ATC sound Issue

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Raebo
Airman First Class

ATC sound Issue

Post by Raebo »

Hi everyone
I have a problem that has just come up and I can't seem to figure out the cause
I have changed nothing
After entering the cockpit of the B-377 everything including the sounds are perfect.
Once I engage ATC the sound dampers down very low especially all the cockpit sounds
I can still hear ATC but its very low, after I finish with ATC the sound comes back to normal after about a minute
I have flown thousands of hours since buying this aircraft and have never come across this issue.
I checked my other aircraft and all have the same issue,
I doubt its an A2A problem but maybe some of you have experienced this problem.
Im on windows 10, it seems to have started after the last update, but that could just be a coincidence.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: ATC sound Issue

Post by Paughco »

I have experienced the same problem. I'm not sure what caused it, but maybe it was due to a Windows update or possibly an Nvidia driver update. Here is my work-around. If you are running your sim in full screen, hit Alt+Enter to make it go to a window mode. Right click the speaker icon in the right end of your tool bar. Left click on "Open Volume Mixer." This will show a graphic representation of all the processes and their associated sound levels. Move the P3D slider up to a higher level. Or, after right-clicking the speaker icon, left click on "Sound." Click on the "Communication" tab. Click on the "Do nothing" button and save. Or, click on one of the other options, then click back on the Do nothing selection. I read about this on a forum somewhere, but the Sound Mixer thing works best. The sound mixer fix seems to last until for the whole rest of the flight, but I have to do it again at the beginning of the next flight. It also works really well for balancing the P3D sounds versus hearing the rest of my pals talking on Discord during multiplayer flights.

Good luck!

Seeya
ATB

theScotsman87
Airman Basic

Post by theScotsman87 »

Hi,

First time on the forum and have been dealing with the same issue.

Found this topic through a quick google search. I have just got the latest windows10 update and can report the same findings.

This seems to be causing issues on a whole host of PC titles, hope an official windows fix is in the works!

Anyway, many thanks for your help in finding a quick solution guys.

I wanted to create a quick account just to say Cheers!

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

any help fellas?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/595278-sound-issue/

Rod EGBB

ps I'm not so tech-savvy

mglan80
Airman

Post by mglan80 »

Rod,

Just follow the directions in Neil’s second link on the Avsim link you have in your post. It fixed my issue in a few seconds.

I had the same issue yesterday after updating Windows. Made me abandon a spitfire flight. No sound is just no good!!

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Yes, my sound was also fixed by Neil's 2nd link ...very neat trick, simple solution: control panel/sound/communications/"do nothin"

Now back to the T6 and a bit of roaring; constant, not intermittent ..........Orbx LeedsBradford (EGNM) to Blackpool (EGNH).

Rod EGBB (P3Dv5 is working great; frames "unlimited" within P3D but "limited 32" in nVidia control panel); love the Atmospheric Enhancement)

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Thanks for this hint. Also fixed the problem for me.

The only sound related thing that I can't solve is the rear speakers.
On my old system I had stereo in FSX.SE, but the rear speakers of my 5.1 system also had sound. There was an audio setting to fill up the rears, even there are no channels in the audiosource.
Now in the realtek audio console checkbox "Lautsprecherauffüllung" is ticked, but I don't have the rears working with p3dv4. Movie sources with 6 channels are working correctly.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

gulredrel wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 06:02 Thanks for this hint. Also fixed the problem for me.

The only sound related thing that I can't solve is the rear speakers.
On my old system I had stereo in FSX.SE, but the rear speakers of my 5.1 system also had sound. There was an audio setting to fill up the rears, even there are no channels in the audiosource.
Now in the realtek audio console checkbox "Lautsprecherauffüllung" is ticked, but I don't have the rears working with p3dv4. Movie sources with 6 channels are working correctly.
In P3D's Sound Settings choose your speakers instead of the default Windows option.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Already tried different options. Doesn't makes any difference. At least the grumble is coming through the subwoofer.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”