A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by Jigsaw »

Using DSL as well, with a 95 Mbit/s connection (that's a max download rate of 10 Megabyte per second). It's perfectly fine.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

gpf wrote: 09 Jun 2022, 10:42 If you desire "high fidelity", consider flying a real aircraft, or take an introductory lesson at your local airport.
Thank you for this. Even the most detailed sim addon is basically a toy compared to duties of an actual pilot on the real type. I'm flying light GA irl on a continual basis and I use MSFS (previously P3D and XP11) for general familiarization or situational awareness. Each sims have their strengths and weaknesses in the flight dynamics department. And some older sims definitely have weaknesses in the visual department. For procedures I can simulate almost everything I'd like to in MSFS - and it's working very well. My most used aircraft have the TDS GTN 750Xi or the G1000 NXi - those units work very similar to the real ones - and I'm so thankful for in depth avionics fidelity and amazing visuals of MSFS. I also plan to purchase XP12 when it comes along.

Solareagle
Senior Airman

Post by Solareagle »

Sometimes I'm amazed people can be so serious about pretending to fly an airplane on a computer, to the point they get irked when things are not the way they want them to be.
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Exactly my point back in February:

ratty wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 08:22 Will you people ever stop whining? A2A is "MIA"? Who cares?

I already have a hangar of amazing planes that offer a more realistic experience than anything else out there. There are real-world owners who have been happily flying ONE airplane for decades, and I have a DOZEN.

"But they don't work in MSFS." Again, who cares? Maybe one day it will offer the fidelity available in P3D (frankly I doubt it), but in the meantime its only claim to being "better" is that the pictures are prettier. If that's your thing, why are you so desperate to add A2A birds when there are already so many aircraft available from other manufacturers?

Please, stop complaining and just go and play.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

ratty wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 19:06 Exactly my point back in February:

ratty wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 08:22 Will you people ever stop whining? A2A is "MIA"? Who cares?

I already have a hangar of amazing planes that offer a more realistic experience than anything else out there. There are real-world owners who have been happily flying ONE airplane for decades, and I have a DOZEN.

"But they don't work in MSFS." Again, who cares? Maybe one day it will offer the fidelity available in P3D (frankly I doubt it), but in the meantime its only claim to being "better" is that the pictures are prettier. If that's your thing, why are you so desperate to add A2A birds when there are already so many aircraft available from other manufacturers?

Please, stop complaining and just go and play.
So true!!!

Richard. 8)
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Solareagle wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 17:59 Sometimes I'm amazed people can be so serious about pretending to fly an airplane on a computer, to the point they get irked when things are not the way they want them to be.
Yeah but. no but. Well said. I swing between (stop sniggering at the back) smiling like an indulgent parent and screaming 'FFS! IT'S NOT REAL. Enjoy it for it is and that means whichever platform you favour.

Oo, I've come over all faint. :?
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Ron Attwood wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 20:02
Solareagle wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 17:59 Sometimes I'm amazed people can be so serious about pretending to fly an airplane on a computer, to the point they get irked when things are not the way they want them to be.
Yeah but. no but. Well said. I swing between (stop sniggering at the back) smiling like an indulgent parent and screaming 'FFS! IT'S NOT REAL. Enjoy it for it is and that means whichever platform you favour.
Well..........the other side of this equation completely describes how we here at A2A feel and interact with each other when we are constructing, improving, and testing Accusim for one of our planes. If it doesn't "feel" and "act" like the real airplane we get REAL SERIOUS about correcting it so that whatever it is that doesn't feel right to us gets our attention.............like RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
We sure don't want ANY customer of ours, especially pilots, getting into an Accusim aircraft in whatever sim they happen to prefer, go flying, and come away thinking, "Boy.......that A2A Accusim aircraft isn't anything like the real thing............but that's ok.........I'm enjoying it in whatever platform I prefer". :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Just musing here folks.
Dudley Henriques

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 20:40 If it doesn't "feel" and "act" like the real airplane we get REAL SERIOUS about correcting it so that whatever it is that doesn't feel right to us gets our attention.............like RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm...this sounds an awful lot like they've handed it over to you for flight testing, Dudley. :mrgreen:

