A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bucky60
Airman

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by bucky60 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 15:36 We are still creeping forward towards an Accu-Sim airplane in MSFS. It's frustrating to not be in full control of the things that need to be done for this to happen. I know my credibility for giving a date or time for it to be ready is pretty much shot. It's not a complaint but just a reality. I do believe we will get there and when we do, it will be a great place to be.

Scott.
Scott,
I appreciate the feedback, even if it's not great news. At least now we know it's still going to be a lengthy wait. You're credibility isn't shot. You're just being honest and we appreciate that. The news is a little disappointing, but it is what it is.

For me, I'm not spending any more an MSFS until I know if A2A will be going forward with MANY A2A aircraft.

Please, when you do know for sure (if or when) you have MSFS solved, let us know. Your answer determines whether I upgrade P3D4 to 5 or go forward with MSFS.

Good luck to you. Your good fortune ends up being our good fortune. For now I have P3D4 and A2A along with the two Just Flight (Arrow and Warrior) in MSFS.

You guys still make the best planes.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

Thank you for the honest update, Scott, it is appreciated. It is what it is. I know the timescale is outside your control and I know you will let us know as soon as you know. And I know that if / when (fingers crossed) it works out as you / we want, it will be worth the wait.

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

Hi Scott,

I can only imagine the frustration you and your team are feeling. I hope whatever it is that is holding things back for A2A development, for MSFS, can be overcome soon for all concerned. I, like others have expressed, will stay with P3Dv4.5 until then and can still enjoy my A2A aircraft. It would be nice to see other forum activity, besides Ban the Person Above You, A2A MIA and such, patience usually pays off though when one waits for quality aircraft.

Hope this finds you and your family well!

Bill
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

alioth
Senior Airman

Post by alioth »

I would like to know if this comunity can do something to persuade Asobo to help A2A.
Can we email or write in any forum to request help to Asobo/microsoft?

There is a whislist where people can vote:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/se ... 3/l/latest

We could create a thread with something like "a2a Accusim support" and vote for it.

Arturo.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 15:36 We are still creeping forward towards an Accu-Sim airplane in MSFS. It's frustrating to not be in full control of the things that need to be done for this to happen. I know my credibility for giving a date or time for it to be ready is pretty much shot. It's not a complaint but just a reality. I do believe we will get there and when we do, it will be a great place to be.

We are focused on the long ball and not any short term gains. Once we get here we will be in a great place for a very long time.

Scott.
Nah, your credibility isn't shot. A2A is a well-established third-party brand with stellar standing in the community. It's not like you guys are Captain Sim or Bredok3D who churn out half-assed products. I'm in the middle of testing and helping out the HondaJet developer and we're careful to not commit to a date because what we're doing is a hobby, not a business. As such, he has other commitments to fulfill, to say nothing of his day job. It's purely a passion project being done on his own free time, so we're reminding people of that to temper expectations and keep release timeframe within reason (although I will say it's VERY close to completion).

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

alioth wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 03:08 I would like to know if this comunity can do something to persuade Asobo to help A2A.

We could create a thread with something like "a2a Accusim support" and vote for it.

Arturo.
It's a good idea but it's hard to ask for something when you don't know what is.

As far as we know Asobo are already doing their best to improve the SDK, and without knowing where exactly the problem is, it's like "flying blind".

What we know is that Accusim is independent and doesn't use physics and systems from the core sim like most of the other add-ons do.

It just uses the sim as a box where it injects its own plane. So maybe the problem lies with Simconnect, but that's just a guess.

That is fascinating on one hand, and the very strength of A2A: it allows them to be able to model what they want the way they want, overriding the limitations of the sim they are working on, but also a little slight shame on the other hand, because I'd love to see what A2A can pull out from MSFS in terms of systems and flight dynamics, (like Just FLight does with their pa28 and their recently released awesome Hawke) instead of being just a sim inside another sim.

In that regard, I'd love to hear from Scott what he thinks of MSFS in terms of flight dynamics, system, and in general as a new-gen sim. But I'm sure that will again be an NDA issue, so...

