MFG rudder pedals

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

MFG rudder pedals

Post by dvm »

MFG has finally come up with heals on the floor replacement pedals. I had to make my own.
https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudder-acessorie ... swind.html

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: MFG rudder pedals

Post by AKar »

Thinking about finally getting MFG v3 pedals to replace my Saitek Combats. I guess they would get an easy recommendation from you? :)

I just noticed they provide optional hydraulic dampers nowadays, I do seriously consider that as well. Too bad I don't think there is a reasonably priced stick on the market with such, these are used in real things and truly make a difference.

-Esa

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I just received an email from MFG and they have expanded their line of footrest kits to include a P51, P47 and Cessna version besides the original ME 109 and a universal combat. I had to make my own footrest several years ago as the original ME 109 version was not to my liking. I know there are quite a few simmers with the MFG pedals out there who will find these more normal style pedals (heels on the floor) more comfortable. They are also on sale at the moment.
https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudder-acessorie ... _universal

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

thanks for the heads up, be eager to know how you getting on with the MFG's now its down the line, how have they held up etc

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 08:12 thanks for the heads up, be eager to know how you getting on with the MFG's now its down the line, how have they held up etc

cheers,
Lewis
Lewis

They are holding up very nicely. They have ball bearings at all pivots that will be very long lived. They have long travel and are very precise and make a world of difference when controlling an A2A warbird on takeoff roll. I am considering adding the hydraulic damper when they are back in stock as they will add a more realistic resistance.
https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudder-acessorie ... r-v12.html

Cheers,
Vince

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

watched pedals for not reason, because don't want to go from twist, but this one with hydraulic stuff only one what i would to got if go from twist, same about realsimulator.com force sensor pro model of f-16 joystick instead my x65f, but price of base+stick 6000+2500 euro lol
sorry for offtopic, but i think this is the best joystick in the world after x65f if watch on price hehehe
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

einherz wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 06:02 watched pedals for not reason, because don't want to go from twist, but this one with hydraulic stuff only one what i would to got if go from twist, same about realsimulator.com force sensor pro model of f-16 joystick instead my x65f, but price of base+stick 6000+2500 euro lol
sorry for offtopic, but i think this is the best joystick in the world after x65f if watch on price hehehe
OK ? If realism is your goal you need a good set of rudder pedals. The twist was an old dance from the late 50s. :D

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

i not adicted to realism, comfort first for me, and use this "dance" for me much more intuitive and convenient than any rudder pedals humanity can create :)
p.s. have to add some correction, realism of controls, and i very addicted for realism of flight model include ac behavior on critical and supercritical aoa, same about avionic, engine modeling, etc. etc. but this not about time before airborn, i'm absolutely ok with use only twist without toe brakes for taxi, btw even a2a models can roll on the ground without using toe brakes, or other words it's modeling by use only rudder pedals(no toe) or twist in my case, on my memory only realair legacy and barones has option for realistic use toe brakes for taxi, but in configurator you can choice to use default simulator ground behavior - use only rudder or if so need different toe brakes use combination of sync both brake + rudder(real spitfire use this pattern btw)
Last edited by einherz on 29 Nov 2021, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

einherz wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 08:10 i not adicted to realism, comfort first for me, and use this "dance" for me much more intuitive and convenient than any rudder pedals humanity can create :)
p.s. have to add some correction, realism of controls, and i very addicted for realism of flight model include ac behavior on critical and supercritical aoa, same about avionic, engine modeling, etc. etc. but this not about time before airborn, i'm absolutely ok with use only twist without toe brakes for taxi, btw even a2a models can roll on the fround without using toe brakes, or other words it's modeling by use only rudder pedals(no toe) or twist in my case, on my memory only realair legacy and barones have option for realistic use toe brakes for taxi, but in configurator you can choice to use default simulator ground behavior - use only rudder or if so need different toe brakes use combination of sync both brake + rudder(real spitfire use this pattern btw)
OK Different strokes for different folks! Pun intended. :roll:

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

khe-he-he :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”