Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Pre Beta Screenshots

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Cockpit Screenshots

Post by Jigsaw »

Scott - A2A wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 08:46
bladerunner900 wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 13:40 1. What does terrain have to do with aircraft development in P3D?
2. Have you ceased developing aircraft for P3D and switched to making scenery only?
The #1 reason people are buying MSFS is for its beautiful terrain.
I absolutely agree. As much as I love getting involved with the technology and operation of aircraft ... the only reason why I really love flying is the experience and the dream of seeing the beautiful world from the air. The aircraft is only a tool to achieve that. The very second MSFS dropped I left FSX and P3D for good and never looked back. As good as the aircraft in those two sims are ... the main reason to fly is indeed entirely obsolete in those two sims as long as MSFS is around. They look like a cartoon in comparison. There is no going back for me.

Besides, even without A2A having released any aircraft for it yet, the selection of aircraft that are as good and even better than most FSX/P3D aircraft is already really huge. I already own 31 payware aircraft for MSFS, and every single one of them is awesome. Can't wait to add the Comanche to that selection.

FSX and P3D where great as long as they were at the top of the food chain (X-Plane never created a world or lighting that I liked), but that time has passed.
Last edited by Jigsaw on 09 Jul 2022, 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Snoober
Airman

Post by Snoober »

N918JC wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 13:05
Lewis - A2A wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 09:23
Hello,

Its all in to MSFS, we don't have any P3D work planned beyond the flight training work for the platform.

thanks,
Lewis
Very disappointing. I really didn't think A2A would abandon their loyal P3D users. In fact I remember hearing quite the opposite in previous comments. I understood that there was a delay in development while you tried to crack the MSFS code but also thought you were confident of developing a new system that would allow more simplified cross platform development. Oh well.I suppose I was just too optimistic or pehaps naive.

At any rate good luck with your ventures.

Jesse
Why do so many gamers/simmers claim they are being abandoned? Just because you bought a product doesn't mean that anyone has to keep developing for you (beyond patching technical issues that crop up). It sucks if you like P3D and wish for more for it but you aren't being abandoned.
FSX Aircraft:
  • Cessna 182 Skylane
  • Piper Comanche 250
  • Beechcraft Bonanza V-tail
  • Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
  • North American P-51 Mustang
  • North American P-51 Civilian Mustang
  • Piper J-3 Cub

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

MSFS (best terrain) plus A2A (best aircraft) = Best of both worlds (No brainer).

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I understand why A2A have left FSX and P3D behind. In any discussion about "abandonment", we need to face the reality that FSX and anything based on it is sixteen years old. In computer terms, that's ancient to the point of being antediluvian. Lockheed Martin will have to keep up with the competition if they want to maintain market share, and therefore, the viability of any third party product support.

The next question then posed is one of viability for L-M. Is it worth it for them to continue, given that they may not be in the business of computer gaming and flight simulation? If they have valued customers such as the military or flight schools who require a different type of flight sim, then perhaps they are in that business. I can't provide an answer for that.

I've kept my P3D (V4.5) installation because of both instability issues with MSFS and an at present lack of A2A content for MSFS. Add on better mesh, weather and scenery and it's still an acceptable sim. But if we use predominantly GA aircraft, such as A2A's upcoming Comanche, then MSFS becomes the sim of choice. Perhaps X-Plane 12 too, but I have no experience of X-Plane to be able to comment. Running military jets around at low altitude also become more enjoyable and involving. Let's face it, even Tubeliners are better in MSFS as all planes operate at low altitudes at some points in each flight. So if or when I resolve the instability issues with MSFS, and also when A2A have more releases for that sim, then my use of P3D will diminish. I'm disappointed that A2A never brought the P-47 up to P3D standards, but I don't have FSX on my PC just for one plane.

I'd like to hope that A2A will bring all their present FSX/P3D catalogue on to the MSFS platform eventually, but I think the market will also dictate that they develop other newer products too. Given their revisions to the Accu-Sim module, I can't say how easy redoing old product will be, but previous comments from them would suggest it's not out of the bounds of possibility. However, already I've read dismissive comment elsewhere about "port overs", but people will vote with their money. That will determine what of the present catalogue becomes available for MSFS and possibly X-Plane. Personally, I'm hoping for a mix of the two for a while. One old, one new.

So what would I spend my money on, from the present catalogue? In order, Comanche, Spitfire, Cessna 182, T-6 Texan, Bonanza, P-40, Cherokee, Cub, Connie. But I'd also be a day one buyer of the P-47 if A2A decided to release that gorgeous plane for MSFS. As I would for any GA twin from A2A.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 08:46 The #1 reason people are buying MSFS is for its beautiful terrain. This is why so many 3rd party devs have stopped developing for Prepar3D and moved to MSFS or Xplane. I know there are some holding out on Prepar3D because we haven't yet released for MSFS, but let's not kid ourselves, A2A alone cannot succeed in the entertainment market on P3D alone while it's terrain engine is decades behind MSFS and Xplane. That would be a foolish, failed strategy. And everyone, including our customers, would lose.

For us, we have to make a choice what platform will be our primary one for development reasons, as there is a high cost to support multiple platforms. The flight sim community has chosen MSFS.

