Re-installing A2A aircraft after P3D update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Bixby
Airman First Class

Re-installing A2A aircraft after P3D update

Post by Bixby »

I just uninstalled P3Dv5.2 and installed v5.3 as per instructions from Lockheed Martin.

Question: Do I need to re-download my A2A aircraft from my store account or can I just use the zip files in my downloads folders on my pc that I put in v5.2 earlier?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Re-installing A2A aircraft after P3D update

Post by Skycat »

You can use your current zips. The installer will look for updates during the install process anyhow.

If you install (or have installed) to a separate library instead of the main sim, your aircraft remain in place when you do the P3D updates. Same goes for other addons like ORBX and Active Sky.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

When I updated from P3D 5.1 Hf1 to 5.3 all of my addon aircraft and sceneries were present and in working order. It was the same when I updated 5.3 to the Hf1 and hotfix update. As long as you have installed 5.3 in the exact location as your previous version of P3D 5 you should be okay. No need to reinstall any of your addons as previously noted, aircraft (including you A2A addons) and Orbx sceneries. In fact I just finished a night flight with the A2A Comanche.

Ray

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Prior to the 5.3 update I recently moved my A2A fleet onto a separate hard drive, away from the default in 'My Documents'. So after a full install of 5.3, I had to manually add an entry for this location in the add-ons.cfg file located in... C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

I have lately come to prefer this method over using Symbolic Links. (Nick will get what I mean. :wink: )

Steve.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”