Customers eh?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Customers eh?

Post by Ron Attwood »

An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in New York for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. For all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you.

A crowded United Airlines flight was cancelled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers.

Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO

DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14".

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically,

the man glared at the United Airlines agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

She had to be a New Yorker born 'n' bred. :D

Cheers Phil. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Re: Customers eh?

Post by Les Parson »

As a former Continental /United employee for nearly three decades, I can tell you without hesitation that Gate Agent is the toughest job in the airlines.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Good one Ron. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Junkman00
Airman

Post by Junkman00 »

Ron, so happy to have a cheers at the end. You always tell a joke better that the author. or something like that.
Junkman00

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Kodiak73
Airman First Class

Post by Kodiak73 »

Great story Ron, trouble is nowadays it could happen so easily. This forum is so hilarious, I love it !! :D
Dave S
Remember ... its better to break ground and fly into the wind than to break wind and fly into the ground !!
ImageImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”