B-17 Released for Prepar3D v4/v5

A Living Legend
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: B-17 Released for Prepar3D v4/v5

Post by Paughco »

The A2A B-17 is a great airplane. Glad I got it!

Thank you!
ATB

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

Such a pleasure to fly. I really love the extra maintenance options, that are not there with the Connie.
And the rain effects on the windshield!! So cool !

Thank you so much for updating it!

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Team

New to the B-17. Just took her for a two hour trip to New Orleans. Used the shift-2 check list and tool tips to get through. Since skimmed the manual and found the things I didn’t do right. :lol:

Sat for a good chunk of the trip thinking they were brave boys, flying those on operations, in daylight.

Thank you for bringing it to V4.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Woogey
Airman Basic

Post by Woogey »

Good day everyone,

I hope you all are having a very nice Saturday. I am Learning the ins and out of the B-17 after having installed it into P3d 4.5. I am wondering if there is a way to make the plexiglass more transparent and less mirror like?
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 29224 times
Sincerely, -Preston

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hey Preston,

The latest I saw on this was to try turning on or off dynamic reflections in your settings.

Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=71882

GL_64
Senior Airman

Post by GL_64 »

But the bare metal liveries look much better with reflections high.

They mentioned they were trying to improve the windows ! With A2A, that tends to mean a patch WILL be forthcoming.......trust me !

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

So pleasant to see the B17 back to life. Instant buy for me.

I wonder if the development time/workload to upgrade it "as is" to P3D4 was long or not?

Because I would definitely buy the P47 and, especially, the B377 again, even if they don't offer new features, even without PBR etc ! Just the same as FSX but that works with P3D... Is already a great step forward.

GL_64
Senior Airman

Post by GL_64 »

I would have preferred a bit of an improvement to textures etc ....PBR and 'wot not' ....BUT, the upside is that the FPS performance is very good.

Still get a few stutters etc., but it's par for the course with all P3D addons.

Overall I'm pleased...it only cost 15 quid, and the Connie I also but in the sale, was more but also looks significantly better.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Genista wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 05:28 So pleasant to see the B17 back to life. Instant buy for me.

I wonder if the development time/workload to upgrade it "as is" to P3D4 was long or not?

Because I would definitely buy the P47 and, especially, the B377 again, even if they don't offer new features, even without PBR etc ! Just the same as FSX but that works with P3D... Is already a great step forward.
+1000%! 8)

Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Skydiver79
Airman

Post by Skydiver79 »

I cannot believe I missed this in December, but I couldn't be happier today! Except I'm at work for the next few hours, so I can't start installing the 17 right away.

Having logged 3300 hours or so in the Fort in FSX over a four or five year period, a good chunk of those hours with the 91st or with friends made in that group, I am super excited to climb back in that flight deck! My FSX rig died years back, and I decided to go P3D on the new rig. Now, of course, I've been preoccupied with the new sim from MS. The 17 gives me the perfect reason to update P3Dv5 and Active Sky, and go fly there for a change.

Glad I found and read this thread. Now I have to head over to the 91st's webpage for the first time in more than a couple years to see if I can download my logbook before they change servers...

Again, kudos A2A!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

SJDobby
Airman

Post by SJDobby »

Been looking forward to a P3D version of this, having got the original version for my (now retired) FSX fleet.

My laptop is of comparatively modest spec (I’ve had to turn down the sim options somewhat to get certain other aircraft to work reliably in VR) but I am impressed with the performance of this aircraft in P3D v5, with my Oculus Quest headset being fed in full (single pass) stereo without any blips or pauses.

I started with a couple of short hops (Innsbruck to Belgrade via Vienna) to re-acquaint myself with my hand-written A6-sized checklists and functionality of the C1 autopilot, during which time I did manage to accidentally jettison some not-yet-empty bomb-bay tanks on a remote hillside east of Salzburg (whoops).

Today I ran a flight from Bournemouth, landing after-dark at Keflavik on my first leg towards Hawaii; the cockpit lighting (fluorescent and uv) is very atmospheric through a 3D headset.

And oh how I have been missing the sarcastic comments from my flight crew when I do things like forget to heat the cabin or let the engines idle a bit low. And yes, I did remember to don the oxygen mask but not before purposefully waiting for my virtual self to start some serious heavy breathing.

Thank you A2A for bringing an old friend back to my virtual aerial playground.

Any chance you could do the same with the Stratocruiser please? 8)
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”