Cannot Log Into My Account

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Cannot Log Into My Account

Post by GaryRR »

i tried logging in for the first time in months on my PC and I had been logged out. Windows messed up my password manager so I had to reset password. the auto generated password got me into the forum but would not work for the store page. I hit my limit of attempts and now I am locked out. I wanted to finally buy the Skylane for P3D. Got profit sharing bonus at work. oh well, that can wait for Christmas special now. I wanted to fly it this morning. Only sim time I will have this weekend. I wish you all could make the site easier. Security is perhaps a little over zealous.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cannot Log Into My Account

Post by Tomas Linnet »

note that the forum login and the store login is 2 different logins.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

They really should change that. I am into account now but windows doesn't always do well with it and I use my phone for the forum a lot. I don't log in on my computer that often and I have enough crap I need to remember. This isn't the Pentagon and who in the world is going to hack something as nitch as A2A software? Isn't this level of security just a bit over zealous?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Gary we tried but there is a reason even Microsoft wasn't able to successfully merge accounts from different platforms. We are sorry for any inconvenience that has caused but we wish could have avoided this.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

It's all good Scott. I have now same pass that I can remember for both store and forum. I wanted to buy P3D Skylane finally and make a touch and circuit at all my nearby Orbx fields with it for my Saturday simming. SEG, which I modified to real to Piper Memorial to KRVL and back to SEG. I will give it a shot tomorrow morning weather permit. Only fly live weather.

aurel42
Airman First Class

Post by aurel42 »

GaryRR wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 11:24 This isn't the Pentagon and who in the world is going to hack something as nitch as A2A software?
I doubt that security is the main reason for the "non-unified" sign-on, I suspect there are other, technical reasons for it.

But I can assure you that people want to hack A2A. Because people want to hack everything. And, in fact, they're constantly trying. Most scans and attacks are fully automated, a huge armada of bots is targeting internet services 24x7, scanning for (among other things) known weaknesses of standard software (like known bugs in older versions of this forum software), and if they find an installation that isn't updated and correctly configured to close the security holes, they call their masters.

While even plain forum accounts with encrypted passwords have some worth in their world, the real customer database with full names, addresses, perhaps payment data is certainly more interesting.
That's why I, with some professional background in the field, prefer the setup with separate accounts. If push comes to shove, this setup might protect my personal data.

For most people, a visit to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ is an eye-opener when it comes to internet security (or the lack thereof). Try it, if you're curious.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”