GTN 750 and P3D5.2

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: GTN 750 and P3D5.2

Post by Paughco »

Yeah, that is a great idea. I flew the Bo on our MP flight down Rt 66 today, and the RXP GTNs (750 on top, 650 below) and they and the autopilot worked great. Some of the purists would say why use the autopilot and fancy GPS stuff, but I'm a gadget guy; that's how I roll. I've got a Garmin Nav VI on my BMW S1000XR, and it's almost in the same exact spot on my bike as the GTN 650 in my A2A Civ Mustang.

That being said, I'm saving my ammo, so to speak, when it comes to asking A2A for stuff. I'm perfectly happy to use my current work-around GTN setup in everything except for the Bonanza; because when I ask, it's for something I really want - something I really NEED!

A2A don't sweat the small stuff; get busy on my B-25 Mitchell and my Cessna 180 or 185. I'd take a Twin Beechcraft as an interim, but I'll still be wanting the B-25 and the C-185.

Keep on Rockin' in a free world. And remember, moderation in all things. Including moderation itself!

Seeya
ATB

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Paughco wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 12:40 Try activating the 2D version and see if the buttons work.
Paughco, THANK YOU for the suggestion!!! I was so fixated on getting them to work in the VC that I didn't even think of the 2D panel :roll: :oops:
I initially installed the RXP pop-up with the tool, but had no frame or buttons...and I could never figure out how to make it pop down, so went through the process of reverting, which set off a chain of events that took me a while to sort out but the end result is that I've got the 2D panel with the frame and the 'direct to' button works just fine!

I'd actually given up when I saw that the 2D was with no bezel, but then bought the 182 yesterday and in the process of setting it up, installed the GTN750/650 and noted that the 2D panels were with bezel and buttons so dove into the differences in .cfgs between the 182 & Mustang. So, not only did that purchase help me with the Mustang issue, I got a new airplane for about $9 CAD after applying A2A hours :mrgreen: Thanks A2A!!

Must go fly now...!!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Add me to the list of ...What are we? Protesters? Demonstrators? Angry mob? Whatever, I'm in. :evil:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”