Need help please

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Need help please

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there. My hard drive died on me a few days ago and I had to get a new computer. After transferring all my disks onto an external hard drive from my laptop ( it has a disk drive and my new computer does not ) I was able to run FSX Gold on my new computer with all of my A2A aircraft. After about 15 to 20 min flight time it said thank you for trying Microsoft FSX. Problem is that when I installed the first 2 disks I was able to insert the key from the box but when I loaded the 3rd disk which is labeled Flight Simulator Expansion Pack an error came up and would not let me enter the key that I have for this disk. I am running Windows 10 on my new system. All help with this problem would be greatly appreciated as I am grounded now :(

Thank you for your help in advance :)

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Need help please

Post by Skycat »

I have the origibal DVD discs and TBH I haven't bothered with them since the FSX Steam Edition came out. There are sound reasons for 'upgrading' to the Steam version. That said, I know FSX:SE doesn't appeal to everybody, for various individual reasons.

An external DVD-ROM drive could be the solution. I got one at "Big Box Store" for about $50. If you have other games/addons/software on polycarbonate discs that you may wish to use in the future this is an option worth considering. (I used mine to install my old Jane's WWII Fighters game recently onto my gaming PC.)

There may also be an ISO file of the FSX Gold discs that may be downloaded and then mounted with Daemon Tools Light. This solution probably will tread into piracy territory and maybe introduce malware besides. If you are able to make an ISO of your own discs and transfer them to your computer, that would be better.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Thank you for you reply. happy now I found the solution I needed by changing the reg key in the system for FSX. Up and flying again.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm glad you got it sorted out.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”