Thank you A2A!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Thank you A2A!

Post by Paughco »

A2A: I just want to thank you guys for giving us all these remarkable aircraft. I've got the J-3, Cessna 182, Comanche, Bonanza, T-6, P-40, P-51, B-17 and Constellation. All of 'em are great. Combined with my favorite airports in ORBX and pretty real weather via Active Sky, I'm very happy.

Most recent flight was in my B-17, IFR from Fairchild AFB to Boeing Field. I hadn't flown the Fort in a while, so I really had to get into that checklist, but at least there were no major screwups. We cruised at 18,500, then were vectored for an ILS approach into Rwy 32L. Needed a pretty high rate of descent to get established on the ILS, but it worked out. Plus, I managed to grease it in. Felt really good.

Earlier in the week I flew my Cessna 182 out of Milford Sound (NZMF) up to this little strip at Quintin Lodge (T004). There was a 24 knot crosswind at Milford, and a pretty health tailwind on the one-way approach to Quintin. Serious white knuckle. I tried to get into Quintin about five times, I'd drag it over the trees on the ridge into that little valley, then drop the nose to get low enough to line up with the runway. With the flaps down the power at idle, she still picked up too much speed to get down anywhere near the beginning of the runway. Tried it the next day with no wind, with much better results. Maybe I'll try that one with the T-6 next.

Those are just two of my recent adventures. Many more have been had, many more are ahead. That's when I fly by myself. Flying with the A2A Misfit Squadron adds a whole 'nother dimension to my flying. What a hoot! Yesterday I led a bunch of the guys on our fifth segment of our flight down Route 66. Tomorrow Ratty will lead us on a warbird flight in India. Guess I'll fly my P-40 on that one.

Well, I do have one little gripe. Actually, it's more of an ask: when are you gonna release that B-25 Mitchell?

Thank you, guys. Keep doin' what you're doin'. I hope you're having as much fun as I am.

Seeya
ATB

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Re: Thank you A2A!

Post by GaryRR »

Paughco wrote: 01 Jan 2022, 22:12 A2A: I just want to thank you guys for giving us all these remarkable aircraft. I've got the J-3, Cessna 182, Comanche, Bonanza, T-6, P-40, P-51, B-17 and Constellation. All of 'em are great. Combined with my favorite airports in ORBX and pretty real weather via Active Sky, I'm very happy.

Most recent flight was in my B-17, IFR from Fairchild AFB to Boeing Field. I hadn't flown the Fort in a while, so I really had to get into that checklist, but at least there were no major screwups. We cruised at 18,500, then were vectored for an ILS approach into Rwy 32L. Needed a pretty high rate of descent to get established on the ILS, but it worked out. Plus, I managed to grease it in. Felt really good.

Earlier in the week I flew my Cessna 182 out of Milford Sound (NZMF) up to this little strip at Quintin Lodge (T004). There was a 24 knot crosswind at Milford, and a pretty health tailwind on the one-way approach to Quintin. Serious white knuckle. I tried to get into Quintin about five times, I'd drag it over the trees on the ridge into that little valley, then drop the nose to get low enough to line up with the runway. With the flaps down the power at idle, she still picked up too much speed to get down anywhere near the beginning of the runway. Tried it the next day with no wind, with much better results. Maybe I'll try that one with the T-6 next.

Those are just two of my recent adventures. Many more have been had, many more are ahead. That's when I fly by myself. Flying with the A2A Misfit Squadron adds a whole 'nother dimension to my flying. What a hoot! Yesterday I led a bunch of the guys on our fifth segment of our flight down Route 66. Tomorrow Ratty will lead us on a warbird flight in India. Guess I'll fly my P-40 on that one.

Well, I do have one little gripe. Actually, it's more of an ask: when are you gonna release that B-25 Mitchell?

Thank you, guys. Keep doin' what you're doin'. I hope you're having as much fun as I am.

Seeya
ATB
I envy you. The weather here over the Susquehanna Valley in PA has just been so abdominal I haven't had opportunity to get off the ground this weekend and my job doesn't leave me time or energy Monday to Friday.
Plus one on the B-25. Would also love to see with it a highly detailed Yorktown Class carrier, a few highly detailed cruisers and destroyers from the 1942, an AI version of the B-25, 1942 era Japan scenery, and a canned adventure placing pilot and the whole package 800 miles east of Japan and you know the rest. What do you think? Can A2A do that?

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Nice post Paughco!!

In 2019 my interest in flight simming was in the dumper and waning badly...then I found the A2A T-6!! That purchase was followed closely by the Civ Mustang and that's been my clear favorite ever since :mrgreen:

In addition to the NA pair, I've got the J-3, 182, Comanche, Bonanza & Spitfire as well and every one is special in its own way! Since almost giving up simming in 2019 I've logged 1110 hours in A2A airplanes with a huge grin on my face most of that time!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I flew the A2A C172 for the first time yesterday. My hop was a spontaneous flight from Edwards AFB to Las Vegas, NV in P3D. The default C172 in FSX and even Microsoft Scenic Flight Simulator would never have kept my attention that long.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

GaryRR wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 07:44 I envy you. The weather here over the Susquehanna Valley in PA has just been so abdominal I haven't had opportunity to get off the ground this weekend and my job doesn't leave me time or energy Monday to Friday.
Plus one on the B-25. Would also love to see with it a highly detailed Yorktown Class carrier, a few highly detailed cruisers and destroyers from the 1942, an AI version of the B-25, 1942 era Japan scenery, and a canned adventure placing pilot and the whole package 800 miles east of Japan and you know the rest. What do you think? Can A2A do that?
Right on, man! Every April 18th the A2A Misfit Squadron would be flying from Shangri-La to various targets, then hopefully on to unoccupied China. Maybe we'd have to fly all the way from Eglin Field to McClellan Field at low level...

Seeya
ATB

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Hear, hear! I've been having some adventures of my own now that winter weather is here. My rule is no GPS and radio aids only if I absolutely have to have them. It makes navigating interesting when you're in-and-out of cloud all the time.

I would like to join the Misfit Squadron one of these days. Sounds like you all have the best time.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

joing
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Paughco wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 13:51
GaryRR wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 07:44 I envy you. The weather here over the Susquehanna Valley in PA has just been so abdominal I haven't had opportunity to get off the ground this weekend and my job doesn't leave me time or energy Monday to Friday.
Right on, man! Every April 18th the A2A Misfit Squadron would be flying from Shangri-La to various targets, then hopefully on to unoccupied China. Maybe we'd have to fly all the way from Eglin Field to McClellan Field at low level...

Seeya
ATB
I Love that jpeg of Hornet loaded with Doolittles planes steaming out of San Fran. Where did you find it? Great windows wallpaper option.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

GaryRR wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 12:25 I Love that jpeg of Hornet loaded with Doolittles planes steaming out of San Fran. Where did you find it? Great windows wallpaper option.
Artbarbarians.com ... use search term "aircraft carrier" at the site. This may direct link to it but I'm not sure: https://www.artbarbarians.com/gallery2/search.asp
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I think I searched for it on Google with something like "Hornet leaving San Francisco images."

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”