I would like to know how the FirePower addon for CFS3 is installed before I purchase it.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
LonksAwakening
Airman Basic

I would like to know how the FirePower addon for CFS3 is installed before I purchase it.

Post by LonksAwakening »

I would like to purchase the FirePower addon for CFS 3, however, before I purchase it, I would like to know how it will be given to me, as I need to know if it is a CD-ROM that will get shipped to me, or if it is a digital download containing anti piracy measures.

I swear I am not going to upload it anywhere, it’s just that basically all of the things requiring key files and/or online activation has never worked for me in the past, because Windows XP and Vista (my computer is too underpowered for any newer OS) are unable to visit the activation servers, because of SSL problems.

How will this product get shipped to me, and what steps are necessary to install and if necessary, activate this product? :D

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: I would like to know how the FirePower addon for CFS3 is installed before I purchase it.

Post by Skycat »

It's a digital download. I do not know if it is password/encryption key protected but I doubt it is. My experience with A2A's FSX and P3D expansions is when you download the executable installers they are immediately ready for use.

Do you have a copy of CFS3 up and running? Remember, FirePower is an expansion not a stand-alone product.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: I would like to know how the FirePower addon for CFS3 is installed before I purchase it.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the Firepower software is a digital download it will require an internet connection to download the software and update. From a tech pov I would highly recommend not being online on an old XP system it is extremely venerable to attack and hasn't been officially support for quite some time now.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”