In terms of credibility, Scott, believe us, we know A2A is doing everything they can. You have earned our trust with your actions and the solidity of your products, and we are just joking around trying to scratch any possible news just because you made us very keen to fly your planes.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

frankattilio wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 08:43 ... I'd love to see what A2A can pull out from MSFS in terms of systems and flight dynamics, (like Just FLight does with their pa28 and their recently released awesome Hawke) instead of being just a sim inside another sim.
Good as Just Flight's Arrow is compared to others, they can't get it how they want it with MSFS's flight dynamics. I'm very happy that A2A are not trying to be like Just Flight. With all due respect to Just Flight, I want something better.
frankattilio wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 08:43 ... we are just joking around trying to scratch any possible news ...
Maybe half joking :wink:

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

GrahamP wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 09:23
Good as Just Flight's Arrow is compared to others, they can't get it how they want it with MSFS's flight dynamics. I'm very happy that A2A are not trying to be like Just Flight. With all due respect to Just Flight, I want something better.
I didn't know this... :? that's a shame. I would still like to know why and in what terms though...

GrahamP wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 09:23
frankattilio wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 08:43 ... we are just joking around trying to scratch any possible news ...
Maybe half joking :wink:
Well... joking on taking his "matter of weeks, not months" deadline literally but not joking when saying that we are dying to know more :mrgreen:

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

I seem to remember a time when Accusim was a purchased add-on to an aircraft, before it was integrated. Of course, we all bought it! Is there an argument to be made for releasing an, or some, aircraft without Accusim, then, when the stars align between Asobo and A2A, releasing Accusim packages for the aircraft?
I, for one, would be happy to pay the full price, and have Accusim integrated in an update down the track.
Just a thought,

John

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

clarkejw wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 17:00 I seem to remember a time when Accusim was a purchased add-on to an aircraft, before it was integrated. Of course, we all bought it! Is there an argument to be made for releasing an, or some, aircraft without Accusim, then, when the stars align between Asobo and A2A, releasing Accusim packages for the aircraft?
I, for one, would be happy to pay the full price, and have Accusim integrated in an update down the track.
Just a thought,

John
That might be a solution. Personally I'm in not rush, I just wish to be informed, so I can make my purchase choices with a bit of planning.

I'm not asking for a strict dead line, just to know what the plans are and a rough idea of how far we are.

Like many others I would like to renew my pc, to invest in a sim instead of another, to get peripherals, etc etc.

All of these things are subject to change depending on many things, but one solid waypoint is: whatever A2A does, I'll make my plans accordingly.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

frankattilio wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 09:30Like many others I would like to renew my pc, to invest in a sim instead of another, to get peripherals, etc etc.
I picked up MSFS on sale last week just two days after buying REX SkyForce 3D for P3Dv5. While SkyForce significantly improves my P3D environment, having now experienced MSFS's photogrammetric world clearly reveals that P3D is a money pit for VFR flyers. I can't foresee buying any more addons for P3D at this point except and unless the Comanche and/or Bonanza go on sale. I might then get those and play them to P3D's strengths until MSFS versions are available.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

alioth wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 03:08 I would like to know if this comunity can do something to persuade Asobo to help A2A.

Arturo.
No please don't do that and don't take my post as a complaint about anyone including Asobo. This is just a reality of life (and software development) when working in a community based project where there is co-dependence. We are making great things in the meantime and working efficiently.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

Scott - A2A wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 16:02

Arturo.
No please don't do that and don't take my post as a complaint about anyone including Asobo. This is just a reality of life (and software development) when working in a community based project where there is co-dependence. We are making great things in the meantime and working efficiently.

Scott

Nobody wants to repeat the unpleasant episode that happened last year between Randazzo and MSFS... :wink:

..... and what great things are you making in the meantime????? :mrgreen:

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Nobody wants to repeat the unpleasant episode that happened last year between Randazzo and MSFS... :wink:
You mean RR had a disagreement with someone??? NO!!!!!!!! Impossible. Can't be.

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

bucky60 wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 17:09 For me, I'm not spending any more an MSFS until I know if A2A will be going forward with MANY A2A aircraft.
Same situation for me.

FS20 planes flight model are not for me...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”