Comanche and Fs2020. What new features would you like to see?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
alioth
Senior Airman

Comanche and Fs2020. What new features would you like to see?

Post by alioth »

While we are waiting for the Comanche.. What features would you like/hope to see in MSFS comanche?

Here are my toughts:

- TDS GTN750 compatibility. It seems to be the new "rxp gtn750 like" standard in fs2020 (10/10 important)
https://tdssim.com/tdsgtnxi

- A warning panel with VAC, ALT, OIL. Something like this. (8/10)

- individual accusim EGT/CHT per cylinder. In this way, cockpit builders can make accurate Engine Monitors. Or even default comanche could have something like the edm700 (7/10)

- I would prefer an electric HSI with slaving switch indicator. (6/10)

- Tear and wear gauges, like the Bonanza (6/10).

- A more modern panel layout. I have mixed thoughts about this. I think the actual layout has much more personality, but I think the Comanche could sell more copies with a modern layout. (5/10)

- Electric elevator trim and an s-tec alt/vs/gs selector. (4/10).

But I really don't need anything. I would like as it is in p3d too.
Thanks.
Arturo.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Re: Comanche and Fs2020. What new features would you like to see?

Post by Bones »

I prefer the old panel, maybe pop something in to fill the empty gauge slot. Those always drive me crazy! I would like to see the exterior lighting upgraded to those like the default MSFS style. I'm hoping they stick with the animated pilot/passengers rather than use the MSFS offerings. And yes, I'd love the living/breathing gauges like we had in the Bonanza.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

i'd like to see a Wurlitzer juke box in it. One with all the good ol' Rock 'n' Roll stuff. 👍
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Wurlitzer? Bah! Rock-Ola all the way!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott did say he wanted to make the MSFS rendition of the Comanche better than the previous offerings, so I'm looking forward to that. It would be great to see wear and tear on the gauges, and tapping them, like the Bonanza. One thing I did notice during an Aerostar video was an engine monitor now fitted to his plane, so I think that would be a great upgrade too. Other than that, I would not want to see too many changes/additions to what is my favourite GA plane, and that includes the dash layout. It's period, so I hope it gets left that way

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ron Attwood wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 14:39 i'd like to see a Wurlitzer juke box in it. One with all the good ol' Rock 'n' Roll stuff. 👍
🤣🤣🤣
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Manu F-JOHI
Airman First Class

Post by Manu F-JOHI »

Hello,

I'd love to see more animations inside the cockpit, like stuff moving with gravity, engine vibrations on sunshield, glass, etc! I've recently got the Airfoillabs C172 NG for Xplane, and this aircraft is offering this kind of immersion, you can also see those animations in the DCS Apache, I think it's really something that makes you feel the aircraft moves, wich is very important for a simulation.
For the rest, I think A2A is already top notch for the flight model and model depiction, sounds, etc, I guess we will have all that in a better version!

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

I can't think of anything meaningful or useful that wasn't already listed above, so I'll go with some less practical and likely impossible features as they might need core sim changes to support.

Tyres that show visible wear with time, bugs building up on the windscreen and leading edges, smears and stains that develop with time, chips on the propeller (higher chance to happen when operating from unpaved strips) ... you know, all the little details that you might happen to see as a real aircraft owner. Unlikely to happen, not very important, but I couldn't think of anything else :wink:

Well, I'd be glad to see further development in the maintenance/failure simulation, with more details and things to go wrong... and more points to physically check on the aircraft (instead of 2D images perhaps). That would really help to connect the user to the aircraft, I think. A full walkaround in 3D.

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Dirt build-up? Accelerated wear for those of us who don't get to fly so much.

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

A Comanche would be nice for a start.

I01
Staff Sergeant

Post by I01 »

Yeh, as above, just the Comanche would be a good start.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

With due respect for the vintage/purist thing, an upgraded panel and avionics please and thank you.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

I have hardly flow the Bonanza and only put about 12 hours on it since I got it soon after release, but I would like to see the cockpit features in the MSFS version of the Comanche, personally I think that’s almost a given that it will become pretty much a default accusim feature.

Improvements…
Perhaps a bit of a revamp of the hanger with possibly an even wider range of components that will exhibit wear and tear that will impact performance and reliability to the point where each one could fail or wear out.
Likewise, pretty much 100% persistent state saving, so even if you left a door open or sunvisor down it would be that way when you returned, more importantly though the position of switches and instruments settings.
Much better contrast in the colours used for the accusim pop-up windows like the checklist or map. In VR these are pretty unusable mostly. On a similar note a way to complete the walk around whilst in VR.

New stuff…
Some level of earning virtual money for flight times, ideally linked to how many passengers or luggage/cargo is loaded during a flight. With the virtual money being needed to carry out repairs and maintenance in the hanger.

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 10:59 With due respect for the vintage/purist thing, an upgraded panel and avionics please and thank you.

Cheers,
Rob
I generally prefer steam gauges and using VOR/ADF/DME for navigation. However, I have become perhaps a little more lazy in MSFS and use the GPS more frequently, but that also have a lot to do with flying exclusively in VR these days where it’s simply not very convenient to find frequencies for retuning to different beacons.

So really I think a slightly wider choice of cockpit equipment would be pretty cool to have. E.g. 100% steam gauges, GPS options, perhaps even other options/alternative instruments that can be changed over or upgraded using virtual currency, like I said in another pose, earned by simply spending time flying.

firebird313
Airman Basic

Post by firebird313 »

Honestly, I would like to see some customization options in the cockpit. Perhaps changing radio stack type (original Narco or Bendix-King stacks) and a choice of autopilot at the least. Personally, if I had to make one change to my old FSX Comanche, I would swap in an S-Tec System 62 autopilot, which might help a little better in the IMC situations I often fly in. I have flown enough to have gotten into a number of very sketchy flying situations with my Comanche. Having a glide slope autopilot would have been a nice little insurance policy. Still, I personally favor steam gauges over glass cockpits; FS2020 has enough of those.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”