The Comanche is going to be wonderful

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

The Comanche is going to be wonderful

Post by Scott - A2A »

I know we've been ultra quiet and we are getting so close to unveiling the new Accu-Sim Comanche. We thought we'd have a development video out by now but decided to take another deep dive and I think everyone will be happy we did. The downside is this last feature is adding 4-6 weeks to the development timeline, but what we are doing now is something I've always dreamed of doing on several levels. And it's slowly becoming a reality on our dev machines.

Like every Accu-Sim airplane we've done in the past we try to stay focused on making aircraft that we want and trust that translates into what others want as well. So far, historically it seems what excites us also excites the community. Still, every time we go down a new path there is always a bit of apprehension but perhaps this is what keeps people on their toes (as we see other developers putting out products while we continue to quietly build ours). But we are inspired daily with what we are seeing now in MSFS. Also something we're looking forward to having is platform independence. If MSFS changes things on their end or new simulators want a Comanche, we can more easily make fixes or updates happen without having to go through the long and arduous process of deep systems and physics development.

But what I really just wanted to say that we dearly miss interacting with everyone here on a new product. Release day is the most exciting day for us. It's the sharing of our work with others that fills our cup.

Thank you everyone for your patients. I hope the wait is worth it for everyone.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Re: The Comanche is going to be wonderful

Post by Bones »

Thanks, Scott! I'm still patiently holding my money only for A2A. I look at other products, but won't buy them because I know what's on the horizon.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

This is excellent news, Scott!

I hope you don't feel rushed to make compromises because others are quicker to pump out products into MSFS. The reason I am simming is because of A2A, being the one very different company, that slowly oozed out perfection.

I trust you to take your time to make it the best it can be, and likely ever so slightly better than that. 11/10 is the bar you've set. :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Scott and Erik

abso-bloomin-lutely

"On your marks ........ Set ......... "

I'm holding short and lookin' forward to the trip with this fabulous bird.

Many, many thanks for your posts.

Rod EGBB (tomorrow's last day of English football league, more importantly roast chicken Sunday dinner, sage thyme and onion stuffin', cranberry sauce, crispy roasters peppered 'n rosemary'd 'n fried in butter and olive oil, greens and root veg, awash with homemade gravy (onion, pepper 'n ginger 'n cumin, herbs, carrot and green veg off-cuts, soy sauce, "ketchup"!, cornflour to thicken). Can Aston Villa please please please beat Manchester City! Flaps set ...... Comanche flies)

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

The update is much appreciated, thanks. When new ideas become possible, it must be hard to decide the cut-off point for development. I've no doubt the wait will be worthwhile, though the lack of info can be understandably frustrating for all.

Recent releases or up-and-coming products from others show a lot of fresh ideas and novel features, from visual dirt, to ownership/rental options, to temperature-dependent tyre pressures with risk of blowing and more. I didn't buy any, but I'm sorely tempted! While I'm not such a stickler for absolutely accurate numbers on the flight models, I do love all of the 'immersion' features which A2A pioneered and expand upon. They really bring the sim to life and I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! :D

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Excellent news. I’ve pretty much limited myself to the 152 for GA in the sim, but it’s a bit on the slow side. A Comanche will fix that problem. :D
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Great news, and thanks very much for the update. I guess the time to get really excited is when that development video comes out. BTW, I still love watching the release video of the original Comanche launch as it's still my favourite GA bird!! :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

vgbaron
Airman First Class

Post by vgbaron »

That is great news Scott. Having A2A bring their expertise to MSFS is added icing on the cake.

Take as long as you need, yoour customer base is going nowhere.

Vic

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Thanks for the insight!

I've been partaking in a few of the lovely existing general aviation addons in MSFS. However I am very excited for the PA24 in MSFS!

Please consider accommodating the TDS GTN 750Xi in your cockpit:

https://tdssim.com/gtnxivcintegration

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Haha, it fills not only the cup :lol: :lol:

Can't wait, there are many great addons and even mods to default aircraft but nothing gets close to A2A and Accusim. =)

Buffalo Alien
Airman

Post by Buffalo Alien »

This is very exciting and I'm sure it is worth the wait.
P3Dv5, DCS World, ED Odyssey, MSFS PC & Xbox Series X. Win 11 23H2, ASRock B550AM, AMD Ryzen7 3700X 3.6 GHz, AMD Radeon RX5700, 64 GB DDR4 3000 MHz, ASUS TUF 23.8 x2, TM Hotas Warthog, TM TFRP, Xbox Elite Controller 2, TM TFlight Hotas One, MX Mech.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Fantastic news!!!

Love to hear this from you Scott. I was banking on A2A being ready quite soon now, glad to hear things are in a good place and the community will be backing you and the team 100% I know it!

Regards,
-Peter
ImageImage

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Alumni

I’ll reserve judgment until I see the release. We already have a perfect Comanche in P3D. Without any information it’s hard to evaluate if it will be worth the hassle to buy and install a new sim just to fly the same aircraft. It’s already perfect so I don’t see what they can add to convince folk to buy it again. I’m absolutely certain in will be an excellent release but how can you improve on what is already the best GA range of aircraft there is.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

LuigiDelussu
Airman Basic

Post by LuigiDelussu »

Great to hear.
I just switched to msfs so an A2A addon is the thing I miss more.
Can’t wait to grab it

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

ianfisher 101 wrote: 23 May 2022, 09:12 Alumni

I’ll reserve judgment until I see the release. We already have a perfect Comanche in P3D. Without any information it’s hard to evaluate if it will be worth the hassle to buy and install a new sim just to fly the same aircraft. It’s already perfect so I don’t see what they can add to convince folk to buy it again. I’m absolutely certain in will be an excellent release but how can you improve on what is already the best GA range of aircraft there is.
There has already been a big step from the Comanche to the Bonanza in P3d, so there is nothing that makes me doubt that there isn‘t another huge improvement after 4 years, all above with all the new possibilities that MSFS offers.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”