A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Cat3508
Airman First Class

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by Cat3508 »

Have just logged on after a fairly lengthy period away, mainly to see if there are any new products on line. Nothing ! same old. same old . After having had some Carenado horrors, thought Id go for something that actually works out of the box. Bit disappointing :cry:
Cheers
CPU Intel i77740X FROST FLOW 240L Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299E GAMING, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G SKILL 32GB RipJaws Blue.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

:roll:

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

gpf wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 10:42 If you desire "high fidelity", consider flying a real aircraft, or take an introductory lesson at your local airport.
That's exactly what I'm making time for now ... to get back into flying real aircraft again (rentals for now).

I've put MSFS the game on hold. I've put P3D the simulator on hold. I've put XP12 on hold. I don't care if someone feels sub-human because of term "game" or "simulator" (that's on you). There is nothing like the "fidelity" of flying real world and it's unlikely I'll ever get to experience some of the more expensive aircraft and certainly not commercial aircraft so I have no base for which to compare "fidelity".

P3D provided:

1. Accurate weather planning (which 99% of the time I use historical)
2. Accurate weather radar
3. More accurate AI interaction (with add-ons like AIG and live flight schedules)
4. The only flight physics I can judge is that of 152, 172, Cherokee, and Bonanza and A2A was closest but weather interaction still leaves much to be desired
5. Fuel management relative to weather/winds

Boggles my mind that historical weather is still missing in MSFS and no plans to make it happen as the up vote for the feature is extremely low ... and the suggestion that Jorg N. didn't know about historical weather is hilarious, the PM of MSFS isn't aware of what FSX could do? Tell me another story Jorg ;)

Missing link is still ATC in any platform and that's mostly down to SDK support and the processing power required to do fully accurate global ATC system (separate computer is a must to process that much changing interaction).

I liked A2A's maintenance process, but it is a bit over the top ... real world seems to be much more forgiving but I'm not an aircraft owner (only a renter) so who knows what the mechanics are doing behind the scenes. I have noticed there have been more than normal GA crashes recently due to poor maintenance or incorrectly performed maintenance.

I think extensive "failure" simulation is extremely important, but then again, another feature request for MSFS that has very few up votes hence the game direction. And again, no one is less of a person because they enjoy less simulation and more game ... it's all good, to each his or her own.

As recommended, I've taken up real world flying, drone flying, and videography as these set of sim/games just aren't doing it for me anymore as they currently stand and direction they're going.

On a side note, my home Flight Simulator setup is available for sale if anyone interested PM me.

Cheers, Rob.

joepoway
Airman First Class

Post by joepoway »

Rob,

I hope you enjoy your new endeavors Rob and am sure you will master them as you always do with your interests and hobbies.

I and many others will miss your contributions to our hobby. I have appreciated all the help and insights over the many years across many platforms.

Thank You, Good luck to you and stay well my friend!

Sincerely,
Joe
ImageImage
ImageImage

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hey thanks Joe,

I'm sure I'll return to simulation when I'm ready to retire ... all new build it from scratch adventure.

Now I just need to figure out how to keep myself alive in these rent-o-wrecks :) ... on a side note, my "boss" also flies so hoping to hookup some flights with him now that the weather is nice.

Cheers, Rob.

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

The best present for my birthday is an info update of A2A

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

Almost half a year since screenshots.

¿Any news?

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

No

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Would love to fly the Comanche in MSFS! It's been FAR too long since an A2A release for any sim.

Do we have a timeline at all? Q1 2023 etc?

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

ryanbatc wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 21:26 Would love to fly the Comanche in MSFS! It's been FAR too long since an A2A release for any sim.

Negative.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I’m still having fun and racking up hours with A2A in P3Dv4. I just flew “Pistol Packin’ Mama” from Monterey over Pacheco Pass to Crow’s Landing (NRC) for T&G practice, then continued into the SF Bay area, more T&G’s at Palo Alto (KPAO) and a very low level flight up Highway 17, a high speed descent into Santa Cruz and back down the coast to Monterey. I learned long ago to enjoy what I’ve got and let the new offerings mature before making the leap. I’m not criticizing anyone, its just how I approach new software. A2A isn’t “missing in action” - change of this magnitude takes time. :a2a:

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

ratty wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 02:12 Perhaps because I go all the way back to Flight Simulator 2, more planes and prettier scenery are very low priorities for me. I already have more A2A aeroplanes than I have time to fly, so I don't mind waiting until A2A are allowed to do it right and FS20 becomes a real sim.
100% absolutely 100%.
I started with subLogic Flight Simulator II on the C64 (yes I still have it boxed) although my first flight sim was Solo Flight on the C64 which I also still have boxed and still play).

Sure FSX is dated and all that but ORBX gives you nice scenery if you really want that, and the A2A planes are what makes FSX to me. How they made them SO realistic, you have Accu-feel for non accusim planes that makes a HUGE difference especially to water planes which I use a lot. I fly my B377 and Spitfire sooooooo much and the B17G.

I own the entire A2A library and Aircraft Factory library as well and I have way more than I have time to fly. In fact there are many A2A planes I've not even installed yet so I have them but not even flown them yet as I am SO immersed with ones I have installed.........

I'm sticking with FSX and my A2A / Aircraft Factory Fleet.
Sure one day I will get MSFS but that is probably going to be a long way away........5-6+ or more years

............UNLESS...........I see a B377/COTS and Warbirds from A2A on MSFS. Then I might move that schedule a little forward :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

ryanbatc wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 21:26 Would love to fly the Comanche in MSFS! It's been FAR too long since an A2A release for any sim.

At the time, I never thought the Bonanza would be the last FSX plane. When A2A started to work with P3D and then they did work for the Military, their priorities changed, understandable. A business must move forward, be sustainable etc.

From what I have seen, although some are close, I don't think any other manufacturer has done what A2A has done with FSX/Accusim. It's their INCREDIBLE point of difference.
Ok so what if they just released a plane in FSXI (I call it that because it is Flight Sim 11) it would have to be "no one has done this before". That is a very VERY tall order.

At a guess, they are working on something soooooo incredibly special and unique that it is going to take a lot of time. I can't even begin to guess though. FSXI is a complex simulator, with A2A planes being so accurate in FSX/P3D that the military use it, they are probably concentrating on that. What can their eventual foray into FSXI have? I don't know...... but I do know that if they do go in that direction, it will be revolutionary......... NOT evolutionary.

All we know is the Commanche will be the first.... just what revolutionary things it will have we don't know. The innovation and genuis of A2A though, will make it worth it, even if it is years away. Having products at launch or soon after is good sure, but sometimes you want to see for a year or two everything coming out and see what is "not" getting done then sweep in and wow everyone.

:)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”