A2A Comanche and MS FS 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Comanche and MS FS 2020

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Jigsaw wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 12:08 I'd love to know what that "road block" is that holds things up for A2A. All that vagueness and stringing along is very frustrating. Why so secretive?

PMDG are coming out with their 2nd high-fidelity aircraft soon and they are also more transparent about what's going on.
I agree with you. But unfortunately for us that’s been the way A2A has done things since I joined this community 7 years ago. So I doubt they’ll change their ways.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 03:27 I’m also one of the lucky ones without many issues on MSFS. But I can understand the people that have issues. Even if they’re a minority.
The Microsoft Store score for FS2020 is 2.3 out of 5 currently, with 60% 1 star reviews on PC. On Xbox the situation is similar. So I would say that you have this backwards. The people with no issues are the minority while the majority have quite a few issues with the game.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

cristi.neagu wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 07:53
Piper_EEWL wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 03:27 I’m also one of the lucky ones without many issues on MSFS. But I can understand the people that have issues. Even if they’re a minority.
The Microsoft Store score for FS2020 is 2.3 out of 5 currently, with 60% 1 star reviews on PC. On Xbox the situation is similar. So I would say that you have this backwards. The people with no issues are the minority while the majority have quite a few issues with the game.
Keep in mind that people with no issues don‘t bother giving any rating while those who are unhappy give their frustration a vent.

jsbrewster1
Senior Airman

Post by jsbrewster1 »

I bought MSFS on Steam, and by and large, though not a scientific study in any sense, it seems like Steam users have encountered less problems than the Microsoft Store users. And the overall rating for MSFS in Steam is Mostly Positive, though Mixed recently, probably because of SU5. I don't think we're going to see another major update like SU5 for a while, maybe forever. Whether or not you think adding Xbox to the sim is a good idea is another discussion, but it's sort of inevitable with a MS product like this, and bound to cause issues initially. I've found Asobo to be pretty responsive, and trying to fix things as they occur, with somewhat mixed, though in my opinion, overall positive results.

I am probably a bit of a fanboy, I disliked FSX, it never worked right for me, and add-ons add-ons add-ons add-ons for EVERYTHING. P3D was slightly better, but still based on FSX, and every time I updated it, stuff broke. I left flight simming for 4 years because of all the issues with FSX, P3D, and XPlane, and after a year with MSFS, I'm still much happier than I ever was before. I also attempt to minimize add-ons to those I only truly need. I have JF's Arrow III and Warrior II, PF3, and FSUIPC7 (for PF3). I will get the GA aircraft from A2A when they are released, if it's something I want to fly.
Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator
US Air Force (retired)
"...and miles to go before I sleep..." - RF

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

MarcE wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 14:01 Keep in mind that people with no issues don‘t bother giving any rating while those who are unhappy give their frustration a vent.
I love the sim and the Spitfire when it's working properly. At the other times when the sim is pretty much a train wreck, my MSFS experience is as follows; screw around for and hour or so (lately trying to install the latest...no idea what "D/L the Xbox app" even means, much less where to find it...), then get bored and say screw it and go to P3D. I've no idea why anyone would want to go all in with MSFS at this point, other than to set up their opportunity to be impatient about the lack of A2A airplanes to date.

It used to be frustrating...now I just can't be bothered to talk or vent about it...lol

Also, I really like how every single posted question (probably around 400 of them by now...;)) about A2A and MSFS results in a couple of to-the-point responses, followed by multiple pages of generic, um...stuff...just sayin'... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Last edited by MkIV Hvd on 09 Sep 2021, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

MarcE wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 14:01
Keep in mind that people with no issues don‘t bother giving any rating while those who are unhappy give their frustration a vent.
Exactly that.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Did you also read the rest of my post? I said that MS and Asobo should fix the sim even if the affected group would be a minority only. I’m not necessarily saying that only a minority is affected!

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:10 ...I love the sim and the Spitfire when it's working properly. ....
Since you brought up the MFS Spitfire...Did the Mk IX have a wobble pump? I've recently been using the Flyingiron Spitfire and it's not bad once you have it off the deck (A MFS foible I think). In order to compare it with the A2A IIb I fired up P3D. A2A 1 FI 0. I'll go and compare them to DCS Spitfire.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Ron Attwood wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:35
MkIV Hvd wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:10 ...I love the sim and the Spitfire when it's working properly. ....
Since you brought up the MFS Spitfire...Did the Mk IX have a wobble pump? I've recently been using the Flyingiron Spitfire and it's not bad once you have it off the deck (A MFS foible I think). In order to compare it with the A2A IIb I fired up P3D. A2A 1 FI 0. I'll go and compare them to DCS Spitfire.
EDIT: Sorry Comanche, didn't mean to hijack your thread. :?

