Honeycomb Bravo Instruments

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Honeycomb Bravo Instruments

Post by GaryRR »

So, I am trying to configure my A2A setup with controls to eventually get me totally off of a mouse. I have my CH Quadrant mounted to the left of my yoke and the Bonanza AP configured on those switches and the two on my yoke and battery master and mag Inc and mag Dec. The Axis are activated only for warbirds. I have my tablet running FSRadio Panel on the keyboard tray for lights control and HSI Course and Heading bug. Tough on a touch screen. I have a generic push pull TPM with a trim wheel and flap control to the right of my yoke and my Honeycomb bravo is under mounted beneath my desk. My question is would I be able to adjust my course deflection and heading on the panel using the AP panel selector dial and adjustment know? I really don't want to touch or mouse anymore. I'm tempted to get a Saitek multi instrument. Anyone have any input???
Thanks.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Re: Honeycomb Bravo Instruments

Post by twsharp12 »

Yes you can do that. I'd advise you to download the A2A bonanza profile from aerosoft and tweak them from there.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/f ... -quadrant/

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I have my whole setup working now bit I suspect my FSRadio Panel Tablet app is causing conflicts between Garmin GTN trainer and atioglxx.dll driver in system 32. I will test it with just Autopilot mappings and mousing for the switches. I have a 60 dollar bid in Ebay for a pre-owned Saitek Switch Panel. Anyone use the control successfully in P3D? Thanks

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I have my whole setup working now bit I suspect my FSRadio Panel Tablet app is causing conflicts between Garmin GTN trainer and atioglxx.dll driver in system 32. CTD 10 minutes into flight preceeded by auto pilot altitude prourposing. Happened before last year.. I will test it with just Autopilot mappings and mousing for the switches. I have a 60 dollar bid in Ebay for a pre-owned Saitek Switch Panel. Anyone use the control successfully in P3D? Thanks

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

GaryRR wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 20:38 I have my whole setup working now bit I suspect my FSRadio Panel Tablet app is causing conflicts between Garmin GTN trainer and atioglxx.dll driver in system 32. I will test it with just Autopilot mappings and mousing for the switches. I have a 60 dollar bid in Ebay for a pre-owned Saitek Switch Panel. Anyone use the control successfully in P3D? Thanks
Before I made the jump to MSFS I used the Saitek Switch panel in P3D. You need to get one of the 3rd party interface softwares however. I used SPAD.neXt and works very well. You do have to pay for it but it is well worth it to get the panels working. I believe they will also be getting the panels to work in MSFS as well, so if you ever make that jump you'll be all set. I also use the Switch Panel in DCS.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 04 Jun 2022, 11:33
GaryRR wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 20:38 I have my whole setup working now bit I suspect my FSRadio Panel Tablet app is causing conflicts between Garmin GTN trainer and atioglxx.dll driver in system 32. I will test it with just Autopilot mappings and mousing for the switches. I have a 60 dollar bid in Ebay for a pre-owned Saitek Switch Panel. Anyone use the control successfully in P3D? Thanks
Before I made the jump to MSFS I used the Saitek Switch panel in P3D. You need to get one of the 3rd party interface softwares however. I used SPAD.neXt and works very well. You do have to pay for it but it is well worth it to get the panels working. I believe they will also be getting the panels to work in MSFS as well, so if you ever make that jump you'll be all set. I also use the Switch Panel in DCS.
So, without the third party drivers windows 10 will not recognize it as a controller? And windows 10 will not find a driver in auto search?

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

They will be detected as buttons but that's all. The other panels that have the LEDs in them, such as the Radio Panel and the Auto Pilot Panel, the LEDs will not function. Also you can set up custom events through SPAD.neXt, and custom profiles for each button. I got the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle quadrant and that made the Switch and Autopilot Panels redundant for me. So I use them for misc switches, but after I went to MSFS I only use them in DCS which again is a great thing to have SPAD.neXt for.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I'm considering the Alpha yoke. One thing I like to do is have my controls ergonomically left/right correct for the AC I'm flying. That's why my CH Throttle quadrant is left side of my yoke. I have the BO's autopilot mapped to those switches and on the keyboard tray beneath is my tablet running FSRadiopanel app for the light switches. Until I get a hardware switch panel. That CH throttle gets used as a throttle if I fly a warlord. On the left. I like flying a variety of different planes so I try to keep my control setup universal and flexible and still have them close to correct cockpit location. I know, I'm geeking out on this a bit.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

GaryRR wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 21:25 I'm considering the Alpha yoke. One thing I like to do is have my controls ergonomically left/right correct for the AC I'm flying. That's why my CH Throttle quadrant is left side of my yoke. I have the BO's autopilot mapped to those switches and on the keyboard tray beneath is my tablet running FSRadiopanel app for the light switches. Until I get a hardware switch panel. That CH throttle gets used as a throttle if I fly a warlord. On the left. I like flying a variety of different planes so I try to keep my control setup universal and flexible and still have them close to correct cockpit location. I know, I'm geeking out on this a bit.
I love my Alpha Yoke, though I do not know what you are meaning by having the throttle to the left. I mean for fighters that makes since but for GA aircraft the TPM is located just a little left of center of the panel to allow the plane to be flown from both front seats. I use the Bravo to the right of my yoke when flying GA and heavies, and I built my own center pedestal that I mounted by Saitek X56 Throttle into for fighters and helicopters with the X56 stick between my legs so I can rest my forearm on my leg when I fly.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”