The NEW T-6!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
gridley
Airman

The NEW T-6!

Post by gridley »

Can we get one of these A2A? PLEEEEEZ?
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3 ... k-aircraft
[email protected], 32gb RAM, EVGA GTX1080 w/8GB vram, Win10, RiftS, P3Dv5.1.1. . .

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: The NEW T-6!

Post by Al FR-153 »

Sure.....Simply get your wallet out, purchase a $10,000 (minimum) system with VR and top of the line joystick/throttle pack and pedals, then pay Scott what the USAF did, and you too can get this:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=67987&p=516583&hil ... er#p516583

But, a simple please isn't going to cut the mustard (get the job done). There just might be a security clearance involved as well.

A cheaper alternative might be to sign on the dotted line and join the Air Force. :wink:
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

There was talk of a dumbed down version for public release, 2019 I think. Could be wrong about the time line but it feels like 100 years ago now.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Every time I see something about "T-6" I go check it out...then, when I see it's for *that* T-6, which never should have even been called that in the first place, I'm instantly disinterested. I'd never fly it anyway, but for those that would, good luck in getting it. If it never shows up I'm good :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Dang, that post reminds me that May this year will be 2 years since the Aerostar was introduced to us as a product. We are a patient bunch.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

twsharp12 wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 08:36 Dang, that post reminds me that May this year will be 2 years since the Aerostar was introduced to us as a product. We are a patient bunch.
Some of us anyway...... :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Every time I see something about "T-6" I go check it out...then, when I see it's for *that* T-6
I know the feeling. When I was about to exit the Air Force after 8 years, they made several changes. The serial number that I had pounded into my head was going to change to my Social Security number....Duh!

The T-38 Talon trainer was upgraded to fighter status as the F-5. Mind you, we already had an F-102, F-104, F-106, F-110 (borrowed from the Navy's F-4) and now we are going to have an F-5....Duh!

Scrap the B-52, the new kid on the block will be called the B-2.....Say What?

The Minuteman missile system on which I worked my last 4 years was now updated to the Peacemaker. Explain to me how a nuclear weapon atop a roman candle (a.k.a. - Inner City Beer Missile) can be a PEACE-maker. Well, I was SAC so I knew where they were going with that.

Then, the trusty old yellow T-6 got a new name..... The T-6.... Duh, Say What....I'm out of here. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Simples... in 1962 it was decided that the tri-service nomenclature was to be introduced. That meant the numbers got reset, and many new things were to the new number (with some notable exceptions). It was just as shambolic beforehand, especially in the army... M-3 light tank, M-3 medium tank, M-3 half-track, M-3 grease gun, probably M-3 webbing... Though the numbering of ships seemed to escape it.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”