A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Potuslancer
Airman

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by Potuslancer »

So incredibly thrilled that work on A2A aircraft for MSFS will resume! Thanks Scott and team. Looking forward to the Comanche and hopefully the full lineup of the other A2A aircraft. I’m still flying the B377 and B-17 and all the other fantastic A2A aircraft in FSX and I wait patiently for beautiful renditions of these to be in MSFS someday. To see those beauty’s on that platform would truly be a dream come true. Oh how wonderful it would be to see the Connie too! It would be the combination of the most beautiful aircraft to have ever graced the skies with the most beautiful and realistic scenery that we could have only dreamed about just a few years ago.

Thanks A2A for making a flight simmers dreams come true all these years. Your aircraft have given many hours of enjoyment and I look forward to many more in MSFS now too!
Potuslancer
KPWM
ImageImage
A2A aircraft: C172,C182,Cherokee,Comanche,B-17,B-377,P-51 mil.,T-6, Constellation.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Jigsaw wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 11:04 What doesn't work for me, however, is using F12 to reset the camera, contrary to the release notes.
My guess is that the F12 tip is related to the default TrackIR software's key bind for on/off or re-centre, rather than a sim command. I can't remember as I have long since changed them.

With SU7, TrackIR is rather broken, I lose the mouse in VR when hovering over a pop-up panel (as they are not clickable), and as before (since SU5/Xbox release), holding down the right-mouse to pan the view locks all the flight controls in position until you let go. I've had some wild taxis across the airport as a result, and excessive banks. I also had to reset my mouse mappings to default as the world map can't be rotated otherwise (then make a new profile identical to my old one), and all assistance options have reset to 'Easy' a few times, and then - after losing so much time to the above - I chose to use Ctrl+E to start the PC-6 to save time, only to find it doesn't work as it failed to open the fuel tank cock!

All the time saved with MSFS by not having to install countless add-ons such as weather, base scenery, camera tools etc. is great, but now I lose as much time trying to workaround all the new 'features/bugs' introduced by each patch. I'm patient and the sim is sure going in the right direction but it's a bumpy ride. It's a good thing I have other hobbies besides simming, that's all I can say! Their branching codebase and version controls must be a nightmare to manage, so I get why some bugs are 'allowed' through and don't get fixed quickly, but they're not great at acknowledging them either at the moment.

Nevertheless, I enjoy it warts and all, but limit my flying time as the aircraft just have no soul. Even the DC-6, as great as it is, doesn't have the kind of soul I'm used to :wink:

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Scott - A2A wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 18:14
TymK wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 18:08 But... with the various cats out of their bags and the various hurdles overcome, is there any chance of bringing back the good old development videos? Now I know the industry has changed a lot in recent years and developers have grown wary of posting stuff that someone might misconstrue as a commitment, etc., but that's one thing I've really been missing and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone... ;)
We just talked about that this morning. While we traditionally keep our cards close to our chest, we think this Comanche 250 may be different especially considering how quiet we've been. So the thinking is, sharing more of what we go through to Accu-Sim an airplane. Taking cameras more on my Comanche and posting dev updates. Is this what you were referring too? BTW I do miss making these vids. It was always a lot of fun.

Scott
Just some GoPros, flying and Scott commenting on the plane. I loved those (few) videos.

wrkempson
Airman First Class

Post by wrkempson »

In the tool bar/camera there is a TrackIR button that turns it on. Once switched on it worked fine for me. The list of known issues recognizes the difficulty with TrackIR as well as the inoperative VR tool bar, so one surmises they are working on it. I am happy for SU7 as it fixed an issue around large cities. I hope this might help someone.

Wayne

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Scott - A2A wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 16:53 ...thanks to our brilliant Michal Krawczyk and Mark Smith, we appear to be out of the woods with Accu-Sim and MSFS2020...
Excellent news. I can understand your frustrations ... end users seem to immediately go after the DLC providers rather than ask if the MSFS SDK and platform is up to the task. I guess it's easier to go after DLC developers rather than to try and understand some of the road blocks in the MSFS SDK and direct their concerns towards MS/Asobo who's interaction consists of "PR interviews". I guess in some ways we're their window into MSFS and what can be achieved so we get the "disappointment".

