A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by Dogsbody55 »

FAC257 wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 05:29 Back in the 70's, the grass airstrip I was learning to fly from was mainly used for crop dusting. Orange trees right up to both sides of the runway, with orange trees at one end and the chemical tank at the other end. My instructor was either one of the crop-dusting pilots or just a little nuts. Shortly after one take-off he took the wheel and stood our Cessna 150 pretty much up on its wing tips and did an S-turn. Rolling one way and then reverse turn the other way, just over the tops of the trees. I remember thinking if the door fell open, I could pick oranges. :)

Once he leveled off and handed the aircraft back to me, he said he just wanted to show me that I didn't have to worry about breaking the plane. Now keep in mind that this is the same guy who told me if I smoked a joint before coming out to take lessons, it would help me fly better. LOL

Forest
I think you'll find that such aerobatics can be explained by the weight saving caused by your pilot being higher than your plane. :lol: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

robains wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 21:12 You folks must be some of the worlds best pilots ... I tried many of the default and payware light GAs in MSFS and crosswind landings felt about as realistic as GTA V flight physics.

I don't know how A2A are going to overcome the weather/wind issues in MSFS even with Accusim?
They have made several modifications to the flight model which greatly changed the behavior of the planes in crosswinds. In the previous versions it was nearly impossible to takeoff or land straight with crosswinds, but since a few updates it got much better. One important thing I think, is how MSFS deals with ground contacts. It's closer to XPlane11 than the FSX-P4Dv4 (not sure for v5). Wheels actually behave like wheels, the plane is not sliding sideways no matter where your nose is pointed at. The effect might still need a few adjustments, but at least the logic is right.

Another nice thing I could finally do in MSFS is side-slips to lose altitude. This is quite efficient, while in FSX or P3D I could never really perform that move properly, excepted with an Accusim plane (Cherokee) maybe...

jackwall
Airman

Post by jackwall »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 00:15 I would agree that Asobo have improved the stock planes in comparison to FSX/P3D, but they're still way short of the mark probably to make the game more acceptable to the casual users and Xbox gamers.
Good point there ... with most falling into one of these two categories (casual / xbox) in any case, without such a setup, (default models in base flight sim product), where would the opportunity be for 3rd party developers.

A2A and PMDG are, imho, the flagship developers and they are more expensive and take longer to get to market.
@Heater, I get the reason for posting, heresy aside (LOL).
Fact is, today's communication models are high frequency, lower content type models. A constant blip is expected and any apparent or perceived gap in the comms channel activity triggers the concern, what's going on. To be clear, I recognise this 'communication model' as a sign of the times only.
I'm certainly not putting any of this directly at the door of the OP. For what it's worth, it's clearly scratched an itch here.

That the Comanche is leading out for A2A's MSFS2020 portfolio is awesome news and that Accu-Sim is coming along is music to many ears.
That those of us using P3D and FSX may face a personal decision on whether to migrate onto MSFS2020 with A2A products in the future is surely a worthwhile 'problem' to have!

S!

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

jackwall wrote: 22 Apr 2022, 04:50
Dogsbody55 wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 00:15 I would agree that Asobo have improved the stock planes in comparison to FSX/P3D, but they're still way short of the mark probably to make the game more acceptable to the casual users and Xbox gamers.
Good point there ... with most falling into one of these two categories (casual / xbox) in any case, without such a setup, (default models in base flight sim product), where would the opportunity be for 3rd party developers.

S!
I really don't know why this is always brought up. Every version of FS has been targeted at the casual user in their base form. That said, it took everyone in this forum hundreds if not thousands of dollars to make FSX/P3D into the be all end all of flight sims. People tend to forget that the default FSX/P3D flight model is abysmal, and it's the reason that everyone here flies A2A because A2A turns off that less than stellar flight model and injects their own. MSFS is not being geared this way anymore than previous versions were. It will fall onto 3rd party developers as it did in the past to make MSFS into the next be all end all simulator. When A2A gets the Comanche up and running and using Accu-Sim tech to power it, will you then say, "This is way better than FSX/P3D"? I say this because people forget how bad FSX was in the beginning, and it really wasn't that great until Orbx, A2A, and PMDG started to more heavily develop for it but, then it pretty much ceased to be FSX/P3D at that point. All the versions of FS were sent out and other 3rd party companies made them better, but in the case of the current MSFS, Asobo is still doing active development for it, and shows no signs of stopping.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 20:47 I really don't know why this is always brought up. Every version of FS has been targeted at the casual user in their base form. That said, it took everyone in this forum hundreds if not thousands of dollars to make FSX/P3D into the be all end all of flight sims. People tend to forget that the default FSX/P3D flight model is abysmal, and it's the reason that everyone here flies A2A because A2A turns off that less than stellar flight model and injects their own. MSFS is not being geared this way anymore than previous versions were. It will fall onto 3rd party developers as it did in the past to make MSFS into the next be all end all simulator. When A2A gets the Comanche up and running and using Accu-Sim tech to power it, will you then say, "This is way better than FSX/P3D"? I say this because people forget how bad FSX was in the beginning, and it really wasn't that great until Orbx, A2A, and PMDG started to more heavily develop for it but, then it pretty much ceased to be FSX/P3D at that point. All the versions of FS were sent out and other 3rd party companies made them better, but in the case of the current MSFS, Asobo is still doing active development for it, and shows no signs of stopping.
I could not have said it better.

