Any experiences/guidance with Simshaker for Aviators, Jetpad and p3d (v5.1)?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dromer1967
Airman

Any experiences/guidance with Simshaker for Aviators, Jetpad and p3d (v5.1)?

Post by dromer1967 »

I have recently purchased the Simshaker Jetpad for greater immersion, based on many positive reviews.

When I however use Simshaker for Aviators together with the Jetpad and the A2A 172 in p3d (v5.1) the result is quite frankly pretty underwhelming.

The vibration effects are quite strong and mostly seem of an on/off nature instead of subtle changes when for example taxiing fast or more slowly.

Does anyone here have any experience in using Simshaker in P3D? And if so, could they perhaps share their Simshaker settings or some guidance in how to use the software properly with the Simshaker Jetpad?

Since there are so many positive reviews I am convinced I must be doing something wrong or have the wrong settings. But I haven't got a clue how to correct this :(

Peter

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Any experiences/guidance with Simshaker for Aviators, Jetpad and p3d (v5.1)?

Post by MarcE »

Are there positive reviews regarding it working with A2A? I‘ve never heard of it nor read about it in this forum.

Two assumptions:

1: many physical calculations of A2A aircraft (accusim) are made outside of the sim, bypassing the sim‘s physic engine.

2: I guess that the device reads the sim values from FSUIPC or Simconnect. But if assumption 1 means that Simconnect has nothing to deliver then there is nothing that can be translated into „kicks“, at least not in a satisfying way. You might try it with default aircraft and compare.

dromer1967
Airman

Re: Any experiences/guidance with Simshaker for Aviators, Jetpad and p3d (v5.1)?

Post by dromer1967 »

MarcE wrote: 10 May 2021, 23:18 Are there positive reviews regarding it working with A2A? I‘ve never heard of it nor read about it in this forum.

Two assumptions:

1: many physical calculations of A2A aircraft (accusim) are made outside of the sim, bypassing the sim‘s physic engine.

2: I guess that the device reads the sim values from FSUIPC or Simconnect. But if assumption 1 means that Simconnect has nothing to deliver then there is nothing that can be translated into „kicks“, at least not in a satisfying way. You might try it with default aircraft and compare.
I haven't seen any reviews yet so probably not. The software and hardware is perhaps more used in DCS. Something I found out after the purchase :(

About your assumptions.

1) I guess that's the problem mostly. Since for example engine RPM is an LVAR and not the default RPM variable the software will of course not respons properly to RPM. I hope that the needed variables are at least present as LVARs so they cán be used if needed.

2) The software reads sim values from Simconnect. I have contacted the developer to see if variables can be updated for different aircraft so we'll see how that pans out.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”