Is serious flight simming threatened ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: Is serious flight simming threatened ?

Post by Styggron »

I honestly don't care whatever reasons people say, it is FSXI for me. It is the next version after FSX which makes it FSXI. I don't care about concept inclusions or code base etc. Simple as that. It's the next flight sim. end of conversation, end of story. Period.

Peace..... and moving on......... :D
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: Is serious flight simming threatened ?

Post by Styggron »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 06:20
ImpendingJoker wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 21:44
Except it is not FS11. All the previous versions of FS built off the previous one before it and had backwards compatibility because of the code was being done by the same company again and again. This however is not the case with MSFS. It is completely new code and a completely different developer. To call it FS11 is disingenuous at best, and completely wrong at worst. This is not the FS that you used to know in anyway shape or form. It's like saying that a Lamborghini farm tractor and Lamborghini Diablo are the same because they have the name Lamborghini in them despite the fact they have different design teams and philosophies. A lot of people took to calling it FS2020 but that is not right either since there in no year in the title, and I think this was done intentionally to break from the Aces Studio naming convention, and it is the reason that I never refer to them as anything other than what is on the box. FS3, FS4, FS5, FS95, FS98, FS2002, FS2004, and, FSX. The new MSFS doesn't fit into this numbering convention and to do so adds further confusion to an already confusing situation. It is a relaunch, and as such, needs to be addressed as such so that people new to the hobby do not get confused as to what is being discussed.
As others have mentioned this is incorrect, FS2020 is indeed built upon the previous release as with all others and as told by Asobo/MS themselves. Its a big jump for sure, but under all that is still an evident FS code base. Its how you are able to select FSX flight model and how so much freeware is able to be made relatively quickly through porting.

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis to the rescue. :) thank you :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”