A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by ClipperLuna »

Heck I'm still on P3D V4 and I still find it satisfactory (am I the only one left still using version 4?)

R
Last edited by ClipperLuna on 14 Dec 2021, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

No, many still using P3D but not many developers continue to support P3D going forward.

Being the "old gas bag" that I am, I don't find the MSFS visuals enticing enough to stop using a platform that works and is paid for ... who would have thought old farts would like more candy ... maybe the child never really left.

MSFS is nice, but I'm not sure it's going in the direction I would like it in terms of my hardcore simulation desires (multi-view/monitor, physical GNS/GTN device support, limited LoD Radius, pour performance with photogrammetry and long pauses, brain dead AI, no ATC replacement, no GSX replacement, etc.). But from a business perspective, it's captured a larger user base (about 2.3 Million, not as large as I would have hoped but considerably more than P3D/XP).

Hoping the PMDG issues with DC-6 and XBOX doesn't translate to the same issues for A2A. If MS/Asobo's choice to use WASM as part of the SDK really isn't platform independent then that's a not good for any aircraft developer. Apparently Aerosoft "shapped" the SDK, maybe that's why ;)

Cheers, Rob.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I wonder what the customer base is for X Plane and all the versions of P3D?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

ClipperLuna wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 11:18 Heck I'm still on P3D V4 and I still find it satisfactory (am I the only one left still using version 4?)

R

I'm still running P3DV4.5 and like you, find it quite satisfactory aside from it's FSX hang ups. If I run it from a clean boot, it's fine and Orbx scenery adds a lot too it. Plus the A2A fleet as well. :D If I want to sim, this is still my go to platform. As Dudley so rightly says, thanks to Asobo/MS having a marketing hat on, MSFS is more for sight seeing.

I didn't upgrade to P3DV5 both due to the expense and also the lighting issues in the early versions. I was always going to wait until V5.1 came out anyway, but with MSFS announcing a release of that sim about the same time as P3DV 5 came out, I decided to try MSFS as it's new technology. Still debating as to whether or not I made the right decision, though I'm still convinced that it will be the right way to go once A2A start releasing products for MSFS.

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

ClipperLuna wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 11:18 Heck I'm still on P3D V4 and I still find it satisfactory (am I the only one left still using version 4?)

R
No. You are not. I potter with MSFS, mostly painting the DC-6. But my flying is still done in V4.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

I moved from P3Dv4 to 5.3. Not yet saw the difference as, started on tuesday morning, the Orbx reloading is still not completed...
I don't remember it was that time consuming on v4.

Profs72
Airman

Post by Profs72 »

R
Still using 4.5 here, I don’t see any reason to buy a new sim and have to reinstall everything, if LM rework the lighting engine and do some performance work at some point, maybe I’ll hop over to a newer version if P3D, but for now, not bothered by the visuals I have now, I care more about the accuracy of my planes and scenery.

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

What happen with this:

"For the past 6 months our top priority is building our core business, that are airplanes we create for ourselves (and our community). We have four extremely interesting brand new airplanes in development, all of which we are 80-90% will end up on the MSFS 2020 platform. However until we have one final technical hurdle fixed, I can't make an announcement because if it turns out to not happen (the 10-20% possibility) we will have to take a different path other than MSFS 2020.

We DO expect to know 100% within weeks now, not months."

jsbrewster1
Senior Airman

Post by jsbrewster1 »

In another thread, or maybe earlier in this one, Scott said the hurdle had been overcome and they are working on the Comanche for MSFS now.
Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator
US Air Force (retired)
"...and miles to go before I sleep..." - RF

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

Yeah he said that a long time ago. We are still waiting for a follow up. It sounded like that was the major hurdle, then he said they overcame it. Haven't heard a thing since. Sounds like like silence now.

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

Thankyou guys, let´s trust in the 3 magic kings :P

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Well, maybe not that long ago, but I was always up here looking for the next great "detailed" aircraft to fly. I didn't have that great of an A2A inventory, but probably the best A/C I have ever flown was your P-51. A very good friend flew them during WWII and actually had the A2A plane, which he taught me to fly along with your tutorials.

But I digress...I'm flying MSFS2020 and DCS now. X-Plane and P3D never really drew me in, and I reluctantly gave up FSX mostly because of the A2A stuff. And now that FS2020 has come out with the P-51, it is proving to be painfully insufficient. And so I am coming back up here to find out where you guys are in your FS2020 "plan," as it were. PMDG has an entry, finally, and I wish you could port your iconic P-51 over to the MS sim and get back on track, so I can again come up here and look forward to your products.

Please come back! And bring your great aircraft with you. Know it or not, you are sorely missed!
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

JJJ
Airman

Post by JJJ »

gpbarth wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 11:19
Please come back! And bring your great aircraft with you. Know it or not, you are sorely missed!
+1

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

gpbarth wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 11:19 Please come back! And bring your great aircraft with you. Know it or not, you are sorely missed!
Well said
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

Well, at least if not for new aircraft, this site still provides the odd good joke, and some witty banter.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”