Air Force Pilot Training Video

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
jclay13
Senior Airman

Air Force Pilot Training Video

Post by jclay13 »

I see A2A getting some ink regarding "Pilot Training Next" about 1:30 into the video where they show a slide. I assume I'm seeing the A2A T-6 in those sims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMLg7TH ... =HasardLee

Well done A2A and be proud of what you've achieved supporting the USAF.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Air Force Pilot Training Video

Post by Scott - A2A »

Thanks for the post. We have intentionally not discussed publicly what we are doing with the military because there are many much bigger entities that us that want to do what we're doing and we see the same mistakes being made everywhere on how developers create physics. The less they know the better. From the reaction we've seen, our flight physics have shown them things that are possible that not even their multi million $ sims can do.

Working for a client is a different business model than what we are used to (especially one as big as the US military). Even though we've made many good friends in the military, it's serious business however our entire team has been longing for coming back home, so to speak. Deep down we are game developers that love making airplanes come to life and then sharing these labors of love with everyone here. We get feedback, criticisms, fix, improve, etc. and we all enjoy the end result.

Right now, I am just very happy to have the newest Accu-Sim physics coming to MSFS (and hopefully other platforms too). Now it's up to us to make this airplane the best we can make it.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi jclay

Many thanks for the link to this inspiring video and the fantastic air force video that follows it.

Morning Scott,

Thank YOU!! Just as you are proud to have served the USAF and recently with the unique brilliance of A2A, I am also appreciative and proud to be associated with you and A2A.

Now enough of that fluffy stuff! Obviously the USAF uses the P3D platform. So P3D will "always" exist and update/upgrade itself over time. Please, pretty please can A2A continue maintaining planes (and developing new'ns) which are compatible with P3D (I'm praying that A2A doesn't exclusively focus on MSFS (XBox gaming))

For me, some things in life are too important, so I'm prepared to risk appearing neurotic!

Today, I'm out in T-6 Hawarden EGNR to Gloucestershire EGBJ. Maybe Santa will drop me off a T6 Texan II for P3D.

You and family, have an ace of a day.

Rod EGBB

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Yeah, very cool video. Really cool your team has expanded into such an important roll in training the next generation of pilots. Keep it up!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

rod321 wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 06:07 So P3D will "always" exist and update/upgrade itself over time. Please, pretty please can A2A continue maintaining planes (and developing new'ns) which are compatible with P3D (I'm praying that A2A doesn't exclusively focus on MSFS (XBox gaming))
I want our next generation airplanes to be portable back to P3D. However there is one issue, and that is how P3D does their lighting. It's nowhere near as good as MSFS for example. So if we make a gorgeous airplane for MSFS we have to then make it "less good" for P3D and this is a lot to ask of our very picky modelers. I personally love making airplanes for P3D, because I can do whatever I wish in terms of physics, systems and sound. If Lockheed Martin updates their graphics engine to the level of MSFS, not talking terrain but just the lighting so the airplanes look the best they can be, then it would be a viable platform. We do think this is possible too.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”