The SDK is still lacking and has many frustrating bugs that often result in a CTD. I find myself spending considerable time and energy working the "trial and error" loop simply because there isn't sufficient documentation or even SDK functionality to accomplish my goals. Finding work arounds seems the way forward with MSFS and hope an new update doesn't break existing functionality I relied on. SU7 has certainly introduced a new set of issues that needs to be address (hopefully by Asobo).

Keep up the great work Scott and A2A team.

Cheers, Rob.

jacf182
Airman Basic

Post by jacf182 »

That's some awesome news. With A2A onboard MSFS, all planets are aligning again in the Flight Sim world. Well, my Flight Sim World at least.
Can't wait to have the Cessna 182T in MSFS, but until that happens my wallet is ready for any bird you guys might release :D

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I second the C182, I really enjoy flying that plane.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

jeepinforfun wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 17:05 I second the C182, I really enjoy flying that plane.
I really need it as the air i breathe :mrgreen:

twotonemurphy
A2A Mechanic

Post by twotonemurphy »

Yes! I can't wait for this in MSFS.
I remember flying the Comanche back in FSX and it was just incredible!
Great news guys

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

GrahamP wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 15:46
Jigsaw wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 14:38 Nothing wrong with dying happy. :D
Especially if you're already an old fart :lol:

EDIT: (I'm guessing it's OK for me to say that, being an old fart myself :) )
Make the most of it. Once the current woke types get old, I suspect they will start objecting to being called 'old fart' themselves. Soon after, it will be classed as offensive and discriminatory.

Being of retirement age myself and, holding what a lot would call old fashioned principles, I suspect there are those who would call me an 'old fart' quite readily. The natural aging process being what it is, I have moved on from being a 'young reprobate'. Incidentally. How many of you know what that is, without looking it up. Youngsters today, I don't know. :roll:

Steve.

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

After hearing the good news I thought there might be some good things coming soon, but just more silence. It's a challenge flying without A2A, but not a good one.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

aenigma wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 22:45... It's a challenge flying without A2A, but not a good one.
If you have any A2A products for the other sims you can still fly them. I fly my beloved Spitfire regularly in P3D v5.3. It may not be live streamed scenery but it's pretty damned good with ORBX, Envshade and Active Sky.

Steve.

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

bladerunner900 wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 07:05
aenigma wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 22:45... It's a challenge flying without A2A, but not a good one.
If you have any A2A products for the other sims you can still fly them. I fly my beloved Spitfire regularly in P3D v5.3. It may not be live streamed scenery but it's pretty damned good with ORBX, Envshade and Active Sky.

Steve.
Yeah, I spent a lot of time flying in the old sims, but it's hard to go back to the flatland. Getting spoiled is a real problem haha

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Steve.
I agree, and for the same reasons. With Orbx, P3Dv5 can compete with 2020. In fact, when I'm using P3D I am always pleased with how smooth ATC interfaces with me as I depart and arrive airports. P3D is still very much a viable choice and is a program to be respected.
2020 will progress hopefully, and slowly fulfill its great potential.
I use it and I enjoy parts of it but for me as a pilot immersion and accuracy is key. It just isn't there yet in 2020..............but it will come; that is if Asobo can remove their marketing hat long enough to replace it with their flight simulation hat. :-)
Dudley Henriques

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Post by Seat7A »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 10:31

Steve.
I agree, and for the same reasons. With Orbx, P3Dv5 can compete with 2020. In fact, when I'm using P3D I am always pleased with how smooth ATC interfaces with me as I depart and arrive airports. P3D is still very much a viable choice and is a program to be respected.
2020 will progress hopefully, and slowly fulfill its great potential.
I use it and I enjoy parts of it but for me as a pilot immersion and accuracy is key. It just isn't there yet in 2020..............but it will come; that is if Asobo can remove their marketing hat long enough to replace it with their flight simulation hat. :-)
Dudley Henriques
Very wisely said!
/Thomas
Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”