Windows 11

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Windows 11

Post by Tug002 »

I updated windows 10 to 11 about 2 weeks ago and had to reinstall FSX and all of my A2A aircraft as the update crashed the FSX program. On an upside the new windows lets you install FSX and the A2A aircraft and all works fine. One problem that I encountered was that AS16 Weather did not install properly with windows 11. After contacting Hi Fi simulation and working with their tec, they were able to come up with a fix for FSX and all is working fine now. Just thought that I would let you know in case there is still some old fogies like me out there still using FSX. The following is a link to the Active Sky 16 fix for those who may need it

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tkhu23z9 ... e.exe/file

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: Windows 11

Post by Styggron »

Tug002 wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 12:15 I updated windows 10 to 11 about 2 weeks ago and had to reinstall FSX and all of my A2A aircraft as the update crashed the FSX program. On an upside the new windows lets you install FSX and the A2A aircraft and all works fine. One problem that I encountered was that AS16 Weather did not install properly with windows 11. After contacting Hi Fi simulation and working with their tec, they were able to come up with a fix for FSX and all is working fine now. Just thought that I would let you know in case there is still some old fogies like me out there still using FSX. The following is a link to the Active Sky 16 fix for those who may need it

https://www.mediafire.com/file/tkhu23z9 ... e.exe/file

Keep smiling
Tug :)
As I am another person who is staying with FSX, I am very happy to hear it still installs and works. I need my A2A planes so I am not budging from FSX and one day they will come to FSXI (This is what I call it because this is what it is) but I invested alot of money in buying the whole fleet, albeit I only purchases A2A during their rare annual sales. I have no intention on moving to a platform with endless forced updates that can break things let alone buying entire fleets again. I am happy with FSX, I have my original purchased installers, things work so I'm leaving it alone.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”