Silly thought...an a2a Chipmunk!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Bixby
Airman First Class

Silly thought...an a2a Chipmunk!

Post by Bixby »

I would love to see A2A make one.

Yay or nay?

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Re: Silly thought...an a2a Chipmunk!

Post by Adam_NZ »

Bixby wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 22:11 I would love to see A2A make one.

Yay or nay?
A definite YAY from me. My first ever flight (in anything) was in a "Chippie".
--
Image--Image

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I'm all-in!!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

A good thought, not silly. I was in the market for a Chipmunk a while back as it's a great airplane, adored by the Brits and for good reason. It's not in any short term plans but it's not out of the question for accusim someday as they are still quite accessible.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bixby
Airman First Class

Post by Bixby »

Good to hear that Scott. I feel the chipmunk is some what like the AT6 Texan/Harvard ( which I fly your wonderful rendition of} and your Cub. Simple enough to maybe create for the new MSF sim which I will not purchase until A2A gets into it.

Love you all and this forum!......Terry aka Bixby.

Bixby
Airman First Class

Post by Bixby »

BTW...I transferred over the Just Flight Chippie when I moved to P3D last week. I enjoy it alot but kept thinking that you all could do wonders with this bird!

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

An A2A Chipmunk is a great idea!
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Post by thomas_mac »

Would love this, the poor man's spitfire! One of the books on my wish list has been this one.

bucky60
Airman

Post by bucky60 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 13:44 A good thought, not silly. I was in the market for a Chipmunk a while back as it's a great airplane, adored by the Brits and for good reason. It's not in any short term plans but it's not out of the question for accusim someday as they are still quite accessible.

Scott
Piper Tripacer?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

bucky60 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 15:36 Piper Tripacer?
That's a good one too, but the thing is we really like to model airplanes mega deep, as many here know. This usually means, ideally, we want complete and full access to an airplane. Owning the airplane to Accu-Sim is the ideal situation but since this isn't always possible we largely base our next aircraft choice on having this full and complete access.

However, there are other possibilities as we have been developing our Accu-Sim flight dynamics to be able to simulate anything from a prop to a jet, rocket, helicopter car or even a spaceship. Our first prototype is almost ready for us to start developing with. It's all very exciting stuff and I can't wait to share and announce these new features.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

Scott - A2A wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 16:25
bucky60 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 15:36 Piper Tripacer?
That's a good one too, but the thing is we really like to model airplanes mega deep, as many here know. This usually means, ideally, we want complete and full access to an airplane. Owning the airplane to Accu-Sim is the ideal situation but since this isn't always possible we largely base our next aircraft choice on having this full and complete access.

However, there are other possibilities as we have been developing our Accu-Sim flight dynamics to be able to simulate anything from a prop to a jet, rocket, helicopter car or even a spaceship. Our first prototype is almost ready for us to start developing with. It's all very exciting stuff and I can't wait to share and announce these new features.

Scott
This is so exciting, Scott. We're all looking forward to that !!!

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

imagine my silly face reading Scott's latest comment... prototype for WHAT exactly of those mentioned... euhm... "models" :D

I won't get an official answer on that though at the moment :D But it's funny to think of Scott sitting on a table with Elon and talking rocket and car science with Dudley sitting in the background with a hugh facepalm xD

In all seriousness though,

I've been a customer of A2A since the release of the Accusim module for the P-47. Since then I have purchased every single model and flown it extensively, I admit, the C182 came a little short but that's a real life bias. In all these years, flying the Stratocruiser across the Pacific or the P40 or Spitfire through canyons and Mach loops, making nonsense with the Cub or serious IFR and engine studies in the Bo, I have always admired and been astonished by the amazing detail that Accusim brings to a "simple" 3D model in a "simple" look-up table sim as FSX and P3D. There are many amazingly good addon developers for P3D, every one of them have their strengths in certain areas, be it to get the best performance out of a highly complex flying computer, modelling flight characteristics and systems so accurately that you could make a type rating in it, etc.. But although A2A "only" produce something as simple as SEP aircraft with a "boring" Lycoming engine they have managed to build a feel of flying and life into their models that really no other developer has done. It's hard to really get a ranking of the "best" developer for P3D as there are simply too many categories and differences as well as expectations of the target audience but I personally, while I love so many addons, tubes or warbirds, I feel most comfortable and immersed in an A2A addon. And thinking of that the future might even extend this even more with the beautiful scenery and lighting that comes with MSFS and the progressing power and quality of computers and VR systems it takes my breath. I really can't wait for the "holy f***" of the sim community ;)

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

MarcE wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 04:45 imagine my silly face reading Scott's latest comment... prototype for WHAT exactly of those mentioned... euhm... "models" :D
I read that as the prototype for the new Accusim.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”