P-51 Mustang

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
RockyFL410
Airman Basic

P-51 Mustang

Post by RockyFL410 »

I purchase the software for download and unable to resolve an installation problem. I follow the instructions and download and install the software. When I click on finish I get the confirmation that the software has been installed. When I open the file it takes me back to the download page again...

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: P-51 Mustang

Post by cristi.neagu »

Which file takes you back to the download page again?

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

You then open the sim into which you have installed the aircraft. It will show up there, and you can fly it.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Rocky,

If you can let us know which host sim you're using, and which P-51 product you're trying to install (there are a few available from A2A), we'll be better able to help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RockyFL410
Airman Basic

Post by RockyFL410 »

After the install, I go to my files..and hit enter for the program, then right-click to open and it takes me back to download...Is this a stand-alone program or an additional aircraft for Microsoft Flight Sim or X plane..The program doesn't show up when I look on the program list for Microsft...

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Rocky,

A2A has always been a developer of addon aircraft for FSX and P3D up to the latest version. None of their aircraft are stand-alone products, which would come with its own world to fly in. So you purchased an addon for a simulator. However you said that it installed successfully so you must have this sim installed as far as I know, the installation wouldn't have proceeded otherwise.

It doesn't help much if you only say "the program" or "the program list". Please name it. We can't look over your shoulder and need every information you can deliver.

RockyFL410
Airman Basic

Post by RockyFL410 »

OK thanks...guess I don't understand how this works..I was under the impression that the P-51 Mustang was an additional simulator for that aircraft. Having said that, after installation complete, how do I add the P-51 to Xplane 11 or Microsoft Flight Simulator...

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Rocky.
The P51 or any A2A aircraft for that matter , install into your simulator FSXAcceleration/FSXSE/P3D depending on the version of simulator you have and the P51 you purchased MUST MATCH the simulator you have , A2A DONOT as yet do aircraft addons for XPLANE .
If it said the aircraft installed , then START your simulator then goto freeflight and select the A2A P51 then go fly , but if it shows in the free flight and you select it at the airport of you choice , do not try to fly it right away , this aircraft is not an easy aircraft to fly , so read the manual first , and look in the P51 section of this forum , and look at the videos on this aircraft that A2A did in the shop purchase page , or you will never get off the ground.
Also please let us know the following so the A2A staff and community can better help you .
1/ which simulator do you have ( FSXSE / FSXA / P3D )
2/ which version of P51 did you purchase ( so we can tell you if you purchased the correct one for your sim )
Going by what you have said sofar , it sounds like you did purchase the correct aircraft for the simulator you have , but it helps us to help you if we can confirm this .
regards Alan. 8)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I get a feeling he has XP11 and MSFS2020.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Rocky,

None of the A2A P-51 versions are compatible with X Plane 11 or the Microsoft Flight Simulator which was released in 2020. They're for either Flight Simulator X (FSX) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (P3D).

Please can you let us know the exact name of the package you purchased/downloaded, and whether you bought it direct from the A2A store here, or from another location?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”