A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
NiceAttitude
Airman Basic

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by NiceAttitude »

gpbarth wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 11:19 A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Well, maybe not that long ago, but I was always up here looking for the next great "detailed" aircraft to fly. I didn't have that great of an A2A inventory, but probably the best A/C I have ever flown was your P-51. A very good friend flew them during WWII and actually had the A2A plane, which he taught me to fly along with your tutorials.

But I digress...I'm flying MSFS2020 and DCS now. X-Plane and P3D never really drew me in, and I reluctantly gave up FSX mostly because of the A2A stuff. And now that FS2020 has come out with the P-51, it is proving to be painfully insufficient. And so I am coming back up here to find out where you guys are in your FS2020 "plan," as it were. PMDG has an entry, finally, and I wish you could port your iconic P-51 over to the MS sim and get back on track, so I can again come up here and look forward to your products.

Please come back! And bring your great aircraft with you. Know it or not, you are sorely missed!
I registered an account just to agree with this post,

Ever since FS2020 was announced, I have been waiting for the announcement that I can fly the a2a P-51!

I also really miss the Bonanza, the Skylane and the Comanche.

I have been enjoying the new flight sim, it looks fantastic and performs better than p3d in my opinion. But mostly it just makes me wish I had that a2a quality!!

cesdash8
Airman Basic

Post by cesdash8 »

ClipperLuna wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 11:18 Heck I'm still on P3D V4 and I still find it satisfactory (am I the only one left still using version 4?)

R
I totally agree with you Clipper! I'm still using P3D v.4. I've been in the sim world since the old 5 1/4" floppy days :D and used the subLogic product which was very good for its time. Now I use P3D v. 4 and XP 11.53 (since v. 5). I have no intention whatever in going to a subscription model should that suddenly appear out of Asobo's sleeve.

I've basically given up on ever continuing to use MSFS. As some have said poor/no support for triple monitors let alone RXP and RSG GTN 750, etc. I only tried to use MSFS the other day when I discovered that someone at Elite and FSUIPC wrote some software so I could use my Avionics 3000 panel. I really dislike using a mouse for adjusting the radios.

I really feel that A2A has done an outstanding job. Accusim and their aircraft are superior.

As far as I'm concerned, MS and Asobo have laid a rotten egg

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

My guess is A2A will release planes to MSFS2020 when the sim becomes ready as flight simulator and not as arcade game.
Pat

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

cesdash8 wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 13:34
ClipperLuna wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 11:18 Heck I'm still on P3D V4 and I still find it satisfactory (am I the only one left still using version 4?)

R
I have no intention whatever in going to a subscription model should that suddenly appear out of Asobo's sleeve.
Almost 2 years on, and there is no sign of this ever going to subscription. To do so would be to shoot themselves in the foot at this point, and MSFS would quickly go the way of MS Flight.

MSFS has not been a egg of any sort. There is already quite a bit of support for it, and all the major players are developing for it. You're just spoiled by A2A to the point that you cannot enjoy MSFS for what it is. As for the 3 monitor support, meh, most people are not flying the simulator that way as they are A) on consoles, B) using VR or C) using TrackIR/Eye Tracker, and the stats that they release with what they are working on compared to what is being requested support this, while the largest group are still playing on a single monitor. So while I am not saying multi-monitor support won't come, it is not a priority because it's not what most users need/want. The most vocal groups have been the VR and TrackIR users, and they have made a lot of improvements in this area, though more work needs to be done. Scott indicated that work was progressing on the Comanche for MSFS, when that comes out, I'll jump on it quick because I loved it in P3Dv3 but, just because A2A is not there yet, doesn't mean I cannot compromise and accept the current state of the simulator because I remember FS2004 and FSX way before Shockwave/A2A even entered onto the scene. My point, is that my enjoyment of anything doesn't hinge on one thing or another. Hell, I still enjoy building with Lego Technic and cardboard boxes, not because I can't afford to do better(Legos aren't cheap though) but because I can fill the gaps myself and if immersion is that easily broken for you, well, then you are going to have a bad time till Holodeck technology is a thing. You'll ~always have to compromise something until things become indistinguishable from reality, and brother, we can't even get beyond the Uncanny Valley at this point.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

KKoskey
Airman Basic

Post by KKoskey »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 23:49
cesdash8 wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 13:34

R
I have no intention whatever in going to a subscription model should that suddenly appear out of Asobo's sleeve.
Almost 2 years on, and there is no sign of this ever going to subscription. To do so would be to shoot themselves in the foot at this point, and MSFS would quickly go the way of MS Flight.

