A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by Waffler11 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 May 2022, 21:01
Waffler11 wrote: 21 May 2022, 20:40
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 May 2022, 14:51
Just this week we have decided to add a feature not yet even conceived in FS2020.
Dudley Henriques
Oh come ON! You can’t leave a morsel like that hanging scant centimeters from our slavering mouths! What IS this feature you speak of?
It wasn't meant to be a teaser, just a fact. When the time is right Scott will be the one to announce what we are doing. All I can tell you is that I talked with Scott today and he is VERY excited about what's happening.
It's going to take a bit of time to get it done so hang in.
Dudley Henriques
It can’t be both a fact and teaser? ;)

Relax, I wasn’t antagonized, I was trying to inject a little levity. Hard to do with words on a screen unless you know the writer well.

Being a tester for an upcoming plane has opened my eyes to the many pitfalls development brings and a much more enhanced appreciation for the work developers do to bring a quality product. A2A is regularly brought up as the de facto bar that developers aspire to (at least insofar as GA goes).

I’ve no doubt that this Comanche will be a proud addition to anyone’s hangar.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Waffler11 wrote: 21 May 2022, 21:33
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 May 2022, 21:01
Waffler11 wrote: 21 May 2022, 20:40

Oh come ON! You can’t leave a morsel like that hanging scant centimeters from our slavering mouths! What IS this feature you speak of?
It wasn't meant to be a teaser, just a fact. When the time is right Scott will be the one to announce what we are doing. All I can tell you is that I talked with Scott today and he is VERY excited about what's happening.
It's going to take a bit of time to get it done so hang in.
Dudley Henriques
It can’t be both a fact and teaser? ;)

Relax, I wasn’t antagonized, I was trying to inject a little levity. Hard to do with words on a screen unless you know the writer well.

Being a tester for an upcoming plane has opened my eyes to the many pitfalls development brings and a much more enhanced appreciation for the work developers do to bring a quality product. A2A is regularly brought up as the de facto bar that developers aspire to (at least insofar as GA goes).

I’ve no doubt that this Comanche will be a proud addition to anyone’s hangar.
I see you have only been here with us for about a year. If you remain here with us you will learn that when I post I simply state the facts without any attempt at being "cute" or sarcastic so no need to reply to me telling me to relax.
If I'm ever posting to the point where I need to relax it will be quite obvious to whoever is reading it.
I caught your levity and appreciated it. I just didn't return it in kind as I found a need to simply be straight forward and informative.
Just my style my friend. You'll get used to it after awhile. Until then, I hope you're looking forward to the Comanche. It will be a great release !!!
My best to you,
Dudley Henriques

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Milviz have set a pretty high bar with their Cessna 310R which I think is the best release yet for MSFS. But I'm also very sure that when A2A's Comanche is released, there will not be another GA release to touch it, until the next A2A release. :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 22 May 2022, 01:06 Milviz have set a pretty high bar with their Cessna 310R which I think is the best release yet for MSFS. But I'm also very sure that when A2A's Comanche is released, there will not be another GA release to touch it, until the next A2A release. :D

Cheers,
Mike
I have the Milviz 310, got for a discount because I've owned the previous iterations as well, and I can tell you not only has Milviz not set the bar, they haven't even cleared the previous level set by the Flysimware Cessna 414. I have them both, and the beta stage that the 414 is at currently is by and large better than what Milviz released as a feature complete aircraft. The 310 doesn't feel as alive as the 414, and the 414 will most likely pale in comparison to the Comanche, and if we throw the PMDG 737-700 into the mix then Milviz is not even on the platform at this point because even the Wing42 Boeing 247D is better than the 310.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 22 May 2022, 22:12
Dogsbody55 wrote: 22 May 2022, 01:06 Milviz have set a pretty high bar with their Cessna 310R which I think is the best release yet for MSFS. But I'm also very sure that when A2A's Comanche is released, there will not be another GA release to touch it, until the next A2A release. :D

Cheers,
Mike
I have the Milviz 310, got for a discount because I've owned the previous iterations as well, and I can tell you not only has Milviz not set the bar, they haven't even cleared the previous level set by the Flysimware Cessna 414. I have them both, and the beta stage that the 414 is at currently is by and large better than what Milviz released as a feature complete aircraft. The 310 doesn't feel as alive as the 414, and the 414 will most likely pale in comparison to the Comanche, and if we throw the PMDG 737-700 into the mix then Milviz is not even on the platform at this point because even the Wing42 Boeing 247D is better than the 310.
I wouldn‘t have said it that harshly but generally I agree, the 310 is pretty overhyped. Yes, it‘s good. No, it‘s not better than other aircraft, it just has more features. The wear and tear is certainly a good thing and I guess Milviz nailed it quite well to bring a certain caution to the plane. But it doesn‘t feel any different than the default Da62 or Baron. Its elevator is just as twitchy as in all the other planes, the plane gets thrown around in the air like a 400kg ultralight. The gauges look flat like they were taken straight out of FSX and it as far as I can tell after 5 flights it uses the default MSFS Kap140 like the PC6. At least it shares the exactly same bugs or issues. Or quirks or whatever. It doesn‘t raise the bar at all. Well, maybe regarding the sound, yep. But everything else has already been topped by Wing42. Milviz are a good developer, no doubt but they put much less attention to many things than they would be able to if they really wanted. I‘m sure A2A will just blow it away.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

