Saitek Flight Sim Yoke last flight??

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cessna lover

Saitek Flight Sim Yoke last flight??

Post by cessna lover »

i just got done with 2 flights. and during the second flight my yoke system started flashing and shut down and i was getting the windows usb disconnect sound about 4 times. then the yoke came back on and let me get my flight done. but now when i go to the calibration page it don't move at all. the clock is at all zero's but nothings working no switches on the yoke or any thing. i think it's about 6+ years old. so does this mean that's it's last flight? cause i even tried a different usb port and got bubkus :(

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Re: Saitek Flight Sim Yoke last flight??

Post by ImpendingJoker »

I had the same issue with my CH Throttle Quadrant. I plugged it in and the calibration tool showed the sliders going haywire. I opened it up, and saw some corrosion on the pots, and living in Florida this is something that can be an issue, so I pulled all the parts that I could salvage off it, and consigned it to the refuse bin to meet its maker. I have replaced both my CH Yoke and CH TQ with Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle, and have not looked back.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

well mine was 5 years old. so rather then rip my hair out trying to fix it i tossed it and have a new one coming soon. no virtual flying stinks :( i like burning virtual avgas

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

another thing that was wrong with my old yoke was the ps2 plug for the throttle was all messed up any way. and would mess up flying any way. but i used to unplug and replug it gazillion times for another simulator i used to have. so that probably did not help it any and then being 5 years old it was just plum wore out. 5 years is a lot of virtual flying hours.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”