes, I agree that a lot of the posts have been "whiney". Mine gave a clear constructive reason for me being disillusioned. If you don't agree, so be it, but get off your high horse and understand that the way you see it is not "absolutely" the only way to see it.
Hhmmm...I don't remember insulting you and I'm not deciding anything for anybody. The definition of patience is, "the ability to wait, or to continue doing something despite difficulties, or to suffer without complaining or becoming annoyed". I still don't think you can be openly disillusioned while claiming to be patient...the words are contradictory.

You should probably just see if you can untwist your knickers a bit and go ahead and have a great day!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I’ve been a part of this large community for 11 years or so…and I can say with confidence that A2A has never announced the existence of a new project until it is well into beta. Since MSFS is a new platform and impatience was beginning to rise in the community, Scott was good enough to post screenshots of a Comanche in development, but still not in beta, to re-assure the community that there IS something on the way! The answer to the question of “When will it be released?” is the same as it has been for every release: when A2A makes a formal announcement. Threats, bribes and questioning have no bearing on the process. Right, I’m off for Niagara Falls in the T6!

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

I wonder if the release of SU10 is what A2A have been holding off for with any further information on the development process. Perhaps once SU10 is here we will see some first video clips of the Comanche in MSFS during beta.

Regards,
-Peter
ImageImage

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Mantock wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 03:22 I wonder if the release of SU10 is what A2A have been holding off for with any further information on the development process. Perhaps once SU10 is here we will see some first video clips of the Comanche in MSFS during beta.

Regards,
-Peter
Ah bless. :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Mantock wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 03:22 I wonder if the release of SU10 is what A2A have been holding off for with any further information on the development process. Perhaps once SU10 is here we will see some first video clips of the Comanche in MSFS during beta.

Regards,
-Peter
Well, one thing is guaranteed for the forseeable future: there will always be a next update that developers can wait for before they decide to release something. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

The stuff of nightmares! :D

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Ron Attwood wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 07:47

Regards,
-Peter
Ah bless. :D

Hah! Yea this is A2A we are talking about, I deserve that :D

In all honesty though, it'll be totally worth waiting for.

-Peter
ImageImage

ftrusky
Senior Airman

Post by ftrusky »

Haven't checked in in a while, still on FSX and have a hanger full of A2A. I am totally pumped to see A2A for MSFS2020. I will be moving spring of next year and downsizing to a retirement community and upgrading to a new SOTA Jetline PC at that time..
I've stayed with FSX hoping some of the planes I fly most (A2A Cherokee, Comanche, C172 / 182, the J-3, and T-6) would be repurposed for the 2020 platform.
The Comanche is a good start.
Frank

Rig #1: I7 4770 @ 4.3,16GB @ 2133, Nv GTX780, 1TB Sansung SSD, 40" Sony KDL 40EX500,CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64
Rig #2: I7 2700 @ 4.6, 8GB @ 1866, Nv GTX580, C=256GB SSD, E&F=2 X 600 V-raps, 30" Dell, CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Just chiming in to remind that another month has gone by. Now back to our regularly scheduled programing. :wink:
Happy Landings
- Patrick

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”