MarcE wrote: 23 May 2022, 07:34

Cheers,
Mike
I wouldn‘t have said it that harshly but generally I agree, the 310 is pretty overhyped. Yes, it‘s good. No, it‘s not better than other aircraft, it just has more features. The wear and tear is certainly a good thing and I guess Milviz nailed it quite well to bring a certain caution to the plane. But it doesn‘t feel any different than the default Da62 or Baron. Its elevator is just as twitchy as in all the other planes, the plane gets thrown around in the air like a 400kg ultralight. The gauges look flat like they were taken straight out of FSX and it as far as I can tell after 5 flights it uses the default MSFS Kap140 like the PC6. At least it shares the exactly same bugs or issues. Or quirks or whatever. It doesn‘t raise the bar at all. Well, maybe regarding the sound, yep. But everything else has already been topped by Wing42. Milviz are a good developer, no doubt but they put much less attention to many things than they would be able to if they really wanted. I‘m sure A2A will just blow it away.
100% true !
I have a number of Milviz (Fsx, P3D), some of them are good but I always have the impression to remain on my hunger as if the product was not refined, incomplete, simplified...
With A2A (I have all of them) it's the opposite, you can feel the amount of work that goes into it and (very important) the competence!

Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Jarek
Senior Airman

Post by Jarek »

Thank you. My hope that there are still people who care about high modeling quality in MSFS has not died completely.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Cheers,
Mike
At what point was I harsh?
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 31 May 2022, 14:33

At what point was I harsh?
they haven't even cleared the previous level set by the Flysimware Cessna 414.
The 414 doesn't even have a custom flight model :D

But nevermind, I topped that in my text later on xDD

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

So many directing their anger in the wrong direction ... take your complaints to Asobo, they provided this broken platform and incomplete SDK. If you're not sure how to express the broken and/or missing aspects of the MSFS SDK, read it, try it, vocalize to Asobo ... that's the only way you'll get more out of Asobo sooner ... maybe, if Jorg N. allows a change in priorities.

Does anyone seriously think, A2A is allergic to income/revenue? If they could have built a high quality aircraft for MSFS 2 years agos, they would have. The road block isn't A2A, it's Asobo and their ridiculous development priorities.

I was ROFL when I opened my aircraft door from 3rd party AC while parked and all the same type of aircraft doors also opened when I operated the door level. I had AI set to use real world aircraft ... one of many many bugs not fixed. But Asobo just keep cranking out those "free" world updates and "free" aircraft because "free" seems to make almost everyone happy or extremely tolerant.

I said this in FSLabs and I'll say it here (because it's the same problem) ... if you "want A2A now in MSFS" then you're barking up the wrong tree ... I can only assume you're doing that because Asobo is an even taller tree (of silence) or you're just not conversant on the SDK issues?

The PMDG 737, Milviz 310R, Leonardo MD80 all for MSFS have been feature reduced releases compared to their P3D counter parts ... why is that?

Rob.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

robains wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 14:41But Asobo just keep cranking out those "free" world updates and "free" aircraft because "free" seems to make almost everyone happy or extremely tolerant.
Darkstar??? :roll: Ugh. I'm not happy or tolerant. This is arcade game stuff. No blame for A2A.

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

"The PMDG 737, Milviz 310R, Leonardo MD80 all for MSFS have been feature reduced releases compared to their P3D counter parts ... why is that?"

Do not disagree in general with you , Rob.
But these exact examples do not fit.

Maddog seems to be an extreme port over, look at the textures. MilViz I do not talk about and PMDG: they have refined a lot, but wanted a long time to avoid as much conversion as possible. So, in other words, these "old companies" tried to port over their old code and habits into MSFS to reduce cost and effort - understandable.

The proof you do not have to release a feature reduced addon is Fenix, where all seems possible now.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Fenix? Fenix? No, not heard of that one. Is there anything on AVSIM about it? :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Ron Attwood wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 07:22 Fenix? Fenix? No, not heard of that one. Is there anything on AVSIM about it? :D
:mrgreen: AVSIM should change their name to AVFENIX.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

guenseli wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 00:03 Maddog seems to be an extreme port over, look at the textures. MilViz I do not talk about and PMDG: they have refined a lot, but wanted a long time to avoid as much conversion as possible. So, in other words, these "old companies" tried to port over their old code and habits into MSFS to reduce cost and effort - understandable.

The proof you do not have to release a feature reduced addon is Fenix, where all seems possible now.
When you are a venerable developer with wide established fan base, it is somewhat easy to get away with minute omissions or issues in simulation. You release what you consider good enough, and thereafter you can speak with enough authority to convince the majority of the users to alter their perception of the reality to match PMDG's, if necessary. :D If you review one for anything under six out of five, you're wolf's s**t by the sunrise.

I have not followed too much the development of Fenix, but they've sure gotten the hype on their side from the beginning, somewhat better than FSLabs ever did for instance, IMO. (This is not to compare the products, I've not tried the Fenix yet, and I do think the FSL A320SL was/is the best tubeliner for P3D.)

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”