MSFS has not been a egg of any sort. There is already quite a bit of support for it, and all the major players are developing for it. You're just spoiled by A2A to the point that you cannot enjoy MSFS for what it is. As for the 3 monitor support, meh, most people are not flying the simulator that way as they are A) on consoles, B) using VR or C) using TrackIR/Eye Tracker, and the stats that they release with what they are working on compared to what is being requested support this, while the largest group are still playing on a single monitor. So while I am not saying multi-monitor support won't come, it is not a priority because it's not what most users need/want. The most vocal groups have been the VR and TrackIR users, and they have made a lot of improvements in this area, though more work needs to be done. Scott indicated that work was progressing on the Comanche for MSFS, when that comes out, I'll jump on it quick because I loved it in P3Dv3 but, just because A2A is not there yet, doesn't mean I cannot compromise and accept the current state of the simulator because I remember FS2004 and FSX way before Shockwave/A2A even entered onto the scene. My point, is that my enjoyment of anything doesn't hinge on one thing or another. Hell, I still enjoy building with Lego Technic and cardboard boxes, not because I can't afford to do better(Legos aren't cheap though) but because I can fill the gaps myself and if immersion is that easily broken for you, well, then you are going to have a bad time till Holodeck technology is a thing. You'll ~always have to compromise something until things become indistinguishable from reality, and brother, we can't even get beyond the Uncanny Valley at this point.
If you ask me, the vocal minority shouldn't override the voice of the people who have a true appreciation for realism when it comes to flight simulation.

I can't fly an RNAV GPS approach into a small GA airport since they don't exist in the GPS, even though they supposedly have some sort of subscription to a nav database. There are no towers or charted obstructions in the simulator (game), even though I am able to fly over my house and see it. The hangars at many GA airports are flat and essentially non-existent. The list goes on. There are so many things fundamental to flying are missing from FS2020 while they continue to push updates that don't address any of them. It wouldn't be quite so sad if it weren't for the fact that all of these things existed in FSX straight out of the box over 10 years ago.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

KKoskey wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 23:46
If you ask me, the vocal minority shouldn't override the voice of the people who have a true appreciation for realism when it comes to flight simulation.

I can't fly an RNAV GPS approach into a small GA airport since they don't exist in the GPS, even though they supposedly have some sort of subscription to a nav database. There are no towers or charted obstructions in the simulator (game), even though I am able to fly over my house and see it. The hangars at many GA airports are flat and essentially non-existent. The list goes on. There are so many things fundamental to flying are missing from FS2020 while they continue to push updates that don't address any of them. It wouldn't be quite so sad if it weren't for the fact that all of these things existed in FSX straight out of the box over 10 years ago.
That was kinda my point. It's not the vocal minority, it's the silent majority that is casting the votes for what they would like to see worked on next. Multi-monitor support has moved up that list but there are still a few things that are more desired by the community as a whole. As for this that an the other, being in FSX 10 years ago, you are very, very wrong. My home airport of Plant City Municipal (KPCM), is literally a gray line in the middle of nowhere in default FSX, and even in P3D. That said, default PCM looks almost exactly like the real one that I've flown out of many times over the years, and VerticalSim released a payware addon that made it even better. People see the past through rose colored glasses. Default FSX was horrible, and it took a LOT of scenery to make it look halfway decent, and most of that was because of Orbx, and that was only in certain parts of the world, and you had to pay a fortune for the privilege. Now, while the default MSFS may not be the hand adjusted photogrammetry of Orbx, it is LIGHT YEARS ahead of where FSX stood 10 years ago. Let's also not forget that abysmal default flight model that FSX had. Which is why A2A effectively turns it off and injects their own flight dynamics into it. So many people hated FSX that they stayed with FS2004, and P3D's flight model is essentially the same with little to no work having been done on what is still essentially the ESP/FSX flight model, all of these things are way better MSFS by default, and yes, I can acknowledge there are places that it can be improved but, those improvements will come from the 3rd party creators just like they did for FSX. A2A is a 3rd party developer, they had to work within, around, and in a lot of cases, outside of FSX to get the Accu-Sim aircraft to work. That is a fact that seems to be lost on a lot of people. MSFS is a base, that is still being actively developed by Asobo, and the 3rd party creators are starting to go there because they see both the potential for change and the power of the new platform to do things they never could before and be profitable while doing it. The vocal minority seem to the ones that kick and scream that, "It's not real enough", while hoisting FSX as the bar that was cleared by both P3D and XPlane a long time ago, while forgetting that FSX still to this day has a lot of issues with it, some of which were fixed by Dovetail, and still others by Lockheed-Martin but no one has fixed them all. After awhile you have to move on because you can no longer hitch a horse to a Corvette.
Last edited by ImpendingJoker on 14 Jan 2022, 14:42, edited 3 times in total.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

stusue
Airman Basic

Post by stusue »

So I've been flying the new MSFS for a year now and it's simply fantastic. It was buggy and can at times be a little buggy even now but it's way smoother and more stable than FSX or Prepar 3D. I just bought Aeroplane Heavens Spitfire and it's really beautiful and flies great which kind of breaks my heart because I wanted to fly A2A's Spitfire. But that's not to be. I heard in some forums that A2A may be ready to do some planes for MSFS but on this home website of A2A it's like every one is in denial that the new ship has sailed and it's not going to sink !
It's a shame because MSFS is the new leader of flight simulation.

