A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by TymK »

Scott - A2A wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 16:53 I just wanted to say that as of yesterday, thanks to our brilliant Michal Krawczyk and Mark Smith, we appear to be out of the woods with Accu-Sim and MSFS2020. It goes to show that there is almost nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it and don't give up.
That's absolutely brilliant news (and a big relief, too)!

So, this brings us back to the question which a lot of us have probably been meaning to ask but didn't out of respect for your NDAa and other commitments... No, not "when", we all know it's too early to tell... ;-)

But... with the various cats out of their bags and the various hurdles overcome, is there any chance of bringing back the good old development videos? Now I know the industry has changed a lot in recent years and developers have grown wary of posting stuff that someone might misconstrue as a commitment, etc., but that's one thing I've really been missing and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone... ;)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

TymK wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 18:08 But... with the various cats out of their bags and the various hurdles overcome, is there any chance of bringing back the good old development videos? Now I know the industry has changed a lot in recent years and developers have grown wary of posting stuff that someone might misconstrue as a commitment, etc., but that's one thing I've really been missing and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone... ;)
We just talked about that this morning. While we traditionally keep our cards close to our chest, we think this Comanche 250 may be different especially considering how quiet we've been. So the thinking is, sharing more of what we go through to Accu-Sim an airplane. Taking cameras more on my Comanche and posting dev updates. Is this what you were referring too? BTW I do miss making these vids. It was always a lot of fun.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

Scott - A2A wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 18:14
TymK wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 18:08 But... with the various cats out of their bags and the various hurdles overcome, is there any chance of bringing back the good old development videos? Now I know the industry has changed a lot in recent years and developers have grown wary of posting stuff that someone might misconstrue as a commitment, etc., but that's one thing I've really been missing and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone... ;)
We just talked about that this morning. While we traditionally keep our cards close to our chest, we think this Comanche 250 may be different especially considering how quiet we've been. So the thinking is, sharing more of what we go through to Accu-Sim an airplane. Taking cameras more on my Comanche and posting dev updates. Is this what you were referring too? BTW I do miss making these vids. It was always a lot of fun.

Scott
Thanks Scott, that's actually more than I'd hoped for. :D I loved the old "Development Update" format, but some extra insight into the Accu-Sim process and footage from test flights will make it even better. And yes, it was clear from the videos that you enjoyed making them, so... really looking forward to this :-)

rcoultas
Airman First Class

Post by rcoultas »

Scott - A2A wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 16:53 So now that we have this Comanche 250 in place we can properly plan for MSFS development. Keep in mind that being brand new tech, systems and physics, it will take longer for this first airplane, which is why we chose the Comanche 250 since we know it so well. But once this airplane is out the Accu-Sim production line will be in place, so to speak.

Scott
Congrats Scott! I look forward to seeing A2A's beautiful, and so detailed aircraft in MSFS.
Cheers,
Randall

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 18:14

Scott
This is very good news indeed. Your Comanche has been my go to flight sim plane since release and I still watch the release video. So yes please to making new videos too. Always good to watch.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Great news! Finally a good reason to get in to MSFS. Thanks team A2A!
Cheers!/Andreas

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Great news this week, I'm glad to hear the wheels are now in motion! I can restart my round-the-world trip which I abandoned in FSX with the Comanche as the scenery simply got too dull as I reached the Far East.
addman wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 01:15 Great news! Finally a good reason to get in to MSFS. Thanks team A2A!
Well... after today's 'Game of the Year' update (Sim Update 7) you might want to wait for a hotfix or two before jumping in. They've broken a lot of things again, which is a shame as they fixed so many others and added free content, and the last update was actually pretty smooth. Two steps forward, one step back.

I fear a little for what A2A will end up going through with future updates once their aircraft start to release. Fasten your seatbelts, turbulence is expected :wink:

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Mustang wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 19:20 Great news this week, I'm glad to hear the wheels are now in motion! I can restart my round-the-world trip which I abandoned in FSX with the Comanche as the scenery simply got too dull as I reached the Far East.
addman wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 01:15 Great news! Finally a good reason to get in to MSFS. Thanks team A2A!
Well... after today's 'Game of the Year' update (Sim Update 7) you might want to wait for a hotfix or two before jumping in. They've broken a lot of things again, which is a shame as they fixed so many others and added free content, and the last update was actually pretty smooth. Two steps forward, one step back.

I fear a little for what A2A will end up going through with future updates once their aircraft start to release. Fasten your seatbelts, turbulence is expected :wink:
I just did the update. Passed on DX12. Have no issues so far.
Dudley Henriques

ahuimanu
Airman

Post by ahuimanu »

Great news on your breakthrough. Shall those of us still on Prepar3d worry now? I have to imagine these military contracts are on prepar3d, can the rest of us hope for continued Prepar3d support?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I also installed the update tonight. On first run-through I had some issues with panels in VR not going away and/or not functioning, but almost everything seems to be working fine now. My headset is the Reverb G2; not using touch controllers; and I'm staying with DX11.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

SU7 appeared to work fine for me yesterday but now TrackIR only works with MSFS sometimes (mostly not working), which makes it unflyable for me. I'm sick of every MSFS update breaking something and it's only the prospect of something special from A2A that has kept me persevering with it.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

GrahamP wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 05:58 SU7 appeared to work fine for me yesterday but now TrackIR only works with MSFS sometimes (mostly not working), which makes it unflyable for me. I'm sick of every MSFS update breaking something and it's only the prospect of something special from A2A that has kept me persevering with it.
It's a known issue (bug) in this (badly tested again) release. Press F12 to restore, according to the release notes. Also read on the Simviation MSFS forum that you need to bind a key to "Toggle Headtracking". So not sure what's actually going on, but one thing is for sure; why on earth Asobo changed this to require a key binding is beyond me.

I'll hold off updating (and therefore using) until I hear that a patch for their patch has been released. I've learned with this sim never to update on release day. I can use P3D instead, thankfully, and mostly I do. Like you, I've only hung on this long with MSFS because I've been wanting an A2A plane to fly in this visually magnificent sim. However, with each new "update", it seems to be getting more unreliable. Can I be bothered with it's seemingly increasing vagaries in the future?

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

GrahamP wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 05:58 SU7 appeared to work fine for me yesterday but now TrackIR only works with MSFS sometimes (mostly not working), which makes it unflyable for me.

Perhaps you've seen the threads about it on the MSFS forums. If not, there is a workaround ... a little bit incovenient but managable until a fix comes around:

TrackIR switches off when the camera loses sight of the reflectors / the TrackClip Pro. In the controls there is an option "Toggle Head Tracking". Bind that to a key or key combination and use it to switch TrackIR quickly back on once it stops working. Works fine for me.

What doesn't work for me, however, is using F12 to reset the camera, contrary to the release notes.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

On the TrackIR thing, how is it possible to cock up something when it has been working since day one. They're supposed to be professionals for God's sake! They should adopt what USED to be the doctors mantra 'First do no harm'.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

Thanks @Dogsbody55 and @jigsaw. Yes, I've done that since my last post but not being able to pause the view centred where I want it is a major frustration for me.

It's infuriating that MS/Asobo knew they had broken this but went ahead and forced it on us anyway.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”