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Bones wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 21:14
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 20:40 If it doesn't "feel" and "act" like the real airplane we get REAL SERIOUS about correcting it so that whatever it is that doesn't feel right to us gets our attention.............like RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm...this sounds an awful lot like they've handed it over to you for flight testing, Dudley. :mrgreen:
Scott, myself, and the team will be all working together on things as we get closer.
DH

Solareagle
Senior Airman

Post by Solareagle »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 20:40 Well..........the other side of this equation completely describes how we here at A2A feel and interact with each other when we are constructing, improving, and testing Accusim for one of our planes. If it doesn't "feel" and "act" like the real airplane we get REAL SERIOUS about correcting it so that whatever it is that doesn't feel right to us gets our attention.............like RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!
We sure don't want ANY customer of ours, especially pilots, getting into an Accusim aircraft in whatever sim they happen to prefer, go flying, and come away thinking, "Boy.......that A2A Accusim aircraft isn't anything like the real thing............but that's ok.........I'm enjoying it in whatever platform I prefer". :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Just musing here folks.
Dudley Henriques
On that flip side appreciation of a developer that is REAL SERIOUS about flight simulation is the reason any of us are here. Nevertheless, everybody has to take what they can get from their dreams. lol
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Solareagle wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 22:15
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 20:40 Well..........the other side of this equation completely describes how we here at A2A feel and interact with each other when we are constructing, improving, and testing Accusim for one of our planes. If it doesn't "feel" and "act" like the real airplane we get REAL SERIOUS about correcting it so that whatever it is that doesn't feel right to us gets our attention.............like RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just musing here folks.
Dudley Henriques
On that flip side appreciation of a developer that is REAL SERIOUS about flight simulation is the reason any of us are here. Nevertheless, everybody has to take what they can get from their dreams. lol
We realize that. We design our planes with several types of people in mind. Naturally we want to get things as close to real as possible for the aviation savvy out there. But on the other hand we realize that there are millions of good average folks out here who for many reasons even though they want to, will never get the chance to realize a dream of flight. We want those people to be able to use our product to get as close to their dream of flight as possible. This is why we created Accusim.
Take me for example. How long do you think I would use a simulated airplane that didn't allow me a feeling of realism? Not long !
On the other hand I get a kick out of putting someone absolutely new to flying in one of our planes and by instructing them allowing them to experience something they possibly couldn't afford to do or possibly not be able to pay for in real life. Seeing the look of wonder and satisfaction on their face as they suddenly realize that they can do it is priceless.
There are all kinds of people who use a flight simulator and their reasons are many and diversified.
The way we look at it here at A2A is that we want people to enjoy aviation as much as we do.
I guess when it's all been said and done, THIS is what it's all about.
Dudley Henriques

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

For me it all depends on the plane I fly or rather what the developer sells me. If it's a mod for a default airplane, freeware with a lot of spare time put in I take the best of it and enjoy it. Done that with the DA40 and 62 modded by "Mrtommymxr" for example. A huge effort and a great outcome. On the other hand, when I pay 30 or 40€ for a twin that's supposed to be a real dealbreaker I expect it to be exactly that and if it's not I've learned a lesson. I payed a lot of money for the FlyingIron Spitfire and after many updates of the sim and the airplane it's become a real joy to fly with a lot of system depth. But I know that they haven't even tried to reproduce the A2A Spitfire at any time and I have never expected the engine to behave like the one I was used to in P3D. Fine for me, really. It overheats, it fails if treated badly and it's great fun in VR. But it will be different when I'll purchase an A2A airplane for MSFS. I have known for many years what Scott and his team have been capable of, I have known and learned to fly with Accusim since the B377 (or P47 first?) and if A2A were to release anything less than a big improvement to their excellent Bonanza I would really be disappointed, no matter the price. It's a built up expectation out of experience with the in my opinion best developer ever. It's not about a perfect system simulation aka PMDG or FSL, or great visuals, although it doubtlessly is! It's about that incredible immersive and impressive feeling that only A2A have always managed to code into their little world when you sit into an A2A aircraft and turn the key. It's a very special feeling no other developer has ever managed to give to me, regardless of how many digits the price tag had.

