Flaps remain down

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
vtracy
Senior Airman

Flaps remain down

Post by vtracy »

Hi all,
I have a problem that puzzles me:
Whatever aircraft I load, at whichever scenery, the flaps go fully down as soon as the aircraft is loaded.
The flaps do not budge when I use external flaps lever. When I use the virtual lever (=in the sim) I can reract the flaps, but as soon as I release the lever, the flaps go down again! The same with PF5/6 or 7.
I have de-assigned the external devices that could influence the flaps: Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant. I have unplugged the USB plug and replugged them. No use.
I installed Prepar3Dv5.3HF 1 (the latest one) keeping the settings and sceneries (ORBX).
No change in the behaviour.

I must emphasize that this behaviour is not restricted to A2A aircraft. I am just desperate enough to ask around for help.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I should be grateful.
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Re: Flaps remain down

Post by ClipperLuna »

Ugh, that sounds like an awful problem. Did you try resetting all the key assignments (all the keyboard and mouse ones, not just external devices)? Maybe as a quick test you could un-plug your keyboard, move the lever with the mouse, and see what happens.

Ryan

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

It sounds like a switch continuously sending a flaps command. I see that you've tried de-assigning the Honeycombe controllers. Have you tried leaving them disconnected (unplugged)?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you are comfortable you could nuke your cfg files for P3D and let it regen them or do it in a similar fashion using FSUIPC to nuke all the mappings in the sim just to make sure they are all gone.

As others say it just sounds like something in your sim is telling it flaps down and repeating the command. You mention USB did you try loading the sim with nothing plugged but the keyboard and mouse?

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

It could also be that your F8 key is stuck. I believe there is nothing in windows assigned to it so you wouldn‘t notice.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Go to the screen in the sim that is used to assign functions to the keyboard, mouse, and control devices. Go to the drop down menu at the top and click on everyone of the various devices. Check to see if any one of them has a command set up for flaps down. My experience in p3d is that on rare occasions the controls set up will glitch into false command setups.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Go to the screen in the sim that is used to assign functions to the keyboard, mouse, and control devices. Go to the drop down menu at the top and click on everyone of the various devices. Check to see if any one of them has a command set up for flaps down. My experience in p3d is that on rare occasions the controls set up will glitch into false command setups.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”