Liking MSFS2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bucky60
Airman

Re: Liking MSFS2020

Post by bucky60 »

LouP wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 17:34 Bucky,

The Cessna 152 and 172 both have versions of no glass. There is also a glass version of the 172, too. Not sure what level these are offered at though as I got the premium package. Also, for some reason I like flying the glass cockpits in MSFS much better than before.

LouP
Thanks for the response but I didn't see a 172 with old fashion radios. I saw 2 172's. One was aerobatic while the other wasn't. Both have garmin's instead of plain radios. Am I missing something? The 152 doesn't have auto-pilot.

I want a GA aircraft with old fashion radios, like my Tripacer had (not modern garmins) and with an auto-pilot. If you are aware of a 172 (or any GA in MSFS) please help me find it.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Bigfish14 wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 15:39 I've only recently revived my FSX installation after a fairly long absence, on my new Win 10 Pro PC which I'd built to run MSFS 2020. I invested twenty quid in FSX Steam Edition, big improvement on the boxed version, another twenty odd quid on FSUIPC4, so my shiny new Honeycomb Alpha talks faultlessly to my A2A C172. I recovered all my VFR gen X and UTX/GEX USA scenery. Re-downloaded my A2A Cub, C172 and Spitfire, ran the updater, outstanding performance from A2A of course. I'm very happy using the C172 to learn to fly properly, and I'm blown away by the discovery you can learn to use the radio stack by reading the "real" manuals! I can now use VOR!!
Coworkers: How's Half Life: Alex with that new VR headset?
Me: I put it on hold. I'm playing this 16-year old flight sim now with and I'm really having fun tuning VORs and NDBs and navigating by ADF and CDIs!
Coworkers: (slowly melt away)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Bigfish14
Airman

Post by Bigfish14 »

Skycat, exactly. In fact I've been feeling a little guilty as I also found my E6B (cardboard 'computer') and map (shiny paper), but I cheated, didn't use them, and instead started learning to navigate with those high-tech VORs. And the good news is that while in the real world they're all being demolished, in the never-to-be-updated FSXSE they'll always be there for me, and so will my beautiful A2A C172 with its dials and twirly needles!
Alan
i9-10900k @5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Hero, 32 Gb DDR4-3600, RTX 2060, Acer Predator X34, FSXSE, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Logitech Pro Pedals

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

bucky60 wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 17:58
LouP wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 17:34 Bucky,

The Cessna 152 and 172 both have versions of no glass. There is also a glass version of the 172, too. Not sure what level these are offered at though as I got the premium package. Also, for some reason I like flying the glass cockpits in MSFS much better than before.

LouP
Thanks for the response but I didn't see a 172 with old fashion radios. I saw 2 172's. One was aerobatic while the other wasn't. Both have garmin's instead of plain radios. Am I missing something? The 152 doesn't have auto-pilot.

I want a GA aircraft with old fashion radios, like my Tripacer had (not modern garmins) and with an auto-pilot. If you are aware of a 172 (or any GA in MSFS) please help me find it.
Hi Bucky,

Like you, I like the old steam gauges, also, and I can assure you I fly the 152 and 172 with NO glass cockpits quite a bit. I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Maybe they are only in the premium deluxe version which is what I have. Come to think of it the Icon has steam gauges, too. They are a little whacky as they try to make that thing look like a car which is why I probably forgot about it.

LouP

bucky60
Airman

Post by bucky60 »

LouP wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 17:33 Hi Bucky,

Like you, I like the old steam gauges, also, and I can assure you I fly the 152 and 172 with NO glass cockpits quite a bit. I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Maybe they are only in the premium deluxe version which is what I have. Come to think of it the Icon has steam gauges, too. They are a little whacky as they try to make that thing look like a car which is why I probably forgot about it.

LouP
There are only 2 172's that I see in the entire package. One is the 172 G1000. The other still has Garmin in place of just NAV/COM radios.

If I knew how to imbed a picture from my HardDrive to the site, I would do that. Is there another C172? When I look on the internet for planes that come with each tier, there are only 2 listed.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

bucky60 wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 10:52
LouP wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 17:33 Hi Bucky,

LouP
There are only 2 172's that I see in the entire package. One is the 172 G1000. The other still has Garmin in place of just NAV/COM radios.

If I knew how to imbed a picture from my HardDrive to the site, I would do that. Is there another C172? When I look on the internet for planes that come with each tier, there are only 2 listed.
It looks like you're talking about this version: https://youtu.be/W-MLT3vyQWY The video says it is in the Standard version but it looks to me that this version is actually the one in Deluxe version; and the G1000 version of the C172 that is the one that is in Standard.

Here is a video of the G1000 version: https://youtu.be/KJGrLb3EmvU

And the list where I found what comes with what: https://onemileatatime.com/wp-content/u ... Planes.jpg
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bucky60
Airman

Post by bucky60 »

Skycat wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 18:42
It looks like you're talking about this version: https://youtu.be/W-MLT3vyQWY The video says it is in the Standard version but it looks to me that this version is actually the one in Deluxe version; and the G1000 version of the C172 that is the one that is in Standard.

Here is a video of the G1000 version: https://youtu.be/KJGrLb3EmvU

And the list where I found what comes with what: https://onemileatatime.com/wp-content/u ... Planes.jpg
Thanks skycat. Guess I'll just have to wait. I'm a bit old fashioned. Don't want those internal GPS's.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Last night I plugged in my „old“ Oculus Rift which I had used extensively with the P51 in P3Dv4 for use with MSFS. I flew the modded Da-40 around Gibraltar. I don‘t have a killer PC but a GSX1080Ti with 11GB VRAM. What... A.... BLAST! I‘m done with 2D in MSFS for sure. P3D ok. A2As, PMDGs, Learjet 35. But the small default grasshoppers in MSFS are simply amazing in 3D/VR 😍 Can‘t wait for the Pa60 now lol

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”