P-51 for FS2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
KMRY56
Airman Basic

P-51 for FS2020

Post by KMRY56 »

Hello A2A,
Do you have any idea when your fighters like the P-51 will be available for FS2020.
How much longer do we have to wait, any ideas? Or should I just purchase the AH P-51?
Please advise.
Thank you,
Ed

maxonly
Airman First Class

Re: P-51 for FS2020

Post by maxonly »

The p-51 has not been confirmed for msfs2020. So if it will be released, it's not gonna be anytime soon.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

i think you can found answer close to true in the past. just look when was created models for fsx, then recreate for p3d and after this use some coefficient of p3d/fsx-msfs time to work at model.
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

KMRY56
Airman Basic

Post by KMRY56 »

That's too bad as other 3rd Party developers are getting them out, but I always thought A2A were the best, oh well.................

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

KMRY56 wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 23:51 That's too bad as other 3rd Party developers are getting them out, but I always thought A2A were the best, oh well.................
A2A is the best!...which is why they won't rush their offering(s) to market until they are completely satisfied that their standards are met. This, in spite of the legions of folks trying to pressure them, who have apparently and inexplicably dumped their A2A fleets in favor of a new pretty sim and half-fast addons for MSFS from other developers, just to turn around and be impatient about A2A's release timeline. This is the reason that I'll never be without P3D and A2A...and the reason that I'm patient. I'm quite happy with the look of v5.3 w/EA anyway.

If/when you want to fly a "real" Mustang, you fly A2A in P3D. I watched a good review on the AH Mustang by our buddy Dreamsofwings and think that if you're ok with a half-fast Mustang, you'll probably like the AH model. Personally, and aside from not being very happy with AH due a previous purchase for P3D, I love my Civ Mustang in P3D so much that I don't need a Mustang for MSFS.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No news or announcements on anything like that, if you browse the forums, facebook, twitter, website etc, youll see that our first MSFS release is to be the Comanche that has yet to reach Beta.

I look forward to seeing your post number 5 asking about more MSFS products outside of the single one we have confirmed as being actively worked on.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 08:53 If/when you want to fly a "real" Mustang
Download DCS World, totally for free, it comes with a Mustang. Better than any flightmodel P3D could ever offer. And certainly prettier than P3D.

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 16:48
I look forward to seeing your post number 5 asking about more MSFS products outside of the single one we have confirmed as being actively worked on.
Was this really necessary ? :/

People love the A2A products, you guys used to crank absolute masterpieces out every 6-12 months. You used to take us with you when you visited X or Y museum or did test flights for your next product, all wrapped in masterfully crafted educational videos driven by the soothing voice of Scott. People absolutely LOVED that.

The other markets (like the Air Force) may be more lucrative but it is not a reason to make fun of your "original" fans with such sarcasm.

R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Post by R-2800-59 »

[/quote]

Was this really necessary ? :/

People love the A2A products, you guys used to crank absolute masterpieces out every 6-12 months. You used to take us with you when you visited X or Y museum or did test flights for your next product, all wrapped in masterfully crafted educational videos driven by the soothing voice of Scott. People absolutely LOVED that.

The other markets (like the Air Force) may be more lucrative but it is not a reason to make fun of your "original" fans with such sarcasm.
[/quote]

I second that to be honest. This forum as well as the A2A Youtube Channel used to be my favorite place in the whole wide web. Just to get a glimpse of what you might be working on next made my day. The snippet of the Bonanza model at that Comanche presentation got me that way as well as the sneak peek on your Shooting Star, F-4 and F-104 endeavours. I never managed to get impatient on a level to post it here because I was introduced in your processes and was thankful on every update. Every release felt like Christmas and A2A planes are the only thing that still excite me after a while.
That is why, at least in my view, so many people around here get a little rough and straight forward with their requests and so on. We are thirsty and, in my case at least, disappointed by the little information we get because we got accustomed to a much more steady flow of exciting news and, as said before, gorgeous videos that I could still watch all day. Since the Bonanza release it all felt different and this place got a little empty and still is for quite a while now.

I get that this was a lot of work and in those uncertain times with all the changes and business opportunities for your company in the military and commercial market, sure that was not easy to continue. But this is what the whole fanbase was built on, delivering excelling quality and the customer's excitement to get a view under the hood sometimes in the process.

Thanks for being around, Lewis and the rest of the Staff. You could make our day simply by posting a blurry picture starring one of you at work with just a tiny part of the new project on the screen in front of you, barely recognizable, and a little teasing text below. Instead we are stuck with small hints and statements spread over multiple threads begging for news and those of us that don't regularly read through all of this really still wonder.

