A2A + RXP + P3Dv5

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

A2A + RXP + P3Dv5

Post by Ron Attwood »

Is there any chance that RXP's GTN750/650 will be properly incorporated into the Comanche, Cherokee and C182? True, I have been able to manhandle them in but they are glitchy as hell! DTO and Home buttons don't work and the various 'fixes' don't change anything (for me anyway) Reloading a scenario switches them off never to return until a sim restart.

Please don't, although meant kindly, point me to any AVSIM thread, I've read them all till my eyes bled! :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A + RXP + P3Dv5

Post by twsharp12 »

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

How did I not see this? Many thanks.
Seriously, how hard can it be? They've done it for the Bonanza and C172. What happened, they got bored? I'm not one to bad mouth A2A but this just doesn't seem like them.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry no plans to retro fit this stuff into the older products. GPS management in P3D with third party GPS programs that (as in this case) can change with updates was the bain of some of our teams lives. One step forward, 25 back kinda situation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Ron Attwood wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 07:52 Is there any chance that RXP's GTN750/650 will be properly incorporated into the Comanche, Cherokee and C182? True, I have been able to manhandle them in but they are glitchy as hell! DTO and Home buttons don't work and the various 'fixes' don't change anything (for me anyway) Reloading a scenario switches them off never to return until a sim restart.

Please don't, although meant kindly, point me to any AVSIM thread, I've read them all till my eyes bled! :D

I had GTN750 working fine in the Commanche in FSX. RXP. Iiked it because I use two mouses. A left one for switches left of the yoke and a right hand for right of the yoke. GTN easier to work with my left middle finger than the GNS knobs.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

There is a way. (Hmm. Reminds me of a video about F-105s going downtown...)

Do a search on the A2A Forums for "RXP GTN." Go back a few pages. This problem has been solved, mostly. I have RXP 650 or 750 installed in all my A2A aircraft except for the Spitfire and the P-40, and in my MJ C-47. The RXP GTN 750 in my C-47 and B-17 only functions in 2D pop-up mode, but that's fine. The only anomaly in all my A2A aircraft other than the Bonanza is that I have to click twice on the buttons to get them to work, but that's not a problem.

Here is the start of the rabbit hole: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73026&p=556492&hil ... TN#p556492.

Question: What's the name of the A2A Mil P-51 with the green trim? You get the idea.

Seeya
ATB

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

If the F1 device cann be installed the RXP can use this bezel and can be installed instead of the F1. But inform yourself before you purchase the RXP... it comes with STONE old database. I was dumb enough to purchase the 530/430 when P3Dv5 came out and hardly could use it thanks to this old database.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”