First Screenshot of the A2A Comanche for MSFS in the new PC Pilot issue!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

First Screenshot of the A2A Comanche for MSFS in the new PC Pilot issue!

Post by Tim-HH »

Hi,

the new issue of PC Pilot features a short but interesting interview with Scott which mainly focuses on their contract work for the US Air Force and others. But nevertheless it includes a first picture of the Comanche for MSFS.

I'm most likely not allowed to upload the picture here. But maybe the A2A team is so kind to share it with the A2A community as well ;)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Re: First Screenshot of the A2A Comanche for MSFS in the new PC Pilot issue!

Post by GrahamP »

Thanks for the tip. Google "pc pilot a2a" finds the interview and pics.

Interesting to see this at the end: "Look out for part 2 of this interview in the next issue of PC Pilot, which will focus on A2A's current and future work within the hobby side of flight simulation."

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

NIce article and very nice picture of the Comanche.

I wonder if the Comanche utilize accu-sim v4 like the Aerostar was planned to use?

Apologies if this has been answered before.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

GrahamP wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 10:46 Thanks for the tip. Google "pc pilot a2a" finds the interview and pics.
Great find! :D

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Good find, thanks. Strangely, it says it's a Premium article, yet I was able to read it in full. Odd, but I'm grateful for that! :D

I subscribed to PC Pilot for the better part of the last 20 years, and have a huge pile of them. I stopped a couple of years back as I fell behind on reading them (I'm one of those people that reads a magazine cover-to-cover in order, like a novel :roll: ). I was also flying less as FSX became long in the tooth. MSFS arrived soon after - making most of the review content in my 18-month magazine backlog redundant - but I haven't picked it up again. YouTube reviews tend to serve as reviews these days, but I do miss the various series and tutorials they ran and I always enjoyed Chris's articles in particular.

Buffalo Alien
Airman

Post by Buffalo Alien »

ooh :shock:
P3Dv5, DCS World, ED Odyssey, MSFS PC & Xbox Series X. Win 11 23H2, ASRock B550AM, AMD Ryzen7 3700X 3.6 GHz, AMD Radeon RX5700, 64 GB DDR4 3000 MHz, ASUS TUF 23.8 x2, TM Hotas Warthog, TM TFRP, Xbox Elite Controller 2, TM TFlight Hotas One, MX Mech.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

An interesting read, but I'm more looking forward to the next article in two months time. Hopefully, we'll be flying the actual A2A Comanche before Christmas. Or is that the virtual A2A Comanche?? I'm confused.... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I just hope we don’t have to wait for the next issue of PC pilot to get more news about the Comanche.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

It would be nice to think that we were being kept informed of progress on the Comanche, and other aircraft, ahead of the readers of PC Pilot.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

clarkejw wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 17:18 It would be nice to think that we were being kept informed of progress on the Comanche, and other aircraft, ahead of the readers of PC Pilot.
Keep your shirt on down there mate. Go box a Kangaroo or something. Go make love to a Koala Bear or wrestle a Platypus will ya! It's coming !

Scott has posted several updates here on the forum and (before the PC Pilot interview) just last week I posted a status update on Comanche progress.
We want the Comanche to set THE standard for add on aircraft in FS2020. We're working on something entirely new before we release the plane.
I'll repeat again here what I posted last week. I'll be getting the flight model to test shortly and Scott and I along with the team will be tweaking it to get it just right for you.........SO.................go hug that Koala Bear and watch out for that left hook from the Kangaroo. The Comanche is coming soon !
Dudley Henriques

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 19:27
Keep your shirt on down there mate. Go box a Kangaroo or something. Go make love to a Koala Bear or wrestle a Platypus will ya! It's coming !

Wow Dudley! Stunned at the lack of cultural sensitivity....But fear not, some simple cultural tips...