The good news is there is a lot of pressure on Lockheed Martin to improve their terrain from their commercial customers, who like the entertainment side of things, also like and want what they are seeing in MSFS. We, like others, are waiting to see if Lockheed Martin answers this call. Until we know this, MSFS and Xplane are two viable platforms for us.

Scott.
Thanks for answering. I will wait and see if you release any tail dragger for MSFS.

Steve.

bundi
Airman First Class

Post by bundi »

Can't wait to spend money on a2a. Haven't done it in a while... :D

I have one question: Will a2a products for MSFS support the pms50 GPS unit?

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

bundi wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 14:30 Can't wait to spend money on a2a. Haven't done it in a while... :D

I have one question: Will a2a products for MSFS support the pms50 GPS unit?
Once WT makes the GNS 430/530 (eventually it will be default for the sim) we won't need to worry about the PMS version.

Romeo Juliett Echo
Airman

Post by Romeo Juliett Echo »

Looks amazing. I would really like to see the Cherokee and 172 in MSFS.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

It's beautiful. Looking forward to it's release.

I hate to be that guy, but why does the brake handle, throttle, carb heat, ect. metal bits look so white compared to other metal items on the dash?

That said I'm in love and since I didn't get a chance to fly it in FSX due to a complete PC crash it will be like a new toy to sim with. Also can't wait to see what you have come up with to amaze us with.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Scott - A2A wrote: 07 Jul 2022, 12:07 ...

At the same time we actually have plans to bring the Comanche over to XPlane because that platform has been advancing so much.

Scott
Dear Scott,

I hope I am not alone in hoping that you and the team go down this road. I would love to see some of the A2A masterpieces doing their work in X-Plane 12... the T6 (Harvard), the Comanche, the Beechcraft V35, and definitely the Aerostar!

Cheers for the thoughts!

Andrew
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

Rob85
Airman Basic

Post by Rob85 »

Hello all, my first post here and just wanted to share some thoughts.

It's going to be interesting to see how this Comanche unfolds in MSFS. In my opinion, there are quite a few addons already for MSFS and a few out of those add-ons that are somewhat decent, nothing matches the quality that we get from A2A. It's the love for attention to detail in the flight model, the systems, performance specs, the sound recordings the 3d modeling art and textures and the little quirks of personalities that these aircraft have in real life, translated to the sim. Let's also not forget the presentation and manuals of their products as well, I have only seen delivered from A2A. Scott and the team really do a fantastic job. It's the feeling of growing a special bond and a story with the aircraft that makes me really motivated to learn how to virtually fly these aircraft the right way. Although, some add-ons try to introduce a maintenance options, or the claims tested by "real pilots" etc. There are limitations and limits to how far the modeling goes in MSFS with the current SDK. The flight models just are not quite there in the sim at the moment. Although I really do enjoy MSFS and use it alongside my other sims, it just doesn't have the seriousness that I get from A2A P3D and my X-Plane add-ons.

So once again, If A2A can pull this off with their custom flight modeling and accusim engine and keep it optimized enough and be prepared for the Asobo updates that generally has been known to break add-ons along the way, they will take MSFS to the next level. Then I would consider MSFS to be not only a beautiful sim, but a true study sim. It's like having your cake and your ice cream too. Hopefully be inspiration for other developers to take note.

Also wanted to say, the plans for X-Plane is just fantastic to hear! Like others here feel, This is super exciting news to hear and something I wouldn't of thought to see from A2A. Having A2A products in X-plane and MSFS, is just epic and much welcomed to see in the X-Plane world.
Great job on the Comanche pics in the thread. Whoever did the modeling and textures is doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work!

spacejunkee
Staff Sergeant

Post by spacejunkee »

Congratulations to the A2A team for this wonderful piece of art that we'll also one day get to fly. I'm beyond blown away at the details, not surprised just blown away! For all of us who are Comanche fans, we sure are the lucky ones.

When can we pre-order??? Take my money!
PC SPECS: Win 11 PRO | AOC 34" Ultra Wide Curved |
Intel 13700KF CPU | G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 6800 2x16GB 34-45-45-108 |
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4070 Ti OC | 2 x Samsung 980 PRO M.2 2TB Gen 4 X4

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Have been waiting seemingly forever for the Comanche. Am ready now to purchase.
Wonderful news.
Archive1

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Sorry about asking as I haven't been here for ages. I did do a search and couldn't find anything. Any idea when the Comanche will be released for MSFS? I'm so looking forward to it. I have all their planes in P3D but would love to see them in MSFS.

Are they only going to release the Comanche or the 182, Bo, and Cherokee as well?

Day one purchase in MSFS.

Thanks

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

B-17 Flier wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 08:38 Sorry about asking as I haven't been here for ages. I did do a search and couldn't find anything. Any idea when the Comanche will be released for MSFS? I'm so looking forward to it. I have all their planes in P3D but would love to see them in MSFS.

Are they only going to release the Comanche or the 182, Bo, and Cherokee as well?
No release date, I think the last communication or rather comments (probably in this thread somewhere) were the the Comanche was not yet in beta. Only my personal opinion (read nothing in to it) - I think we would be lucky to see a release in 2022, but suspect 2023 to be more likely. JUST my opinion.

No word on what may/will follow the Comanche for MSFS.

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”