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:10

Also, I really like how every single posted question (probably around 400 of them by now...;)) about A2A and MSFS results in a couple of to-the-point responses, followed by multiple pages of generic, um...stuff...just sayin'... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
yeeaaaahhhp :D

We are quite a passionate crowd ;D I think MSFS polarizes so much because it has such an incredible potential that is just not used at the slightest bit. It could look fantastic but sloppy work (let's not get into reasons, there might be many out of hands for Asobo and due to MS) together with simply wrong advertising leave a really bad taste. I love flying in MSFS. Everything else that belongs to a flight like we enjoy it with our A2A addons can easily be spared out as it's completely pointless and even gets disrupted in case of the shutdown.

All that bad taste leads to frustration once you've experienced the incredible landscape and performance that is possible with MSFS. Since I have flown in MSFS at 40 FPS with my old PC I simply can't find anymore pleasure in 18 FPS P3D, the Bonanza, Spitfire and Co might be just as great. MSFS is a benchmark in many things but the glaring lack of important parts in realism and infrastructure increases the frustration even more. Beside flying my 747 or Learjet at FL380 I hardly can use P3D anymore with satisfaction. The A2A Spitfire is old but such a beautiful model but despite its great simulation flying it low and not so slow over south England simply doesn't give it to me anymore. Last night I did that but used VR and that's the only way I can still enjoy the warbirds as the scenery in MSFS looks equally bad in my VR headset than in P3D lol.

Talk about passionate people and drift off again lol. I'm such a cliche example sometimes.

The bottom point is that MS promised the stars and delivered a meadow... And the feeling of the community is that this grassland turns more and more into a desert. This might be totally wrong behind the scenes but we don't know anything about it. And on top of that there are so many people who simply laugh at those who feel left behind or ripped off, belittle them and in case of the official forum simply flag and hide them if their opinion doesn't please them. This leads to a split comunity where two fronts stand against each other. Therefore discussions automatically shift into forums where they can be done politely and seriously, where people listen and reply with common sense instead of feelings. It's nice to still have such places and the A2A forum, although not meant as such, is one of these places.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Ron Attwood wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:35 Since you brought up the MFS Spitfire...Did the Mk IX have a wobble pump? I've recently been using the Flyingiron Spitfire and it's not bad once you have it off the deck (A MFS foible I think). In order to compare it with the A2A IIb I fired up P3D. A2A 1 FI 0. I'll go and compare them to DCS Spitfire.
I have no idea if the real one did...this one does...don't care, really :wink:
Ya, the ground handling in general is not good and takeoff is a crapshoot at best, but I'm getting used to that. Once airborne I think it flies beautifully. I definitely think the A2A MKII feels more realistic, but that' s the only other Spitfire I've ever flown so it is all open for debate...(see new thread idea below lol).
I think a 0/1 criteria is not right...I'd go with A2A 100%, IW 75% :wink: :mrgreen:
Ron Attwood wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 15:36 EDIT: Sorry Comanche, didn't mean to hijack your thread. :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: seriously dude??! hijack to...um...stuff began on the second page. Probably not a problem by now :mrgreen:
WAIT!! Let's start a new thread for that IW discussion!!! :mrgreen:
MarcE wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 16:41Therefore discussions automatically shift into forums where they can be done politely and seriously, where people listen and reply with common sense instead of feelings. It's nice to still have such places and the A2A forum, although not meant as such, is one of these places.
Amen to that!

Cheers,
Rob
Last edited by MkIV Hvd on 09 Sep 2021, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

One issue I can see is Xbox compatibility. If A2A wants the systems and flight model to act independently from the sim, I think that's only possible on the PC? Doesn't Microsoft want all addons to work with both? Thirteen months in, kinda losing hope...

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

It looks as though this thread has run it's course so I reckon it's OK to report my 'personal' finding on the DCS Spitfire.
A clear win for A2A handling wise, second is Flyingiron, third is DCS with it's homicidal tendency on take off and landing!
Graphics: A2A v DCS score draw. Flyingiron's efforts are just a tad below par. Not terrible, just not as sharp.

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

I get it! Just like me, just not as sharp!
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

wblackret wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 20:21 I get it! Just like me, just not as sharp!
I'm not fooled by that 'silly ol' me' act. Yoo'm sharp enuff a'ready.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”