Migrate license from A2A store to Orbx store possible ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
janjessen
Airman Basic

Migrate license from A2A store to Orbx store possible ?

Post by janjessen »

Hi

I apologize in advance if this has been answered before, but my search on the forums did not give my any answers, maybe lack of search skills ;-)

Is there any way for me to transfer my license from an A2A Simulations purchase to my Orbx account, i really like what Orbx have done for easy of installation and maintenance of add'ons :)

Best Regards
Jan

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: Migrate license from A2A store to Orbx store possible ?

Post by ebo »

Very good question, which I have asked as well.
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Guys,

Afraid it's not possible to transfer previous purchases from the A2A store or other retailers to your Orbx account.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

It's always better to stay with the OC store when purchasing. That way it is always there for as long as the company exists. I have been burned twice now by two third party websites going out of business without even a word that they were closing up shop and I lost access to well over $800USD of merchandise that I can no longer access as I can't find emails to confirm that I bought the items in the first place. A2A was awesome in helping restore my purchases from fspilotshop.com where I had well over $2000USD in purchases from before I got out of the Army 2002 till when they closed. So to try to get A2A let you move to another 3rd party platform? That is totally backwards thinking, and since I switched to MSFS I no longer even have Orbx Central installed on my system and only buy airport addons directly from the creators there as well, such as Vertialsim, even though they are for sale on the MSFS market place. I have only bought one thing from that Marketplace, the Waco YMF-5 by Alabeo, and that was only to go through the process, and because it was relatively inexpensive. After that all products are bought directly from the creators, if they don't sell direct then I don't buy from them, it's that simple.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

On that note...

What would actually happen if A2A would discontinue? Provided we have saved the installers on a USB stick or something, would we still be able to install and use the planes, or would that be the end of an awesome era for everyone?

Since there's no need to contact the website (I think) before starting new flights, as long as it's installed already it should be fine, but what about installing anew...?

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Illi73 wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 12:25 On that note...

What would actually happen if A2A would discontinue? Provided we have saved the installers on a USB stick or something, would we still be able to install and use the planes, or would that be the end of an awesome era for everyone?

Since there's no need to contact the website (I think) before starting new flights, as long as it's installed already it should be fine, but what about installing anew...?
You are correct there is no need as long as you have the installers already. As for the first question, if you do not have backups(a failing that I regret not having from the fspilotshop debacle) then you should, plain and simple.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

If A2A went off-line for any reason the old installers may very well still work. But without updates I doubt they would work properly.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”