Edit: Oh there is one airplane that made me feel the same: that 10€ Tiger Moth by Ant's Airplanes ;)

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 22:34
Solareagle wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 22:15

Just musing here folks.
Dudley Henriques
We realize that. We design our planes with several types of people in mind. Naturally we want to get things as close to real as possible for the aviation savvy out there. But on the other hand we realize that there are millions of good average folks out here who for many reasons even though they want to, will never get the chance to realize a dream of flight. We want those people to be able to use our product to get as close to their dream of flight as possible. This is why we created Accusim.
Take me for example. How long do you think I would use a simulated airplane that didn't allow me a feeling of realism? Not long !
On the other hand I get a kick out of putting someone absolutely new to flying in one of our planes and by instructing them allowing them to experience something they possibly couldn't afford to do or possibly not be able to pay for in real life. Seeing the look of wonder and satisfaction on their face as they suddenly realize that they can do it is priceless.
There are all kinds of people who use a flight simulator and their reasons are many and diversified.
The way we look at it here at A2A is that we want people to enjoy aviation as much as we do.
I guess when it's all been said and done, THIS is what it's all about.
Dudley Henriques
Good to see a sensible voice of reason here instead of the one-sided and ill-considered comments by some.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

MarcE wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 01:13 For me it all depends on the plane I fly or rather what the developer sells me. If it's a mod for a default airplane, freeware with a lot of spare time put in I take the best of it and enjoy it. Done that with the DA40 and 62 modded by "Mrtommymxr" for example. A huge effort and a great outcome. On the other hand, when I pay 30 or 40€ for a twin that's supposed to be a real dealbreaker I expect it to be exactly that and if it's not I've learned a lesson. I payed a lot of money for the FlyingIron Spitfire and after many updates of the sim and the airplane it's become a real joy to fly with a lot of system depth. But I know that they haven't even tried to reproduce the A2A Spitfire at any time and I have never expected the engine to behave like the one I was used to in P3D. Fine for me, really. It overheats, it fails if treated badly and it's great fun in VR. But it will be different when I'll purchase an A2A airplane for MSFS. I have known for many years what Scott and his team have been capable of, I have known and learned to fly with Accusim since the B377 (or P47 first?) and if A2A were to release anything less than a big improvement to their excellent Bonanza I would really be disappointed, no matter the price. It's a built up expectation out of experience with the in my opinion best developer ever. It's not about a perfect system simulation aka PMDG or FSL, or great visuals, although it doubtlessly is! It's about that incredible immersive and impressive feeling that only A2A have always managed to code into their little world when you sit into an A2A aircraft and turn the key. It's a very special feeling no other developer has ever managed to give to me, regardless of how many digits the price tag had.

Edit: Oh there is one airplane that made me feel the same: that 10€ Tiger Moth by Ant's Airplanes ;)
Exactly! Some studios are able to put out absolutely excellent addons, which looks amazing, sound great and fly by the book. But only A2A really was able to give their aircraft a soul. You never knew if something would happen. You pay more attention.
The PMDG DC6 is great. But even the MSFS version cannot stand against the 12 years old B377 with COTS. The atmosphere, the system depth are still unmatched today IMO (including by the L049).

Still hoping to see it in MSFS one fine day.
Kind regards, Matthias

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Daube wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 03:20 Just for info, you can download the scenery in advance (pre-cache) during the night to enjoy it in next flights ;)
And my brother still has a DSL line at his home, with a max download speed of 12 to 15 Mbit/sec if I remember correctly, and MSFS works flawless.
I believe the pre-caching is mainly for photogrammetry areas, plus some other small data sets like perhaps autogen placement and/or vector data (not sure).

If you try to pre-cache a non-photogrammetry data, you'll find the size of the cache is very small (a few KB up to a few hundred KB). It won't cache the Bing Maps aerials for instance. At least that was my experience and understanding so far. It may be wrong.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”