Scott, can you tell us your flight experience, please?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Scott, can you tell us your flight experience, please?

Post by Alfredson007 »

While we all wait for A2A planes for MSFS, in the meantime would be cool and inspiring to hear your flight experience thruout time.

I think i've seen a photo a of a logbook that had spitfire time in it! I at least would be very interested to hear how many hours Scott you have been flying in general, type of planes, highlight moments, certifications, ownerships, best plane ever flown etc etc. If you find extra time, i think many of us would be very interested too.

This goes for Mr Dudley aswell :)

Thanks!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Scott, can you tell us your flight experience, please?

Post by Scott - A2A »

We've talked about this among the team quite a bit. We've become sensitive to the fact we've been off the grid, so to speak for so long. And all our community really wants to hear, and for good reason is, what's next and when. I wonder if it would help to talk about aviation and flying for real in airplanes that may be a very long time from coming out. We've sort of moved to the position of coming out with something clear and solid. And we still have one final roadblock to overcome.

Lastly, we need an element of surprise for our next product especially in terms of the technology going into it. So even if we have a clear path, we won't be able to spell it out until that product is close to being ready for release.

We have a team meeting tomorrow and I'll bring this up and we'll see how the team feels about this now though. Thanks for asking.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Alfredson007 wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 03:52 While we all wait for A2A planes for MSFS, in the meantime would be cool and inspiring to hear your flight experience thruout time.

I think i've seen a photo a of a logbook that had spitfire time in it! I at least would be very interested to hear how many hours Scott you have been flying in general, type of planes, highlight moments, certifications, ownerships, best plane ever flown etc etc. If you find extra time, i think many of us would be very interested too.

Thanks!
Well.......my flying days are behind me but this bio covers a lot of it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJL ... sp=sharing

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 09:50
Alfredson007 wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 03:52 While we all wait for A2A planes for MSFS, in the meantime would be cool and inspiring to hear your flight experience thruout time.

Thanks!

"During his career he flew 72 different types of aircraft including experimentals, prototypes, and high performance military aircraft both propeller and jet."
I don't know what's better, driving F1 cars for a living, or this :mrgreen:

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Marvin-E34 wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 10:04
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 09:50

Thanks!

"During his career he flew 72 different types of aircraft including experimentals, prototypes, and high performance military aircraft both propeller and jet."
I don't know what's better, driving F1 cars for a living, or this :mrgreen:
LOL. Well............each one has its up and down moments for sure.
DH

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Wish I could sit and hear your many aviation stories Dudley. You have lived a very interesting life.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

twsharp12 wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 10:39 Wish I could sit and hear your many aviation stories Dudley. You have lived a very interesting life.
The problem with that is that at my age (84) I can't remember most of them. :-)))))))))))))))

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

In aviation it's rather rare that you hang behind a safety car ^^

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I said to my wife last night (and have said and thought this so often) how I wish I could flown with Dudley. To see him in action. However, his memory is extraordinary and I've been the lucky recipient of so much of his knowledge and wisdom, admittedly will never fill his shoes in terms of real aviation. Dud is through and throughout a pilot (and obviously a great one). I am a flight sim nut AND a pilot. There's quite a difference.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 10:49 The problem with that is that at my age (84) I can't remember most of them. :-)))))))))))))))
🤣🤣🤣
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 08:02 I said to my wife last night (and have said and thought this so often) how I wish I could flown with Dudley. To see him in action. However, his memory is extraordinary and I've been the lucky recipient of so much of his knowledge and wisdom, admittedly will never fill his shoes in terms of real aviation. Dud is through and throughout a pilot (and obviously a great one). I am a flight sim nut AND a pilot. There's quite a difference.

Scott
Although it's obvious to anyone who knows both Scott and myself that we are extremely close friends, I would add this to what Scott has said about me.
Through the years I have known Scott we have discussed flying on every level possible. In a relationship as close as ours one can't help but become familiar with the other's thoughts and the level of their personal skill sets on a subject as specific as flying an airplane.
Based on these facts I would place Scott as one of the most knowledgeable and competent pilots I have ever known and I would fly down the barrel of a cannon with him tomorrow.
Dudley Henriques

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 09:28
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 10:49 The problem with that is that at my age (84) I can't remember most of them. :-)))))))))))))))
🤣🤣🤣
Oh, that is so not funny. I sit down to breakfast opposite a woman that looks vaguely familiar and wish her a "Good morning. And you are?" :roll:

I wouldn't mind but she replies "I don't speak to strange men. Now bugger off and find your own table"
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Ron Attwood wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 14:47
Piper_EEWL wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 09:28
🤣🤣🤣
Oh, that is so not funny. I sit down to breakfast opposite a woman that looks vaguely familiar and wish her a "Good morning. And you are?" :roll:

I wouldn't mind but she replies "I don't speak to strange men. Now bugger off and find your own table"
Damn. Exactly something like that sometimes happened to me, but only years back - during my late teens / early twenties. Without exception, all the people I could remember the names of owed me some money I thought. I guess at least that part changes with age.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”