Steam A2A Add-ons

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
OzcanK
Airman

Steam A2A Add-ons

Post by OzcanK »

Hello,

I'm getting back into FSX (SE this time) after many many years away, and I wanted to re-purchase some Accusim aircraft, which I used to love flying (I couldn't find my order receipts and the installers are who knows where). So I noticed I can do so either directly from the A2A store, or through Steam. I know that third party vendors take a commission, so my initial thought was to purchase through the A2A store to better support the creators, but I'm quite confused by the unbelievable amount of price difference between Steam and A2A. I know Steam has their own policy and all and they sell stuff in my own currency (Turkish Liras) of course, but the difference here is just huge! As an example, the J3 Cub costs 29.99$ on A2A (without the current discount), which is about 230TL today. The Steam price on the other hand is 55TL (again, no discounts). That is almost 1/5!!! And this goes for all the other A2A aircraft on Steam.

So, I have to ask. Is the Steam version the exact same product? Does it for example not include the Accusim part of the installer? Will I be able to update the product the same way?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Steam A2A Add-ons

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I use FSX SE and I have never bought anything on the steam store except FSX. I like to buy directly from :a2a:
If you have ever bought anything from :a2a: give Lewis :a2a: a shout on a PM. He might be able to find your account in the old store and transfer any purchases to the new one.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey no worries to re-buy stuff. Please check here if you purchased from the A2A Store directly we can get you moved across;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=63788

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Take Lewis up on his offer to restore your old purchases. The old FSX products work great in FSX Steam Edition too, you just have to point the installers to the FSX folder in your Steam directory on your hard drive.

Edit: All of the Steam DLC aircraft appear to be the same versions as sold at the A2A Online Store. The Piper Cub at Steam has AccuSim and also the extras like floats, Tundra Tires and skis.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

OzcanK
Airman

Post by OzcanK »

I already transferred my old Cub and Accu-feel purchases, thanks a lot for the reply. I also had the 172 and P-47 but those were on another account (don't ask why) and I can't remember/find the e-mail address I used for those. It's OK though, I'm willing to repurchase them.

I was worried about the Steam versions, because I read a lot of reviews about add-ons from other companies, that the steam versions were not the latest and that they wouldn't get updated on steam for some reason. So just to confirm, the A2A products on Steam are either always the latest builds, or they can be updated via the A2A updater, right?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

If you already have the Cub and Accufeel, all that is left to buy as Steam DLC are Aircraft Factory products. If there were ever patches to update them, I think the patches can be downloaded and applied directly to FSX Steam install. I've never seen Aircraft Factory products included in the common updater patches.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Arofek
Airman Basic

Post by Arofek »

OzcanK wrote: 24 Dec 2020, 05:59
I was worried about the Steam versions, because I read a lot of reviews about add-ons from other companies, that the steam versions were not the latest and that they wouldn't get updated on steam for some reason. So just to confirm, the A2A products on Steam are either always the latest builds, or they can be updated via the A2A updater, right?
I just bought the Pipercub from Steam ( 8.51 €, there are the Christmas promotions ), and it doesn't seem to have any problems , accusim is ok
( they are not updated with A2A, but no conflicts with the other A2A planes )
no trace of the Piper in FSX SE files, they don't work with A2A, and no manual, but you can download it here
so, for me, you can buy it on Steam

https://a2asimulations.com/Manuals/P3D/ ... al_P3D.pdf

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”