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

KKoskey wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 23:46I can't fly an RNAV GPS approach into a small GA airport since they don't exist in the GPS, even though they supposedly have some sort of subscription to a nav database.
Maybe you should Google the words MSFS RNAV. Definitely possible.
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

stusue wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 00:29 I heard in some forums that A2A may be ready to do some planes for MSFS but on this home website of A2A it's like every one is in denial that the new ship has sailed and it's not going to sink !
I see great things in MSFS but there are still features lacking in it that I turn to P3D and FSX for; and of course P3D/FSX are the current platforms for Accu-sim aircraft. A2A has expressed a desire to develop for MSFS, but only after certain hurdles are overcome that they haven't elaborated on. They seem confident in going forward now. We as users expect their signature Accu-sim features (instead of just more 3D models using the MSFS flight and systems model), and if that hasn't been possible until now, so be it. But even if A2A got their assembly lines churning again today it's going to take several years to duplicate the current P3D lineup--which still doesn't have all of the Accu-sim aircraft from FSX. Meanwhile the MSFS platform is continuing to evolve, so for now I think it's okay for customers to keep one or both feet planted in P3D and/or FSX until they are comfortable moving into MSFS.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Saucey12
Airman

Post by Saucey12 »

Skycat wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 15:02
stusue wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 00:29 I heard in some forums that A2A may be ready to do some planes for MSFS but on this home website of A2A it's like every one is in denial that the new ship has sailed and it's not going to sink !
I see great things in MSFS but there are still features lacking in it that I turn to P3D and FSX for; and of course P3D/FSX are the current platforms for Accu-sim aircraft. A2A has expressed a desire to develop for MSFS, but only after certain hurdles are overcome that they haven't elaborated on. They seem confident in going forward now. We as users expect their signature Accu-sim features (instead of just more 3D models using the MSFS flight and systems model), and if that hasn't been possible until now, so be it. But even if A2A got their assembly lines churning again today it's going to take several years to duplicate the current P3D lineup--which still doesn't have all of the Accu-sim aircraft from FSX. Meanwhile the MSFS platform is continuing to evolve, so for now I think it's okay for customers to keep one or both feet planted in P3D and/or FSX until they are comfortable moving into MSFS.
I agree with you. If you can do without the MSFS scenery depiction and want real world feel.. Go back to accu-sim with fsx or p3d.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Saucey12 wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 14:22 I agree with you. If you can do without the MSFS scenery depiction and want real world feel.. Go back to accu-sim with fsx or p3d.
my problem exactly, I can't do without the scenery.
I'm a geologist, I make my living looking at the Earth, and FSX (what's that again?) or P3D are just not up to scratch for me. I tried, and I hated it. I know, I'm spoiled by the eye-candy, but fact is I am really really happy with it. That is my real world feel, not the aircraft models. I've been going over this thread, and I see a lot of "I stay with the old stuff as long as there is no A2A", but although I miss the B-17, the P47 and the P-51, there really is no way back for me. So come on A2A, break the silence, and gives us something to look forward to...please?
And if not, I'll live without them.
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

jcblom wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 11:31 my problem exactly, I can't do without the scenery.
I'm a geologist, I make my living looking at the Earth, and FSX (what's that again?) or P3D are just not up to scratch for me. I tried, and I hated it. I know, I'm spoiled by the eye-candy, but fact is I am really really happy with it. That is my real world feel, not the aircraft models. I've been going over this thread, and I see a lot of "I stay with the old stuff as long as there is no A2A", but although I miss the B-17, the P47 and the P-51, there really is no way back for me. So come on A2A, break the silence, and gives us something to look forward to...please?
And if not, I'll live without them.
I agree with you. As much as it pains me to say. But I tried going back and flying the P-51 or the Bonanza but I just can’t get myself to enjoy it with the scenery. Even orbx looks dull in FSX/P3D.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I think better stay with FSX and P3D v4 and v5. MSFS2020 still not stable yet.
Patricio Valdes

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

jeepinforfun wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 15:05 Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”