Any News on the MSFS Release of the Aerostar?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Neon
Technical Sergeant

Any News on the MSFS Release of the Aerostar?

Post by Neon »

Really hanging out for this plane in MSFS. Any news? I tried searching for it, but there's a lot of
conflicting information.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Any News on the MSFS Release of the Aerostar?

Post by MarcE »

Latest information is that the Comanche 250 will be first, Aerostar (probably) second. It‘s in the works but it takes longer than the other. I think because they already know the Comanche very well they can just just that ready P3D version and rewrite it for MSFS as a good and trustworthy testbed and compare.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Fingers crossed Heidi will also be ported over to MSFS2020.

jsbrewster1
Senior Airman

Post by jsbrewster1 »

I think the Aerostar is off the table at this point, since they totaled the aircraft they were going to use as a testbed. The Comanche will still be the first release, according to the creators, don't know after that.
Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator
US Air Force (retired)
"...and miles to go before I sleep..." - RF

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

jsbrewster1 wrote: 31 May 2021, 16:31 I think the Aerostar is off the table at this point, since they totaled the aircraft they were going to use as a testbed. The Comanche will still be the first release, according to the creators, don't know after that.
They didn't total the Aerostar. Last i heard it's being repaired.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Just officially completed the insurance claim on the Aerostar. It will be bought by an Aerostar parts supplier and, at the very least, the interior will be gutted if this airframe is to ever fly again. There is a 2" thick spinal chord like mass of electrical cabling that goes along the right side, from the rear to the front. My guess is at least 1/2 the wires in this chord end up nowhere behind the panel from years of avionics being replaced. Gutting the interior, panel, etc. and re-wiring the airplane was something I knew had to happen at some point but now I'm placing this as a requirement from wherever this airplane ends up. So it may end up being completely restored or may end up being parted out.

Needless to say we won't be flying the Aerostar anymore but the good news is, for Accu-Sim, we have most all we need to simulate it. And if I ever need more data there are Aerostar owners that would allow us to test using their airplane.

Scott

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Thanks for that, i missed that one.

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

twsharp12 wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 08:09
Just officially completed the insurance claim on the Aerostar. It will be bought by an Aerostar parts supplier and, at the very least, the interior will be gutted if this airframe is to ever fly again. There is a 2" thick spinal chord like mass of electrical cabling that goes along the right side, from the rear to the front. My guess is at least 1/2 the wires in this chord end up nowhere behind the panel from years of avionics being replaced. Gutting the interior, panel, etc. and re-wiring the airplane was something I knew had to happen at some point but now I'm placing this as a requirement from wherever this airplane ends up. So it may end up being completely restored or may end up being parted out.

Needless to say we won't be flying the Aerostar anymore but the good news is, for Accu-Sim, we have most all we need to simulate it. And if I ever need more data there are Aerostar owners that would allow us to test using their airplane.

Scott
Oh No! What happened to it? First I heard of it! Such a awesome plane to end up like this. At least you got all the data
you needed to sim it. I can't wait to fly it, I have subbed to a few Aerostar channels and love watching this bird fly. Can't
wait! :D

Hope your bird flies again at some point by someone. Hate seeing planes end up as parts.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”