AuthenticKit - has anyone built one?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Tail-dragger
Airman

AuthenticKit - has anyone built one?

Post by Tail-dragger »

Hello,

Was wondering if any of the more eager Spitefire or P-40 pilots have tried any of these kits? Provides many options from totally 3d printing parts and sourcing parts yourself to buying kits parts and help with finding local 3d printing options or combo. The YouTube assembly videos are also well done; flight stick and throttle Quad are also built using Hall Sensor technology. The web site only calls out latest MSFS, but I don't see why the Leo bodner board would not work with FSX and PD3.

AuthentiKit is an award winning system for flight simulation controls. AuthentiKit is FREEWARE. All the flight controls developed by AuthentiKit are provided as free downloads of CAD files for 3D printing, assembly guides and parts lists for easy self assembly. If you don’t have a 3D printer there are community members who will now print parts for you. Initially all controls were designed and released by Phil Hulme the founder of AuthentiKit. In Spring 2021 an SDK was released including a methodology and reusable components to make it easy for others to design AuthentiKit compatible flight controls.

Some example videos....

https://youtu.be/Kgq1TEdyb4I Review Video

https://authentikit.org/what-is-it/

https://youtu.be/_Vl8lgcLiUI

https://youtu.be/i1z0ZwUXtn4

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: AuthenticKit - has anyone built one?

Post by Killratio »

I haven't used any of Phil's gear as I build in ali and steel but he keeps The Spitfire Projects Group updated with his progress and is very willing to listen to corrections/improvements/suggestions.

Good printer and purchase of good quality electronics would make these quite stunning additions to a desktop pit or, at a stretch, a cockpit simulator project.
3d printing is now amazingly strong. Ross printed a main fuel cock bracket for us and I really had my doubts but it is quite solid, even with steel levers being bent against it.
In the long run it willbe used to cast an aluminium one but in the mean time it is good.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Re: AuthenticKit - has anyone built one?

Post by AerialShorts »

I got to know Phil (Authentikit creator) some years ago and he’s a really good guy. My printer wasn’t big enough or I would have built one for the P-51.

If you have a printer, I’d recommend just printing some cool parts and see what you think. He uses Leo Bodnar electronics and those have a really good rep as far as I know.

You can stick a toe in the water and see what you think for not much money. Maybe build a throttle quadrant or whatever might be a good fit for your rig.

If you need to get parts printed it’s a bigger investment. 3D printers can be intimidating at first but once you get past that, and don’t mind a little bit of a learning curve, there’s good ones that don’t cost much. Everyone’s different but I found all sorts of uses for 3D prints around the house too. My printer has hardly sat idle for long. Decorative patio light lamp shades (to keep hail from breaking bulbs), yard light grass rings that make it easy to find the pvc sockets, rain gauge holders, temperature sensor holders, etc. Recently I’ve been printing new pedals for my MFG pedal set that have solid edges to better hold my shoes from slipping off. But it depends on your needs if one would be a good investment. There’s also Thingiverse.com which is a huge public repository of ready to print designs. Autodesk Fusion 360 is very powerful design software and free to use for hobbyists not working for profit.

Not sure if this helps you any but 3D printing has been a blast. I would have bought a bigger printer had I known how much I’d use mine and the one I have just goes and goes. Still on my first print head and nozzle even though I bought spares when I got my printer.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”