I agree 100%
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

mlody147
Airman Basic

Post by mlody147 »

Still nothing with the Comanche...?? Anything...? :cry:

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

Nope....

And don't be too loud... people here don't like to talk about it.

Now hide before they arrive 🤐

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Post by Seat7A »

It is not the absence of Comanche that is the problem. It is that A2A treats its loyal customers disrespectfully through the total lack of information. In the fall of 2021, we were told that it was not a matter of months but weeks. We have been promised info in the form of videos and I don't know what but nothing happens. Everything is like a graveyard. Excuse me for writing what I think and feel. I know it will be rubbished by those who know so much more than me.

/Thomas
Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Seat7A wrote: 21 May 2022, 13:47 It is not the absence of Comanche that is the problem. It is that A2A treats its loyal customers disrespectfully through the total lack of information. In the fall of 2021, we were told that it was not a matter of months but weeks. We have been promised info in the form of videos and I don't know what but nothing happens. Everything is like a graveyard. Excuse me for writing what I think and feel. I know it will be rubbished by those who know so much more than me.

/Thomas
I really hate to see a post like this one. I completely understand how people could be upset but I don't understand people who take such a negative position without knowing what is actually happening.
If there has been a "total lack of information" which there hasn't, it's because we are deep into developing the Comanche and have been as much in the dark concerning some aspects of what's happening as all of you have been due to the fact that we have to wait while others outside our company do their work so we can do ours.
We haven't reported as often as you might have liked because there have been hurdles concerning our Accusim program and how we need to interface that with FS2020 that need time to play out.
You have to understand that it's not just A2A involved in this equation. There are others outside our A2A family who are involved. There are things that have to happen that we have no control over before we can proceed.
I realize also that there are other developers out here who have released excellent products to FS2020. We could have done the same thing. The reason we haven't released is that we believe what we have coming is heads and shoulders ABOVE what has been released already..........so we wait, and we continue working on what will shortly be what we believe will be the finest aircraft yet released for FS2020.
I'm not going to blow sunshine up your ass and throw you a lot of crap on this. The Comanche is in the works. Just this week we have decided to add a feature not yet even conceived in FS2020.
The team is busy working on this as we speak.
There WILL be a film coming and I think when it comes you will see that what we have done and are doing was worth the aggravation.
We intend to give you the finest GA single engine airplane you could ever imagine for FS2020.
I know the wait has been long and frustrating. But trust me. A2A is on your side.
I will be getting the Comanche soon and when I do I'll be working closely with Scott and the team fine tuning the flight model for you making it study level.
So hang in there.
Dudley Henriques

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Thanks, Dudley! I can wait.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 May 2022, 14:51
Just this week we have decided to add a feature not yet even conceived in FS2020.
Dudley Henriques
Oh come ON! You can’t leave a morsel like that hanging scant centimeters from our slavering mouths! What IS this feature you speak of?

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Waffler11 wrote: 21 May 2022, 20:40 Oh come ON! You can’t leave a morsel like that hanging scant centimeters from our slavering mouths! What IS this feature you speak of?
A dog as a passenger? :mrgreen:

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Waffler11 wrote: 21 May 2022, 20:40
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 May 2022, 14:51
Just this week we have decided to add a feature not yet even conceived in FS2020.
Dudley Henriques
Oh come ON! You can’t leave a morsel like that hanging scant centimeters from our slavering mouths! What IS this feature you speak of?
It wasn't meant to be a teaser, just a fact. When the time is right Scott will be the one to announce what we are doing. All I can tell you is that I talked with Scott today and he is VERY excited about what's happening.
It's going to take a bit of time to get it done so hang in.
Dudley Henriques

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Any news on the Comanche? Asking for a friend.

What? What? :o
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”