Thank you for all your efforts however, I don't want to appear unthankful. I had to write this down because I can't stand the growing tension between company and fanbase.

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

I maybe wrong but I understood MSFS2020 is a completely different development environment, compared to FSX or P3D. As much as A2A wishes to maintain the same level of realism, or even pushed it to another level, I guess it takes time to achieve. In the meantime, I clocked more hours to the Comanche and the Bonanza !

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

The last post by Scott (thank you Scott) makes it clear as water now, that you guys are working on the Commanche and some details are still being worked on.

But still I can understand that the line up might not be so clear to everybody. If you check the last update on the website page, you fill find renders of Aerostars everywhere. If you check the previous one, you will find a beautiful Textron/Beech AT-6 Texan II and some other jets. If you check youtube, it's also full of Aerostar content. Scroll the forums a little too deep you can find mentions of a new A2A framework for MSFS that would open the possibility to bring the whole line-up to the new sim and produce content more easily. And then some website got a sneak tease shot of the commmanche. Fans love A2A, and fans are really impatient to see what you guys have been up to, but if they find the information in the wrong order, then it might get confusing :mrgreen:

Anyways, cheers and hopefully no offense is being taken :D

Arman45
Airman

Post by Arman45 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 16:48 No news or announcements on anything like that, if you browse the forums, facebook, twitter, website etc, youll see that our first MSFS release is to be the Comanche that has yet to reach Beta.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Wow Lewis, I've never seen this kind of attitude from an A2A employee, ever. Totally unwarranted. If potential customers are annoying you (which they obviously are) by inquiring about the status of A2A product development, maybe it's time to just shut down the forum here altogether?

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

MarcE wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 20:00
Download DCS World, totally for free, it comes with a Mustang. Better than any flightmodel P3D could ever offer. And certainly prettier than P3D.
I picked up DCS and flew the “TF-51” that ain’t :roll: for about the same amount of time that I flew one of the Reno Race package’s addon P51s in MSFS…not quite a full circuit…the sound alone was so bad that I didn’t really get into flight model specifics. The Accu-Sim flight model replaces the P3D flight model and I do like to travel, rather than fly around the same territories shotting stuff up…how’s the DCS scenery for Western North America and Alaska? Thanks, but not interested and I’ll stick with the Mustang that’s approved by Dudley.
Lewis - A2A wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 16:48 No news or announcements on anything like that, if you browse the forums, facebook, twitter, website etc, youll see that our first MSFS release is to be the Comanche that has yet to reach Beta.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
So, you’re saying that the Lancaster’s out of the question then?? Hhmmmm…???? :wink: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Considering the roughly 400 or so posts/questions around here about the same thing from the impatient among us, I’m kinda’ surprised it took this long for you to answer yet another fffs question that way. I’m looking forward to more of those too. In the meantime, I’ll be just enjoying my A2A fleet and assuming that when you have news to share, you’ll just go ahead and do that...unless you might forget...??!!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Arman45 wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 10:58

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Wow Lewis, I've never seen this kind of attitude from an A2A employee, ever. Totally unwarranted. If potential customers are annoying you (which they obviously are) by inquiring about the status of A2A product development, maybe it's time to just shut down the forum here altogether?
So funny… :mrgreen: I’m afraid shutting down the forum is not an option. You joined today but « never saw this kind of bla bla bla… ». So funny, really.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 13:07
MarcE wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 20:00
I picked up DCS and flew the “TF-51” that ain’t :roll: for about the same amount of time that I flew one of the Reno Race package’s addon P51s in MSFS…not quite a full circuit…the sound alone was so bad that I didn’t really get into flight model specifics. The Accu-Sim flight model replaces the P3D flight model and I do like to travel, rather than fly around the same territories shotting stuff up…how’s the DCS scenery for Western North America and Alaska? Thanks, but not interested and I’ll stick with the Mustang that’s approved by Dudley.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
So, you’re saying that the Lancaster’s out of the question then?? Hhmmmm…???? :wink: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Considering the roughly 400 or so posts/questions around here about the same thing from the impatient among us, I’m kinda’ surprised it took this long for you to answer yet another fffs question that way. I’m looking forward to more of those too. In the meantime, I’ll be just enjoying my A2A fleet and assuming that when you have news to share, you’ll just go ahead and do that...unless you might forget...??!!

Cheers,
Rob
I only used the full module… I assumed that it would be the same without weapons… 😅 that one has also been „approved“ by P51 pilots.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”