Realsimgear GNS430 and A2A C-172

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DDub
Airman Basic

Realsimgear GNS430 and A2A C-172

Post by DDub »

I have the Realsimgear GNS 430 hardware and realityxp software and am running Prepar3d v5.3. I’m also using the A2A C-172.
The panel NAV/GPS will not switch to GPS because the GPS in the aircraft setup is off. So the realsimgear gps wont control the NAV1 head. If I add the panel GPS it will control the NAV1 head ok, but the Realsimgear window goes dark. The knobs and buttons on the Realsimgear hardware seem to work, but it’s not a good solution.
I know you can’t troubleshoot Realsimgear’s stuff but I thought this might have come up before. Any ideas for things to try would be appreciated.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Re: Realsimgear GNS430 and A2A C-172

Post by Les Parson »

I operate the Bonanza with Realsimgear GNS430 in P3Dv5.3. Realsimgear support was great in getting me setup:

https://help.realsimgear.com/en/

You can use the chat function in the lower right to describe your issue. However, I think you'll have to wait until Monday Pacific business hours.

DDub
Airman Basic

Post by DDub »

Thanks for the info. I did communicate with Realsimgear. They sent me to A2A. I might try a reinstall with the installers you referenced. Just curios, are you able to switch between NAV data and GPS going to the panel CDI instrument? Again, thanks for the inputs.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Since installing RSG, I never tried changing GPS/NAV CDI from the panel. I will try it and let you know.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Les Parson wrote: 08 Jan 2022, 00:10 Since installing RSG, I never tried changing GPS/NAV CDI from the panel. I will try it and let you know.
No problem changing GPS/NAV CDI from the panel. If it's not working for you, I suggest re-setting connectivity by top menu: Add-ons--> RealSimGear Device Interface.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”