A2A aicraft and FSUIPC for rudder axis

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Seat7A
Airman First Class

A2A aicraft and FSUIPC for rudder axis

Post by Seat7A »

I'm trying to get some order on the axis settings in P3D v5.2. In p3D I mainly use A2A Comanche, Bonanza, Cherokee, C 172 and 182. I use FSUIPC for axis settings for Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo as well as MFG pedals. That it has become FSUIPC is mainly due to the fact that I use LINDA for buttons. Feels easy with a program. I notice that there is quite a difference between the different aircraft how they respond, especially to the rudder axis, and this is probably how it should be when the construction differs between the aircraft.
Assigning axis is not a problem in FSUIPC what is worrying, however, is the setting of sensitivity. It seems that it has very little effect or rather makes it not work at all and then especially for rudder axis. If you activate sensitivity, the plan does not seem to be controllable at all. It's not about there being disturbing settings in P3D, I have removed all of them.
This makes me think. Does FSUIPC work well for the aircraft I have or will results better if the axis is set in P3D.

Thankfully someone with knowledge and experience in this area could develop the issue

/Thomas
Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A aicraft and FSUIPC for rudder axis

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Thomas,

For what it's worth, I've used FSUIPC for assigning axes in FSX and P3D for several years with no issues in any A2A aircraft.

If you're seeing unexpected behaviour, probably the most important thing is to make sure there's not a conflict between axes. That is, make absolutely sure the axes are disabled in P3D itself. Assuming you've done this, please can you just clarify a bit what you mean by "activate sensitivity"? There's no setting in FSUIPC that matches this description that I'm aware of, or do you mean you're using the "slope" setting? In fact, if you could share a screenshot of your FSUIPC axis settings it may help a bit to understand what's going on.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Nick - A2A wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 17:15 If you're seeing unexpected behaviour, probably the most important thing is to make sure there's not a conflict between axes. That is, make absolutely sure the axes are disabled in P3D itself.
FWIW, I think the same principle applies to MSFS. 99% of my aircraft use a profile that has all axes mapped by FSUIPC *only*. The occasional aircraft only accepts direct sim input, so I have an FSUIPC profile for that (with a corresponding MSFS one to match).
--
Image--Image

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Post by Seat7A »

Hi Nick and thanks for the reply.
I'm sorry I was unclear, probably because English is not my 1st language. Anyway, of course I have made sure that there are no axes added in P3D. When I added axis to FSUIPC, I try instead and it is to steer on the ground. It works but it is very sensitive to pedal movements. I then move on in FSUIPC to joystick calibration (that was what I incorrectly called "activate sensitivity"). There i press set rudder. I still do nothing with resonse curve (slope). I am now testing the aircraft with only rudder sets in Joystick calibration. Now the sensitivity is very low and it is hardly possible to control the aircraft at all. I go back to FSUIPC and try different response curves from -10 or -15 to increase the feel.

In summary, if I have a good axis in FSUIPC but no joystick calibration, the aircraft in this case A2A Bonanza is very sensitive to rudder movements. On the other hand, it can turn in a small radius. If I activate Joystick calibration without response curve, the flight control hardly responds to rudder commands. The natural thing in this situation seems to be to increase the sensitivity in the response curve, but it has very little effect. At -15 I can not turn on a wide runway without the help of brakes.

/Thomas
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the added info Thomas.

Bear in mind that a negative slope number for your rudder axis in FSUIPC could make it extremely twitchy. I'd advise that you start off with a simple, linear response and make sure that you're getting the full range of motion for your pedals registered in FSUIPC. For my own setup, I don't use any null zone at the centre of the rudder pedals centre position.

If you find this too sensitive, start to add in a gradual positive slope until you're happy with the feel. This will still give you the full range of motion of the pedals, but will make them less sensitive when nearer the centred position.

As mentioned, if you could attach a screenshot of your settings (or the relevant bit from your FSUIPC6.ini) it should help show what's going on. Here's how my rudder setup looks in FSUIPC for example.

Screenshot 2021-10-12 230843.png
Screenshot 2021-10-12 230843.png (23.04 KiB) Viewed 1156 times

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Post by Seat7A »

Thanks for the reply Nick. First, again, I think I failed to explain the problem. It is not too much sensitivity, it is almost non-existent. Anyway, I've found the cause. fsuipc.ini. But I do not know what in the file that makes it impossible to adjust senisitivity. I deleted the .ini file and let fsuipc build a new one. Then the adjustment of the axis works excellently. Now all that remains is to make all the other settings that have disappeared from fsuipc.ini.

Thank you for your commitment!

/Thomas

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”