1. Aussie men NEVER keep their shirts on. Even in darkest winter it is looked upon as unmannly. Temperatures never drop below
-14 Kelvin here anyway and so shirts are not really necessary. As an aside, to call someone a "big girl's blouse" is the most terrible insult of all as it implys that they are one of the weaker sex and need to put a shirt on.

2. Kangaroos are NEVER boxed anymore. It is now illegal. If you MUST ship your Kangaroo, he needs to be placed in a rectangular "bio crate" large enough to allow at least three jumps of its length and must be accompanied by either Gary Pankhurst or Liza Goddard. (both former actors now make their living this way)

3. One does not "make love" to a Koala. They are the "bad girls" of the Aussie bush and really only any good for a drunken quicky by the river. Any longer term relationship is illadvised because they are SO high maintenance that they make Amber Heard look like Mrs Cleaver. (Also as an aside, never mention Beavers to an Aussie as Leslie Nielsen is quite popular down here and it tends to encourage bragging at worst or nostalgia at best).

4. Wrestling Platypi is still acceptable in some areas but it is expensive and you have to be able to afford the bill.

Now I know the modern fashion is to add encouragement and alternatives to offset the confronting nature of a "correction" but you and I come from an older more "direct" age. And in any case, the vast majority of common Aussie admonitions AND encouragements are not merely against most language filter policies on most sites but can, more often than not, cause the whole forum to to shut down for several hours if typed into a post.

So, some food for thought. :D

Best regards

D2
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

Well Dudley,

Thank you for your sensitive reply. It may surprise you to know that I've never done, or contemplate engaging in any of the activities you suggest I do. My comment was merely one from someone who has supported A2A over many years, and paid quite a lot of money to do so. The fact that we are loyal to A2A, and are waiting for its first offering in nearly two years in (mostly) good humour, warrants, I would suggest something more than your brusque reply. Perhaps Scott has told us more than he did PC Pilot. All I said, (politely I thought) that I'd hope we'd be informed first.
Anyway, I'll go and dive into a billabong.

Hooroo

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

clarkejw wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 21:50 Well Dudley,

Thank you for your sensitive reply. It may surprise you to know that I've never done, or contemplate engaging in any of the activities you suggest I do. My comment was merely one from someone who has supported A2A over many years, and paid quite a lot of money to do so. The fact that we are loyal to A2A, and are waiting for its first offering in nearly two years in (mostly) good humour, warrants, I would suggest something more than your brusque reply. Perhaps Scott has told us more than he did PC Pilot. All I said, (politely I thought) that I'd hope we'd be informed first.
Anyway, I'll go and dive into a billabong.

Hooroo
Actually I was trying to be "light" with the post. Apparently that failed. I'll put it more simply here.
You said "It would have been nice had we notified the forum before you read it in PC Pilot.
The fact is we DID notify the forum before you heard it on PC Pilot. We told the "Pilot" nothing we haven't already mentioned here on the forum. We have done our best to keep everyone informed. Apparently we could have done a better job. Sorry if I offended you.
DH

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

Actually, I said, "It would be nice to think that we were being kept informed of progress on the Comanche, and other aircraft, ahead of the readers of PC Pilot." At no time did I suggest that we had not been notified ahead of them. In any case, Dudley, I hold you and the rest of the team in too high regard for there to be bad blood.

John

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

clarkejw wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 22:32 Actually, I said, "It would be nice to think that we were being kept informed of progress on the Comanche, and other aircraft, ahead of the readers of PC Pilot." At no time did I suggest that we had not been notified ahead of them.
John
If you read what you have written above carefully you might discover that the two statements add up to exactly the same thing.
"It would be nice to think that we were being kept informed of progress on the Comanche and other aircraft ahead of the readers of PC Pilot" DIRECTLY infers that you had NOT been notified, which of course you were.
It's simply a matter of interpretation. No big thing really. I just want to make it clear that you WERE notified ahead of PC PILOT.
I can see we are simply not on the same page with this. No hard feelings. Let's drop it.
DH

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”